Jez

Lukaku to Everton 5 year deal  , they played the loan market well last season pushing them up league increased prize money now able to spend.

How much are they paying? I thought Chelsea wanted £30m.

will be interesting to see lukaku after the WC, he was shite IMO

origi to liverpool and then straight back to lille on loan is done, absolute bollocks thats allowed to happen

griezmann to atletico is done

What's your objection to this?

He was injured IIRC. Hurt his ankle in a warm up game then he didn't train until a few days before the first game but because of Benteke's absence and Origi's inexperience he played anyway.

origi to liverpool and then straight back to lille on loan is done, absolute bollocks thats allowed to happen

buying a player for £10m that you have no intention of playing? shouldn't be allowed, what chelsea did with lukaku and courtois is bad enough

• Like 1

buying a player for £10m that you have no intention of playing? shouldn't be allowed, what chelsea did with lukaku and courtois is bad enough

In fairness, Rodgers wanted him now, it was Lille's insistence on the loan that resulted in him staying in France for another year.

Well thats £25mil Everton are spending so £29mil so far this Window.Sunderland offered £14mil for Borni ..so I think we are seeing more movement now and will now be interesting to see what we do actually have to spend in comparison with other teams...

Well thats £25mil Everton are spending so £29mil so far this Window.Sunderland offered £14mil for Borni ..so I think we are seeing more movement now and will now be interesting to see what we do actually have to spend in comparison with other teams...

we've got £40m worth of bomb squad coming back...

the stand still figure is probably about £20m, you missed off Hull who have spent in January and this summer

Lukaku never scored for Chelsea. Never was really even given a proper chance in my opinion.

Didn't need to be they brought him , loaned him out now selling for a profit.Not the only player they have done this with.

Levy is classed as a good salesman but Chelsea are the masters for me , 75mil for Lukau and Luiz thats pretty good going

Lukaku never scored for Chelsea. Never was really even given a proper chance in my opinion.

Didn't need to be they brought him , loaned him out now selling for a profit.Not the only player they have done this with.

Levy is classed as a good salesman but Chelsea are the masters for me , 75mil for Lukau and Luiz thats pretty good going

Chelsea have improved massively in recent years in making a profit from transfers.

Just got lucky the market has inflated like **** because of the TV deal.

£32m for Sheva, £50m for Torres. Piazon £10m, Marin £8mm Moses £9m, Meireles £15m, Benayoun £5m, Zhirkov £18m, Bosingwa £16m, Mikel £16m, SWP £21m.

Letting Matic, Sturridge go for peanuts.

The 5 million they made probably went into his wages if not more.

£25,000,000. But Everton have no money and have always scrimped and scraped, of course.

Everton supporter with a strong affection for Villa here in peace.

Let me just share that the last time Everton received funds that weren't loans, prize/TV money, gate receipts or otherwise commercially earned by the club was from our previous owner, a certain Peter Johnson, in the year of 1996. Most of these funds were paid back a year later.

Everton have made a profit and substantially reduced debt in the 12/13 season, which combined with Europa League football, prize- and TV money and an overall very improved commercial performance finally have given us room to buy (and pay) a player like Lukaku. I'm guessing our net transfer and salary spend over the last 10 seasons will be one of the lowest in the PL for teams who played 10 seasons.

A lot of this is down to having Moyes and Martinez as managers - the board hasn't coughed up a penny, and the commercial running of the club has only recently improved from amateurish to acceptable.

Let me add that from the ca. 10 message boards that I read frequently, on avarage the discussions and the knowledge on this board is the best.

Thanks, and all the best for 14/15 to Villa and all Villans

/Andy

I'm not saying it is a bad thing at all, in fact your club is ran tremendously well. My point is more aimed towards the media, who often make an apparent point of Everton having no money or being a 'poor' club.

Edited by samjp26

I personally think Everton have spent way too much for Lukaku but they probably figured it's unlikely they could attract another proven goalscorer in this league. Especially one that young.

Martinez see's the player weak in weak out so I guess really rates him. Jose clearly doesn't.