Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/31/transfer-deadline-day-live-clockwatch1

2.17pm: News from the West Midlands that Wolves brought Marcus Bent in on loan because they don't like scoring goals they're about to sell Kevin Doyle to Villa.

yes please! but it won't happen..3 hours till window closes.

youd have to assume that if its on the cards we didnt just make our first contact today. fingers crossed anyway, he'd be a fantastic signing... though hleb was EXACTLY what we needed this window if there was to be another signing

Can we still get players in on loan when the window shuts ?

nope

Would have to disagree, a creative player is exactly what we dont need IMO. With Downing, Ireland, Young and Albrighton we are more than covered in this position. What we really needed was a Scott Parker in my opinion. If not Parker, then someone of his ilk.

If we've wasted a transfer season for a manager we could have signed weeks ago then some people will be peed off.
Same here, and while I don't agree with the conspiracy theories that Randy and the board have been putting it off to avoid spending money on transfers it will certainly add fuel to the fire.

Would have to disagree, a creative player is exactly what we dont need IMO. With Downing, Ireland, Young and Albrighton we are more than covered in this position. What we really needed was a Scott Parker in my opinion. If not Parker, then someone of his ilk.

when hleb was at arsenal there was nobody as good as him in the league at getting his foot on the ball and playing a pass. hes not a fancy dan, he'll put in a bit of graft as well. he's the midway we need between petrov and ireland in terms of midfield stability. play stan behind hleb and ireland and i think we'd be quite composed in the middle and more than able to control a game from there

I think the January transfer window will be crucial. If we can get a good manager in I see no reaosn why we can't be up there in the top 5-6 at Christmas since the reason why we've failed to get 4th is not because of lack of quality but lack of squad depth.

What a **** shit transfer window! Teams in the league strengthened, we have weakened. At least last transfer window we sold one of our best players and bought in quite a few others to strengthen. Nothing of the sorts this year. Lets hope we hold our ground well until January.

My tin hat is certainly on now, smells like Randy doesn't want to spend any more money.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is unwilling to bankroll us at all.

I am absolutely shocked at this to be honest. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this a shift in opinion? Is it just this summers events that have made you do that?

I think the January transfer window will be crucial. If we can get a good manager in I see no reaosn why we can't be up there in the top 5-6 at Christmas since the reason why we've failed to get 4th is not because of lack of quality but lack of squad depth.

This. If come January we have top quality manager in, who has kept us within touching distance of top 4, and RL has given the new manager some money we could have a great season. Time will tell. Of course the balance is that fine that the wrong appointment and we could write the season off by January.

What a **** shit transfer window! Teams in the league strengthened, we have weakened. At least last transfer window we sold one of our best players and bought in quite a few others to strengthen. Nothing of the sorts this year. Lets hope we hold our ground well until January.

I disagree, hopefully some of our young players will get a chance, Nathan, Bannan, Clark, Albrighton etc. I think (apart from Milner) we possibly have a better squad - because we may get someone who uses it.

This. If come January we have top quality manager in, who has kept us within touching distance of top 4, and RL has given the new manager some money we could have a great season. Time will tell. Of course the balance is that fine that the wrong appointment and we could write the season off by January.

It will be very difficult to buy the players we want or need in January.