Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foreign talent you say?

Alex Witsel, Steven Defour, Jelle Van Damme. Hell, just saying that name gives me goose bumps.

The same Jelle Van Damme that couldn't make the grade at a relegation-bound Southampton? Who, during a heated match called Oguchi Onyewu a "Dirty Ape"? I'd rather Jean-Claude personally, he seems like less of an utter clearing in the woods and I imagine he would get stuck in good and proper. :D

Defour's still crocked if memory serves, and if he does manage to recapture his form after injury I believe Alex Ferguson was courting him so I can't imagine we'd be in with a shout if we were interested.

I haven't seen enough (or indeed any) of Axel Witsel, but it seems he was involved in a stamping incident where he broke an opponents' leg... crikey, these Belgian players are a class act!

Hey, the man asked. I delivered 8)

Judging by what Randy said about "doing it a different way" I think these 6 top earners will go, and well replace them with more gametime for some of the better reserve lads ie: Clark, Albrighton, Lowry and maybe a couple of Bosman free transfers ie: Joe Ledley, Kris Boyd, Martin Petrov, Jermain Beckford etc... , and spend the transfer budget on one top quality signing ie: Robbie Keane or the like

spend the transfer budget on one top quality signing ie: Robbie Keane or the like

:shock:

I wouldn't pay more than £4-5 million for Keane. He's thirty in the summer, he's not really performed in over a year and he wouldn't start ahead of Gabby or Carew.

I'm a little worried on leavers and I'm increasingly convinced we'll see the countdown approach - one from the top and five small ones please - I just hope we then spend the money well.

I posted this on the Hugo Rogellega thread... it has more relevence here.

So how much to pry these strikers away from their current clubs? Will that sort out if we could possibly go for them or not?

- Doyle

- Rodellega

- Kalinic

- Bent?

- Bellamy?

- Anyone else remotely realistic I missed?

Boyd FREE

Fletcher £2m/£3m

Piquionne £3m/£4m

Doyle £8m/£9m

Kalinic £8m/£9m

Keane £8m/£9m

Cole £8m/£9m

Jones £9m/£10m

Bellamy £9m/£10m

Rodellaga £10m/£12m

Santa Cruz £15m

Pavlyuchenko £15m

Bent £20m +

They're my guesses. They're all realistic signings apart from Bent.

I'd personally prefer Santa Cruz, Rodellaga or Bellamy as a new striker and then one of Piquionne/ Fletcher as a backup.

If we buy from Spurs or Man City then I can see the values increasing slightly because they wont want to improve their rivals for cheap.

So how much to pry these strikers away from their current clubs? Will that sort out if we could possibly go for them or not?

- Doyle

- Rodellega

- Kalinic

- Bent?

- Bellamy?

Boyd FREE

Fletcher £2m/£3m

Piquionne £3m/£4m

Doyle £8m/£9m

Kalinic £8m/£9m

Keane £8m/£9m

Cole £8m/£9m

Jones £9m/£10m

Bellamy £9m/£10m

Rodellaga £10m/£12m

Santa Cruz £15m

Pavlyuchenko £15m

Bent £20m +

I'd personally prefer Santa Cruz, Rodellaga or Bellamy as a new striker and then one of Piquionne/ Fletcher as a backup.

If we buy from Spurs or Man City then I can see the values increasing slightly because they wont want to improve their rivals for cheap.

Boyd FREE --- Useless in this league, so slow

Fletcher £2m/£3m ---- Maybe as 4th/5th choice I guess

Piquionne £3m/£4m ---- Do you know he's 31? Just no.

Doyle £8m/£9m ----- Would be good but would cost more than that so I wouldn't pay it

Kalinic £8m/£9m ---- They paid £6 million or so, they'll keep him and make more next year if he is successful.

Keane £8m/£9m ----- Too much for him, is he finished? Worth a risk for £5 mill

Cole £8m/£9m ---- Would probably cost more than that, do we need a different type of striker?

Jones £9m/£10m ----- How is Jones worth more than Cole? Anyway. I don't rate him

Bellamy £9m/£10m ---- Also close to 31, that is too expensive, too much chance of injury, wages too high, will stay at City

Rodellaga £10m/£12m ---- Would be a gamble, could be good

Santa Cruz £15m ----- Too expensive for his age, no form for 2 seasons, too injury prone

Pavlyuchenko £15m --- Too expensive for him, will go to Russia or a big European club

Bent £20m + -- No Chance

This summer really needs to be the summer we look to Europe.

- Doyle

- Rodellega

- Kalinic

- Bent?

- Bellamy?

I would add Rickie Lambert onto that list gettable for between 3/5 Million

I'd actually quite like to see Whittingham re-signed.

Also

Ireland

and a striker... We need A Robbie Keane type player but about 8 years younger. Maybe someone like ... Vela from arsenal?

Off Topic but Blues have signed Ben Foster for £4.5m from Man Yoo.......... at least thats weakened them cos hes nowhere near as good as Hart

I don't hope MON waste any money on Keane or Doyle

they will just be new Heskeys

Better for us IMO. Don't really want Keane but he would be a better player for us than Heskey. I would welcome Doyle but he is not the goalscorer we need.

- Doyle

- Rodellega

- Kalinic

- Bent?

- Bellamy?

Boyd FREE

Fletcher £2m/£3m

Piquionne £3m/£4m

Doyle £8m/£9m

Kalinic £8m/£9m

Keane £8m/£9m

Cole £8m/£9m

Jones £9m/£10m

Bellamy £9m/£10m

Rodellaga £10m/£12m

Santa Cruz £15m

Pavlyuchenko £15m

Bent £20m +

Boyd FREE --- Useless in this league, so slow

Fletcher £2m/£3m ---- Maybe as 4th/5th choice I guess

Piquionne £3m/£4m ---- Do you know he's 31? Just no.

Doyle £8m/£9m ----- Would be good but would cost more than that so I wouldn't pay it

Kalinic £8m/£9m ---- They paid £6 million or so, they'll keep him and make more next year if he is successful.

Keane £8m/£9m ----- Too much for him, is he finished? Worth a risk for £5 mill

Cole £8m/£9m ---- Would probably cost more than that, do we need a different type of striker?

Jones £9m/£10m ----- How is Jones worth more than Cole? Anyway. I don't rate him

Bellamy £9m/£10m ---- Also close to 31, that is too expensive, too much chance of injury, wages too high, will stay at City

Rodellaga £10m/£12m ---- Would be a gamble, could be good

Santa Cruz £15m ----- Too expensive for his age, no form for 2 seasons, too injury prone

Pavlyuchenko £15m --- Too expensive for him, will go to Russia or a big European club

Bent £20m + -- No Chance

This summer really needs to be the summer we look to Europe.

I really do like the idea of Fletcher in our set up. If he was able to poach pretty well off of service from Jack Cork, imagine the damage he could do collecting crosses from Ashley. . .

Lambert = no from me, I saw him play twice this season and although he runs rings around that league, his pace (huge lack of) and need to have 5 chances for each goal would let him down in the prem.

A potential line of thought should be to try and purchase players for relegated teams (although, the counter argument could be that they aren't good enough, hence they have been relegated), so Pompy, Hull, Burnley.

It doesn't leave us with much to play with i admit, but you have players like

Fletcher (scored 10+ goals with service far from the quality of Young, Downing and Milner. Knows where the goal is, can score, has had a good season in a far from quality side)

KP Boateng (Attacking, pacey, loves to play football, young and could learn a lot under Milner. Use as an impact player for cup games and later on in PL games)

Hunt (Prob not CL material, so questionable wether he is worth the punt, but as a back up, could be very good. Definitely leaving Hull as well)

Then you have players that have been quality in the premiership and are either looking to move to bigger clubs or the clubs need to get rid to raise funds

N'Zogbia (Ahead of Downing IMHO. Much more comfortable of the right, allowing Young to play on the left. Quality left foot, wants to play)

Noble (Understudy to Parker, young, great vision, not the finished article, but a great future ahead)

However, it is all good and well buying new players to 'strengthen' the 'squad' in order to compete, but for me, rotation needs to happen. Spurs this season, and in someways, Man City, have had the mentality that if you have a poor couple of games, your on the bench, some takes your place, you have to win it back. That needs to happen here, a bit of competition is healthy, and players like Gabby and Young need the odd kick up the arse to show them that they haven't made it yet!

If MoN continues with the 4-4-2 i'd go with

Friedel

Young Cuellar Dunne Warnock

N'Zogbia Milner Petrov Young

Gabby Fletcher

Guzan

Clyne Davies Collins ??

Albrighton KPB NRC Downing

Delf Carew

Still leaves players like Noble, Delph, Clark, Heskey, Sidwell all competing for their places but ones that are very capable of playing in the 1st team when needed

Huntelaar and Carrick for me.

Huntelaar is still one of the best finishers in Europe if you can get him to settle. I think the prem will suit him.

Would be amazing if we signed these two, unfortunatly it's unlikely it will ever happen. Fergie signed Carrick for something like 16m, even at 28 he wouldn't let him go cheap. Huntelaar is even less likely.