Jez

Saggy chops is stuck really, I think at the age of 65? He hasn't got it in him to rebuild a club that's in such a state on the field, and get them up in the 2 years they probably need to do to help the finances, nor does he want his image (such as it is between his chums, harry houdini an all that) ruined by failing on what could probably be his last job as a manager.

Also saw David bentley released, sad waste of talent or was that season at blackburn just a freak season

Saggy chops is stuck really, I think at the age of 65? He hasn't got it in him to rebuild a club that's in such a state on the field, and get them up in the 2 years they probably need to do to help the finances, nor does he want his image (such as it is between his chums, harry houdini an all that) ruined by failing on what could probably be his last job as a manager.

In such a state largely due to himself...

To be fair Hughes had already done that before he came in, it wasn't entirely his fault.

That said he did exacerbate the financial situation with high-wage signings like samba and remy

To be fair Hughes had already done that before he came in, it wasn't entirely his fault.

That said he did exacerbate the financial situation with high-wage signings like samba and remy

That's really what I was getting at. The money he subsequently spent should've been sufficient for QPR to at least attempt to stay in the PL, but they went down without a whimper.

The meejah will always blame Hughes and not ball bag face for their demise, despite 'Arry being in charge for a good chunk of the season.

Utter word removed!

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

There's only room in that Chelsea team for two of Mata, Oscar and Hazard. Only thing I can think of is that Mourinho already knows he wants Oscar and Hazard, and so it's best to move Mata on before he starts kicking off about lack of games, and while his value is premium.

I'd personally keep Mata but if Mourinho wants a younger team, and maybe has plans to bring in someone like Ozil, then you can't keep Mata on the bench all the time.