Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

SGC, I know you are a keen follower of the youth, but what is it about Nathan that makes you think he is going to be that good?

To me, and I have only seen a couple of reserve games and his first team appearances, he looks a decent prospect who may make it but nothing more and I am struggling to see what his real assets are i.e. he is not Gabby quick, he is not that strong, his passing is not exceptional, I haven't noticed anything special about his movement although he does seem to end up on the score sheet - a useful attribute!

Firstly, he is very quick, maybe not as quick as Gabby but he has a footballing brain which cannot be taught or developed, he's just born to play football, his movement is outstanding, his first touch is breathtaking, he can do things that no other player can do with a football, Paul Merson said when he was 14 that he will be the best striker in the world and I agree with him.

Gotta quote?

nope

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guaranteed? seeing as its the 1st time he'd ever scored over 20 last season i fail to see how its guaranteed, and id still argue all day long that bent doesnt do enough off the ball, thats why despite most of the top 10 needing a striker last summer he went to sunderland, and why he wont make our WC team

SGC, I know you are a keen follower of the youth, but what is it about Nathan that makes you think he is going to be that good?

To me, and I have only seen a couple of reserve games and his first team appearances, he looks a decent prospect who may make it but nothing more and I am struggling to see what his real assets are i.e. he is not Gabby quick, he is not that strong, his passing is not exceptional, I haven't noticed anything special about his movement although he does seem to end up on the score sheet - a useful attribute!

Firstly, he is very quick, maybe not as quick as Gabby but he has a footballing brain which cannot be taught or developed, he's just born to play football, his movement is outstanding, his first touch is breathtaking, he can do things that no other player can do with a football, Paul Merson said when he was 14 that he will be the best striker in the world and I agree with him.

Gotta quote?

nope

Either yourself or Merson were on the drink.

Gotta quote?

nope

Paul Merson also said Similar about the Moore Brothers !!

And as much as I hope youre right, if as you quote has outstanding movement coupled with a breathtaking first touch and is able to do things with a football that no other player can, dont you think he'd be able to at least get into our first team at knocking 20years old !!

Are you nursing a semi about this or something, it is ridiculous, i agree with you, he is good. But world class i think not, there is no way in which he can be regarded as world class potential as he has not yet done anything with any absolute quality. Yes, at 19 he has a had a good run in, but ask yourself this question, if MON truly deeply thought this guy could score 20 goals a season, why would he spite himself in such a great way?

For £3-4 million, could be one of the buys of the season in my opinion. As long as we buy another striker, I.e sell Carew and Heskey ....sign Fletcher and (top striker)

Fletcher is very clever, good on the ball, good touch, good infront of goal, scores different types of goals. Different striker to what we have now and also fairly young.

Barry's boots, I will just question one thing you say, when you say he isn't Gabby quick. I didn't think he was but he really is around that pace with better dribbling and better goal getting ability. Like I said, I think he'll be better than Gabby and around a 20 league goal striker but not world class, nowhere near it.

2009/10 was the first season that Rooney has got over 20 league and you say he's the best striker in the world and yet you say Delfouneso will be a 20 league goal striker but not world class, how does that work?

Because Rooney's game is so much more than that. His movement, touch, brain, work ethic, creativity was always up there with the best in the world. The only thing stopping Rooney from becoming the very best was the lack of goals, he's always been world class in every department apart from goals and now he's added that to his list therefore the total package. Delfouneso will be more of a Bent type player. Very good goalscorer but never world class.

A world class striker, in your opinion who scores 10-15 goals per season or Darren Bent who's guaranteed to score 20-25, I know which 1 I'd take

Bent has done it twice in his career.

carrick for a decent price?

Is that a random suggestion? I would like it, calm and experienced player.

I know probably 80% would disagree.

yup, just a random one - nothing to it other than the fact that united are likely to sell and stans legs wont last forever

could be nabbed for a song perhaps