Jez

The only thing Liverpool can offer is Europa League, nothing more. Surely Benteke has more ambition than that?

Liverpool aren't in it. It's Spurs. Swansea and Wigan.

Ahh ok, of course.. See, they can't even offer him that..

No chance Benteke is going to Liverpool, absolutely none.

Sunderland to sign Modibo Diakite. A player that we should have been looking at ...

They signed him for free, also Liverpool have signed Kolo Toure for free. Toure's wages are probably to much for us, but either of these players could have improved our defence.

Sunderland to sign Modibo Diakite. A player that we should have been looking at ...

They signed him for free, also Liverpool have signed Kolo Toure for free. Toure's wages are probably to much for us, but either of these players could have improved our defence.

I like this logic.

We probably can't afford Messi and other clubs would offer him more, but he could improve our attack.

Stekelenburg to Fulham?! If they can attract players like him, why can't we?

SW6

RgzMCCT.jpg

B6

wfrscvv.jpg

Fulham is a particularly nice part of one of the world's genuinely great cities.   Aston is an industrial estate with a high crime rate.  People are sick of hearing "London" as the answer as to why clubs from the capital can sign players out of the reach of similarly sized clubs from the provinces.  Much as I love Birmingham, if I were a footballer coming from overseas then I wouldn't chose to live there over London. 

nor me, in my mind he's a pretty inflexible pacey  get to the line right winger rather in comparison to what id call a modern winger who pops up here there and everywhere and interchanges with the left winger

for example i can see the attacking midfield 3 of silva - isco - navas, its not exactly poor but at the same time it doesnt have that flexibility because navas isnt of the same mould, it wont work in the same way as chelsea's 3

SW6

Fulham is a particularly nice part of one of the world's genuinely great cities.   Aston is an industrial estate with a high crime rate.  People are sick of hearing "London" as the answer as to why clubs from the capital can sign players out of the reach of similarly sized clubs from the provinces.  Much as I love Birmingham, if I were a footballer coming from overseas then I wouldn't chose to live there over London. 

I doubt any Villa player since the 1970s has lived anywhere near the ground (there used to be some player's houses along the Tyburn Road but they have long since gone).

Most Villa players these days live in leafy Warwickshire. Some may have a crash pad in the city centre.

SW6

I doubt any Villa player since the 1970s has lived anywhere near the ground (there used to be some player's houses along the Tyburn Road but they have long since gone).

Most Villa players these days live in leafy Warwickshire. Some may have a crash pad in the city centre.

I was being irreverent for effect, largely because Aston and Fulham have similar post codes.   I know most Villa players tend to live towards Sutton because it is very nice up there and it's handy for Bodymoor.    I just don't think it is possible to understate how big a draw London is for foreign players, and Fulham really is a nice part of London as is Richmond where their training ground is. 

Absolutely yes, but Liverpool and both of the Manchester clubs offer huge wages and have far more pulling power than we do.   We are a mid table club who flirt with relegation and we can't be deluded that we have some amazing reputation that people would want to play for us simply because we are Aston Villa. 

Oh agree on that. With the premier league beamed all over the globe now at least our profile has been raised, not sure if in a good way. That 0-8 will stick in the minds of the Chinese, Malaysians etc. they must have been sat there watching that thinking WTF !

I like this logic.

We probably can't afford Messi and other clubs would offer him more, but he could improve our attack.

Richard Dunne's wages are to much for us but we signed him.