The New Condem Government

bickster

Me, too.

Though I did just have to recall his idiot answer on help to buy and put that alongside 'Money's too tight to mention' to get back to a normal state about him.

Indeed!

It's been a poor show to be honest, nobody with anything interesting to say.

it annoys me, there is a nugget of a pedant's argument there on gay marriage but somehow, somehow, everyone that expresses the anti gay marriage opinion goes too far and starts talking bollocks

all that stuff about marriage being for babies and babies needing biological parents is just so poorly thought through its a bit depressing

In as much as they've got any argument at all, they should simply argue that marriage is a religious ceremony, and most religions state their opposition to homosexuality.  The obvious retort to that is of course "piss off nutjobs" but that would be mixing bolitics with religion and we don't need that.

• Like 1

No, for me the only half argument I think they could reasonably offer is that the word means something like recognised union between a male and a female so you can no more call a union between two same sex people a 'marriage' as you can call it 'cereal' or 'microwave' it just means something else, it needs its own word.

I don't like milk, but I don't want to be left out, so when I drink water I want to be legally allowed to call that milk and have everyone else recognise it as milk.

That's the MP for here. I don'tlike the tories at all, and it;s interesting he's said "some of it isn't true". I think it said he's been boffing a rent boy and buying persian rugs. Not really the sort of thing that's looked upon well round these parts, by the blue rinse and retired major types that seem to mean that this place always ends up being tory by a massive majority. Wonder if he'll resign from being an MP, or the local association will recall him or whatever the word is?

I think he's one of theones who voted for gay marriage and he's done stuff for local druggies (or at least showed his face at druggie centres). I guess he's not a hypocrit, but he's unlikely to get re-elected, I'd think. I guess they'll get someone else to be tory MP here next time.

Maybe he could get a job at the co-op bank?

I think it said he's been boffing a rent boy and buying persian rugs. Not really the sort of thing that's looked upon well round these parts, by the blue rinse and retired major types that seem to mean that this place always ends up being tory by a massive majority. 

Sol Campbell thinks their dislike of persian rugs is a bit racist.

Rather than another minor sex story, the focus should be on actual corruption, eg Maria Miller.

Buys a house for £234,000, puts a mortgage on it to the tune of £575,000, with us paying the interest on the mortgage.  Since over a 4-year period she claimed only £115 less than the maximum allowed, I suppose the size of the mortgage was decided as the amount which would maximise her leeching off us.

And she arranged things so we were paying the cost of her parents' home.

But as an anonymous Tory says, “We simply cannot have a member of the Cabinet found to have abused the expenses system in any way this close to vital elections.”.  So the concern is first that she's been found out, and second that it's annoyingly close to the elections.  Not "This is wrong and unacceptable".

• Like 2

I think any member of any political party would think the same way. None of them are interested in morality/doing the right thing. Its all about power. Getting it and keeping it.

The remedy to this is remarkably simple. Increase MPs salary to £100k each and build an affordable halls of resisdence style campus for them all which they have free access to when on parliamentary business. End expenses for residences and 2nd homes in a stroke.

I think any member of any political party would think the same way. None of them are interested in morality/doing the right thing. Its all about power. Getting it and keeping it.

The remedy to this is remarkably simple. Increase MPs salary to £100k each and build an affordable halls of resisdence style campus for them all which they have free access to when on parliamentary business. End expenses for residences and 2nd homes in a stroke.

Why do they need a £30k payrise if their 'expenses' are just being replaced with alternatives?

• Like 1

Â