Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keane is going to be surplus to requirements very soon, rumor has it Fabiano is having his medical at the moment. I don't really rate him, but surely he is better than Heskey and could probably link up well with Ireland and do a decent job for us. Think he'll end up at Newcastle though.

Btw, didn't Huntelaar already go to barca in the Ibra deal?

K Mac said on BBC that he's recommended 1 or 2 players to the board etc.

Did he say this today after the match?

Yes.

I like the sound of this to be fair. I hope they're good recommendations and the board take him up on them, I would like one more new signing before Tuesday, even a loan.

So Schalke will have Raul and Huntelaar up front next season! Very good forward line there, with Rakitic behind aswell.

The supply from Rakitic and Farfan should make that combo fecking lethal. Hope they don't expect any tracking back, though!

We will not sign anyone.

We do not have any glaring holes in our team and we have a little bit of depth. The only players we need will cost 10+ million and if you are going to spend that much money on a player then you want it to be the right one, and only a manager can determine that.

I think we will have a season with plenty of highs and lows and next season we will have a better idea of what the new manager wants to do and how he wants to shape the squad.

Sidwell to WBA for 3million!

I've just read that on Newsnow, Daily Mail article. Can we afford to allow Sidwell to leave without bringing any other midfielder in to replace him? I honestly don't think so. With Delph out, we only have Petrov, NRC and Ireland for the centre. Bannan and Hogg aren't ready yet. Sidwell might be useless but at least he has experience.

Skysports.com understands that Tottenham have lodged a bid for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young.

Harry Redknapp is determined to bolster his squad ahead of the transfer deadline on Tuesday, especially after earning qualification to the UEFA Champions League group phase.

He has been linked with several top players and has never hidden his admiration for England international Young.

Speculation about the 25-year-old's future has increased since Martin O'Neill's departure from Villa earlier this month and the club's recent exit from Europe.

Redknapp has previously admitted that it would be difficult to prise Young away from Villa but Spurs are now thought to have tested their resolve with a firm offer.

Villa have yet to respond to the proposal and Tottenham will have to work quickly if they are to push through a deal in the next couple of days, but the Midlands club appear keen to keep the winger.