Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

Well it seems the vast majority of England has gone for the Tories with the Scots proping up the Labour vote. I've had a quick scan at the electoral map this morning, has the SNP vote collapsed?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, the sooner we get some form of PR then the sooner

yeah good luck with that

It's not a labour policy (and nor was it until around 01:30 this morning once it became apparent they were being spanked ) and it's only the libs that proposed it and based on their bad showing last night I somehow don't see them carrying as much weight as they believed they would

Its hard to feel any satisfaction for anyone. You can dress this up all you like, but no one has the mandate they need to rule the country outright. I feel sorry for Clegg and more especially Cable, who I think are decent people and despite running a good campaign will surely come out losers. Cameron most be wondering how he didn’t win. For Brown it must be like waiting for the end, only to be offered a clink of hope, when surely he wanted to join his brother-in-arms, Blair on the gravy train of public speaking. People like Milliband must be disappointed that he might not get the job. Ashcroft is wondering what all the money went on. The UKIP guy must have a sore head. The BNP must realise they haven’t a hope.

Anyway none of this seems to help the country. The markets are up in turmoil, and the debt isn’t being dealt with.

as i predicted the lib dems flopped and no-one has faith in him, so im glad i didnt waste my vote on him.

brown did better than exepcted but still has flopped and despite being short this has been a huge number of seats won by cameron. i think he should be primeminster based on the results

i can see a lib dem-labour agreement on the basis of brown removed

Well it seems the vast majority of England has gone for the Tories with the Scots proping up the Labour vote. I've had a quick scan at the electoral map this morning, has the SNP vote collapsed?

In Scotland someone has just said that all seats have remained the same - the Tory party still have one MP.

This is a UK election and despite the wishes of some that includes inner cities, Scotland, Wales and N.I.

I'm sure that the South East centric bias will become very evident soon

If it wasnt for the ashcroft millions the tories wouldnt have made 260 seats.

Why, did he bribe the voters?

No, the press :P

Journo's have more than one vote each now? :winkold:

Looking at the projected figures a Lab / Lib coalition would only give them 315 .. so in theory couldn't Cameron table a motion of no confidence in Brown first day back at the HOC ?

It stands a pretty good chance of passing ..after all Milliband and Johnson will vote with the Tories on it if he does :winkold:

If it wasnt for the ashcroft millions the tories wouldnt have made 260 seats.

Why, did he bribe the voters?

No, the press :P

Journo's have more than one vote each now? :winkold:

The editor of the Sun seems to :lol:

Looking at the projected figures a Lab / Lib coalition would only give them 315 .. so in theory couldn't Cameron table a motion of no confidence in Brown first day back at the HOC ?

It stands a pretty good chance of passing ..after all Milliband and Johnson will vote with the Tories on it if he does :winkold:

There must be another election unless Brown can rustle up the support.

Especially considering those who couldnt vote.

The precedent that was set by Heath before mean that we typically will sort all of this over the weekend - its the cattle market now.

There has to be a few days of negotiations and debate.

I still would not be surprised to see Camoron at number 10 but without the mandate and support that he and his followers were desperate for

But work calls - I wonder who will be PM when I get back? who knows but I am certain that VT will still be having the same discussion

Guest Ricardomeister

yeah good luck with that

It's not a labour policy (and nor was it until around 01:30 this morning once it became apparent they were being spanked ) and it's only the libs that proposed it and based on their bad showing last night I somehow don't see them carrying as much weight as they believed they would

None of that changes what I have said. PR is far more democratic than the current system.

In Scotland someone has just said that all seats have remained the same - the Tory party still have one MP.

This is a UK election and despite the wishes of some that includes inner cities, Scotland, Wales and N.I.

I'm sure that the South East centric bias will become very evident soon

Funny because the map look far from SE centric for the Tories, most of England is blue with some labour enclaves in the north.

Labour are obviously going to try and hang on so it's now all on Clegg who said prior to the vote that the largest party should have first go at forming a coalition. With Labour bound to dangle a PR referendum and the Tories not, will he stick to that I wonder?

yeah good luck with that

Spanked, I don't see that really. "Call me Dave" stated the UK wanted change and he would deliver a knock out blow to Labour, if that's the Tory definition of a knock out blow then god help all of us, it's more of a limp wristed stroke of the face which kind of sums the party up as a whole I think.

I wonder who will be PM when I get back?

wonder if my all 3 party leaders being out of job prediction could still come true ?

None of that changes what I have said. PR is far more democratic than the current system.

What about AV that labour have in their manifesto ? I think it mirrors what takes place in the London mayor election ?

Would that have given a different result last night ? and would that system be fairer for all concerned (public / MP's) ?

yeah good luck with that

Spanked, I don't see that really. "Call me Dave" stated the UK wanted change and he would deliver a knock out blow to Labour, if that's the Tory definition of a knock out blow then god help all of us, it's more of a limp wristed stroke of the face which kind of sums the party up as a whole I think.

Labour has lost 85 seats, 6.5% of the vote and trail the popular vote by over two million. It’s a little more than a tickling.