Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

This thread is done.

to sum it up ( wait for it, it's a big list) : :lol:

Ireland in / Milner Out!

/Until January.

:)

Well at least we know what we got...

And it saves the wear and tear of the chairs...

No signings because the chairs are being restuffed :D

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the managerial situation, it really is quite staggering that we couldn't bring in anyone but Ireland! You really get the impression that things are in a mess behind the scenes The statement on Sunday about any new manager justified its lateness by claiming they didn't want to unsettle the players - did they not think that a wall of silence was just as unsettling.

KM will inevitably get the blame rather than RL & PF despite KM putting in a list of possible players.

I wouldn't now be surprised if the board appoint KM and he becomes a convenient scapegoat if it all goes pear shaped. Whatever happens over this season, imho this interlude must raise the question whether we also need more football expertise on the board.

This season is a write off. As long as we dont lose to the shite that's all that matters now.

After 3 games of the season? Get a grip man!

If you're talking about winning the league then the season is a write off but it was before the season started. Top 4 finish is unlikely but it's not completely impossible.

There isn't anyone who doesn't wish we had a couple of new signings but once MON pissed off 5 days before the start of the season we were always very much on the back foot. I'm just relieved we haven't lost any of the significant players apart from Milner.

The likes of Liverpool and Everton are not much stronger than they were last season. Even Spurs with CL football have only manager a Brazilian rookie and a back up keeper. I don't accept that we have fallen behind and that the season is a right off. Most important thing is to get the right manager in. If we keep in touch until Jan and hopefully get a couple of players in then we could be as competitive as last season.

problem overall is that MON took all his back room staff, so Villa are very short of coaching staff, we are very stretched. To see no signings and to have the start we have have, shows what control MON had, and what a good job KMac has done for us. (in no way is that a recommendation that he becomes manager)

Spurs is a strange one. They needed a striker because they were losing, or getting rid of, Keane. But they still have Keane. They badly needed backup for the crocked Woodgate and the fragile King so they brought in someone who has been there and done it all. Gallas, for nowt. They have Sandro to come in and they didn't lose any of Bentley, Jenas or the supporting cast. Spurs just need to USE the players they already have. They could and should have pushed on with better players and they might do it in January but I think some of their problem is helped by not losing the players we assumed they'd sell. Opportunity missed, but not the disaster.

If you think it's been bad for us, look at Spurs. CL, time to now push on surely.....they've signed Gallas and some unknown keeper on loan and an unproven young brazilian called Sandro.
Whilst managing to retain their best players and manager!

If you think it's been bad for us, look at Spurs. CL, time to now push on surely.....they've signed Gallas and some unknown keeper on loan and an unproven young brazilian called Sandro.

And everyone says is I have to put out the obligatotory, yet they have a larger squad than us in both depth and quality, STOP CLUTCHING AT STRAWS!

We don't even have left back cover FFS!

Whilst managing to retain their best players and manager!

True but I can't see them pushing on when it was their greatest chance too.

No doubt if we were in Spurs position, you'd be shouting about the board giving no money and showing no ambition.

No doubt if we were in Spurs position, you'd be shouting about the board giving no money and showing no ambition.

Dunno I'd probably still be celebrating the fact that we had achieved a top four finish, but then we aren't in their position and I am not a fan of Spurs

Yep and tbf there's definitely a strong case for it. My mate was defo expecting big things. Confident that Spurs were sitting on a big pile of cash, pleading poverty, then getting the extra dosh from the CL and pillaging all and sundry in the final days of the window. I'm as surprised as he is that they've been as quiet as they were.