Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Depends on the price.

Barry might not be elite level, might not be as good as he thinks.

But I'd still say he's plenty good enough for us.

He'd bring some composure to the midfield again, and even if he doesn't always hit the final killer pass his brain is still sharp enough to start attacks.

I'd take the fat arsed, water treading bastard back, but only at the right price. If Milner stays, Barry would work in a 5 man midfield only though, as Milner is clearly main man in that position and there's no way he's a holding midfielder in a 4-4-2.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just talking to somebody on FB who says Barry realises leaving us was a mistake and he would jump at the chance to rejoin. This person is very confident as they know Barry through associates. Would you take him?

I don't think he'd be good enough to get in our current team, so once we upgrade the midfield I definitely don't see where he would fit in.

Useful player to have in the squad. But he might as well be a useful player for Man City to have in their squad as they are paying him £60,000 per week more than we would be.

id swap him for petrov, they both no pace but GB would last the 90 minutes, but i can nver see him coming back due to the reaction he go for leaving.

and if what you have been told is true, then surely this would work in our favour as no doubt GB and Jimmy would have talked about the specualtion of him to city during the world cup.

like i said IF true, but also if he was for sale then city would want there money back and i dont think he's worth the 12 million anymore.

Was just talking to somebody on FB who says Barry realises leaving us was a mistake and he would jump at the chance to rejoin. This person is very confident as they know Barry through associates. Would you take him?

I don't think he'd be good enough to get in our current team, so once we upgrade the midfield I definitely don't see where he would fit in.

Useful player to have in the squad. But he might as well be a useful player for Man City to have in their squad as they are paying him £60,000 per week more than we would be.

id swap him for petrov

I wouldn't. In their last season together, one of the two won every club Player Of The Season award going. The other went to Manchester City.

Petrov is starting to falling into the category of 'needing to be upgraded' (as you rightly say, his stamina isn't as good as it once was). For the money that it would cost to make that upgrade Barry would not be a suitable option.

I would rather have Graham Dorrans - he has his whole career in front of him and has pace as well.

do you have to mention him in every post? we know you rate him!

west brom would want £10m imo and he's not proven at prem level

I disagree about Barry, we've had so many frustrating games this year where we've clearly been lacking the footballing brain of a player like Barry. Think Milner is the better player but the 2 of them with petrov holding would just be fantastic.

Nah Barry can piss off. He deserted us when we thought we needed him the most, now he apparently wants to come back to the club he left to win things because he is second fav up there?

I said last year that Barry would be in trouble after a year because City will build and build.

I would rather have Graham Dorrans - he has his whole career in front of him and has pace as well.

I guess I will if we're discussing CM'ers. I think he could be got for less than £10m.

But my point was also that I would prefer us to buy 22-25 year olds if we are spending decent money where possible and not paying big transfer fees for 29-30 year olds like Barry and Parker, not that I don't think they would both be good signings.

If we are signing any City midfielder to play in a 4-5-1 formation I want Ireland. Petrov holding, Milner leg work, and Ireland with the brain. Remember when he came on against us last season? He changed the game for City, he would be great at a team that appreciated his talents!

Ireland (or a player of the same mould) and a striker (Rodallega or similar) are the most important signings for us this summer I think. Those 2 players will give us so many options. I believe we will spend money and I am very confident of another good window.

I hate the lack of links but that is how MON works, remember when we signed Cuellar? No links, just signed.

Might have been mentioned before, but who does Annan play for? has looked very good in the world cup so far.

Rosenborg, as someone already pointed out. They are also willing to sell him for about 4,5 mill pounds. He's been saying many times that he hopes to have a good world cup so he can move on to bigger clubs.

He is excellent at cleaning up the area in front of the defence. He is not creative at all, has never scored a goal in the norwegian league. If he is used correctly and not expected to be creative in a team, he is very good. I know there are different opinions of him in Norway, but I would certainly like to see him at Villa.

Plus, he just signed a new feckin contract hasn't he?!?!

Sorry to rain on your parade but if you kept up with the news you'd know he's not looking to move at the moment!!!!

Plus, he just signed a new feckin contract hasn't he?!?!

Sorry to rain on your parade but if you kept up with the news you'd know he's not looking to move at the moment!!!!

he has indeed, I don't think he's good enough for us, at least not yet anyway