Jez

Di Maria will flourish imo. A very hard working winger with the ability to back it up, a trait Mourinho has to have. Hence why he signed him over David Silva who is more of a luxury player. I think it'd be harsh to judge Di Maria on the World Cup, Maradona had very little tactical structure meaning Di Maria was used a defensive winger.

Mourinho's signings (if they are indeed Mourinho's) dont seem to fit with the Galacticos (round 2) project that Perez went on about last year. Ive not seen an immense amount of him, but for me, Di Maria was one of the worst players at the world cup.

Di Maria was class in the world cup, apart from one game where the Germans were immense he was top quality.

Madrid appear to be focusing heavily on signing highly rated players that still have a bit more to grow into. Not quite prospects (they already are performing to a high level at current clubs/national sides in the case of Di Maria and Khedira) but with the ability to still go a bit further.

Not a bad tactic if you've got the moolah to pursue it.

Well Boruc has completed his move to Fiorentina now. Soccernet say it is to provide competition for places with Frey. We'll see. I can't imagine a keeper of Boruc's standing moving to be a substitute at a non-CL club. He may do. But it doesn't quite fit for me.

Khedira for £10m is a brilliant bit of business if they get him for that much, was really impressed with him at the WC.

That said, i still wouldn't want him here as he reminds me of Milan Baros

* shudders *

How much is the fee for Arteta being reported as then ?

Khedira for £10m is a brilliant bit of business if they get him for that much, was really impressed with him at the WC.

Overrated IMO, made to look good because Schweinsteiger was so outstanding beside him.

Not to mention Özil alongside him too. Anyway, it was €10m not £10m so it has to be some good business if they can shift some of their other defensive midfielders out for similar wonga. And I reckon there are bargains to be had.

Mourinho mustn't fancy Lassana Diarra then. You'll probably find that some good players with shit attitudes will be sent packing. There's more to a winning squad than ability. Mourinho knows this.

Wasnt Mourinho his Chelsea manager when he went sulking to Arsenal

Mourinho mustn't fancy Lassana Diarra then. You'll probably find that some good players with shit attitudes will be sent packing. There's more to a winning squad than ability. Mourinho knows this.

He didn't particularly fancy him at Chelsea. I think he will be off to Italy this summer.

Ali Habsi off to Wigan.

Mourinho's signings (if they are indeed Mourinho's) dont seem to fit with the Galacticos (round 2) project that Perez went on about last year. Ive not seen an immense amount of him, but for me, Di Maria was one of the worst players at the world cup.

Di Maria was class in the world cup, apart from one game where the Germans were immense he was top quality.

Must av missed that. probably played half decent. Top quality - err no

Overrated IMO, made to look good because Schweinsteiger was so outstanding beside him.

Schweinsteiger was very dynamic but i thought Khedira did all the simple things very well and rarely gave the ball away.

I must admit, I didnt expect Real to go for him but £10m is peanuts for a 6ft 2, 23 year old with his potential. A player like him could end up being quite important for a team like Real with all their " Galacticos ".