Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soldado will be at Atletico Madrid if Aguero jumps ship, or if Valencia can find some dosh he'll replace Villa.

No chance coming to us I'm afraid.

Who knows?

Can you really see MoN taking a punt on a foreign player? He does it every blue moon, and there isn't going to be another one.

Soldado will be at Atletico Madrid if Aguero jumps ship, or if Valencia can find some dosh he'll replace Villa.

Who knows?

Can you really see MoN taking a punt on a foreign player? He does it every blue moon, and there isn't going to be another one.

Not too sure. He obviously has a preference for Britsh based players, but I get the feeling that he may well look for that extra bit of class needed to enhance this team, regardless of their geographical roots.

if he does leave which i doubt he will, he will go to man u for about 30m

No-one's going to United for anything like that kind of money.

it seems to me that clubs dont bother putting official bids in unless theyre confident that the deal can be done......... now an official bid has gone in, Milner has gone !

I see we have been linked to Eidur Gudjohnsen on a season long loan. Oh dear is this where we are at now?

Depends if you choose to believe the link I guess.

I see us as being at this place - a club that as just finished 6th in the top flight for the third season in a row, something we haven't achieved in near enough a lifetime, also having just contested a final and semi final of two domestic cup competitions.

A club that have a player in our team being courted by other clubs for excess of 20 milion pound and being in a positon to refuse that offer. A club that also have one the most highly respected and sought after managers in the British game, arguably the most respected chairman in the British game who as again stated his desire to see the club progress further, a core group of players that can hold there own with most teams in one of the toughest leagues in the world and one of the best youth set ups in the English game. All in all I'd say we are at a pretty good place.

I'm certainly not going to pay a blind bit of notice to a link to Eidur Gudjohnson as to where we are at.

I see we have been linked to Eidur Gudjohnsen on a season long loan. Oh dear is this where we are at now?

Depends if you choose to believe the link I guess.

I see us as being at this place - a club that as just finished 6th in the top flight for the third season in a row, something we haven't achieved in near enough a lifetime, also having just contested a final and semi final of two domestic cup competitions.

A club that have a player in our team being courted by other clubs for excess of 20 milion pound and being in a positon to refuse that offer. A club that also have one the most highly respected and sought after managers in the British game, arguably the most respected chairman in the British game who as again stated his desire to see the club progress further, a core group of players that can hold there own with most teams in one of the toughest leagues in the world and one of the best youth set ups in the English game. All in all I'd say we are at a pretty good place.

I'm certainly not going to pay a blind bit of notice to a link to Eidur Gudjohnson as to where we are at.

Nicely put Mark! Bought a smile to my face as I ready myself for a stroll in the sunshine! Cheers!

Not see enough of N'Zonzi to comment tbh. Don`t really remember him against us if he played? Can`t have defended too well though.

He looks a big lad and won their player of the year so think there's a decent chance we could be in for him.

Big Sam said he's not quite there just yet but maybe worth a punt before he costs us a bit more next season.

Who knows?

Not too sure. He obviously has a preference for Britsh based players, but I get the feeling that he may well look for that extra bit of class needed to enhance this team, regardless of their geographical roots.

Maybe MON now feels he has the base of a solid side and is now ready to take more of a chance on a foreigner.

I would like to see us firm up an interest in bringing a player or three into the club. That would give us the chance to either bring players in before their price goes up following a Milner deal or make the signings that might persuade Milner to sign an improved contract with us.

I think we face the likes of Man Citeh and Spurs coming in for our best players (Milner & Young) in this window and looking to tempt us with their fringe players (Ireland, Keane or Bentley) and cash. That will make them better but will that help us?

The General confirmed that we are no longer a selling club a few weeks ago. We need to keep our best performers and if Martin decides a player is to be moved on (because say as was the case with Barry his head has been turned by a bid) then we should do an Everton and sell on our terms as they did with Lescott.

I look forward to hear news of a press conference to confirm a signing soon...

I would like to see us firm up an interest in bringing a player or three into the club. That would give us the chance to either bring players in before their price goes up following a Milner deal or make the signings that might persuade Milner to sign an improved contract with us.

I think we face the likes of Man Citeh and Spurs coming in for our best players (Milner & Young) in this window and looking to tempt us with their fringe players (Ireland, Keane or Bentley) and cash. That will make them better but will that help us?

The General confirmed that we are no longer a selling club a few weeks ago. We need to keep our best performers and if Martin decides a player is to be moved on (because say as was the case with Barry his head has been turned by a bid) then we should do an Everton and sell on our terms as they did with Lescott.

I look forward to hear news of a press conference to confirm a signing soon...

I dont think MON and R.Lerner are sat there twiddling there thumbs. They know what there doing. Its nice to get a signing or 2 and I hear what you say with Milner, but signing a few players now, means that we probably wont sign any later, and then (as other teams are signing other playerrs later on) wel be worried that weve rushed in and missed opportunites. Just got to be patient.

Eidur Gudjohnsen who played his part in Tottenham getting to 4th?

wages and being another attacker who doesnt score aside, he's got a cool head, you'd like to think that if we were 1-0 in a tight game with 10 minutes left MON would bring him on and see the game out, but i cant see MON bringing him on which IMO renders him pointless

plus its was in the sun and smells a good agent, if he played for 4th place last year and this year the 6th place in the prem want him, surely he must still be good? nice sales pitch