Jez

I genuinely do. I think he'd could do a job at Blackburn, Fulham, Birmingham (whom he rejected the chance to sign for, sensible lad :D), Stoke, Bolton or Sunderland. As for the likes of ourselves or Everton, he'd have to be content to warm the bench at best.

More amusing than of any relevant interest:

New signing must do bird before playing

Bradford City’s new signing has incurred the wrath of his manager after failing to inform him of a court case which led to 12-week prison sentence, making him unavailable for the start of the season.

Bantams manager, one time England boss Peter Taylor, was shocked to discover that Jake Speight, £25,000 signing from Mansfield just two weeks ago, has been jailed for assault.

He is likely to be released after just half of his 12-week sentence however, and Bradford will not be paying the 24-year-old during his time behind bars.

The incident occurred in February and Speight and his agent failed to inform either Bradford or Mansfield of the impending court case.

But despite his evident shock of losing Speight so soon into his Bradford career, Taylor showed some sympathy towards his forward.

“I’m very disappointed, obviously, because we were totally unaware this was happening,” said the former Leicester City manager.

“They should have warned me but, to be fair to Jake, his desire to play for Bradford was so strong that he felt he might mess his chances up.

“He thought he would get a warning and the outcome has been a nightmare for him.

“I should have been told but I do understand a little bit why I wasn’t.”

i agree, although i have only seen Bradley play 10-15 times i dont see anything in him that says he is good enough for the Premiership. Yes he runs around alot but why buy him just because of that ?
sound like Stephen Hunt to me if running around is all he does..

i agree, although i have only seen Bradley play 10-15 times i dont see anything in him that says he is good enough for the Premiership. Yes he runs around alot but why buy him just because of that ?

I'm not saying we should buy him, but a lesser team would benefit from his purchase. Not that I actually want him to go anywhere, I'd much rather he stays at Borussia-Park.

Surely if the world cup has taught Fabregas one thing, then Barca is not a good move for him at this moment in time.

He's a douche if he goes this season.

He made the critical pass to win Spain the World Cup. He would immediately be a fan favourite there. With Villa likely to start up top on his own Fabregas could well make the starting line up, with Pedro making way for him. If Barcelona played 4-4-2 I think he'd be mad because Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets are close to irreplaceable, but with a 4-5-1/4-3-3 I can see them accommodating Fabregas.

Can Someone remind me, does Keita start the most important games for Barca? Assuming that Iniesta is employed in the front 3 rather than in the midfield. Maybe Fabregas could take his place, although i accept they are completely different players.

I think Iniesta will be dropped deeper because Fabregas scores more goals, he would be more effective in the front three. Although Fabregas is better at breaking up play (marginally in fariness)

Keita doesn't play much and when he does it's usually alongside Xavi in the midfield two.

It's hard to explain Barcas tactics because they never really stick to one position.

I predict something akin to

---------------------Valdes-------------------------

Alves---------Pique---------Puyol---------Maxwell

---------------------Busquets---------------------

-------------Xavi----------------Iniesta---------

---------------Messi----------Fabregas---------

------------------------Villa--------------------

It's strangely predictable in a way. I'm more interested to see what Mourinho does at Real Madrid.

I'm going to madly speculate and predict this team next year.

---------------------------Casillas-----------------------------

Maicon------------Ramos------------Pepe------------Cole

--------------------Alonso-----------Diarra----------------

Ronaldo---------------------Kaka----------------Di Maria

-------------------------------Higuain-----------------------

Ramos at centreback you say? We shall see ;)

Barca are going to play the narrowest football in existence if they buy Fabregas.

Looks like you agree. And so do I. :P

You don't win anything by playing narrow football though. Just look at the Spanish National side. Hopeless.

Barca are going to play the narrowest football in existence if they buy Fabregas.

Looks like you agree. And so do I. :P

You don't win anything by playing narrow football though. Just look at the Spanish National side. Hopeless.

It is likely Iniesta will play further forward coming in from the left while Messi coming in from the right. Although both of em mainly free roles.

I actually see something more like

-------------- Valdes -------------

Alves -- Pique -- Puyol -- Maxwell

--------------- Busquets ------

---Fabregas------Xavi------- Iniesta

---------Messi ------------Villa-------

With one of those midfield 3 (mostly Iniesta and Fabregas) pushing up to be almost centre forward. Villa has shown this WC he is probably most effective coming in from the left touchline and Messi from the right.

Thats the only way I can see them accommodating Fabregas - and that loses Pedro from the team. (oh, and Ibrahimovic obviously)

A 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 formation.

Valdes

Alves

Pique

Puyol

Maxwell

Busquets

Fabregas

Xavi

Iniesta

Messi

Villa

?

If Fabregas goes he will be a sub as Villa will play on the left like he did in this tournament and Zlatan will stay up front with Busquets, Iniesta and Xavi in midfield.

Barca will never move from 4-3-3 its in their blood as all youth teams play same system.

As for Real Madrid they have abandoned Maicon as Ramos will play right back

If Fabregas goes he will be a sub as Villa will play on the left like he did in this tournament and Zlatan will stay up front with Busquets, Iniesta and Xavi in midfield.

Barca will never move from 4-3-3 its in their blood as all youth teams play same system.

Why not Iniesta left, Messi right, Villa upfront.

:?

Pretty sure that's how Spain sorta lined up apart Pedro in for Messi.

It doesn't really matter how they line up as they'll all be floating about anyway!

Still be narrow as balls though, Spain can get away with it (just) but against Mourinhos Madrid who'll no doubt pile down the flanks with Ronaldo and Di Maria they'll be taken apart.

I expect Madrid to buy a better destroyer to partner Alonso though, or maybe he'll do something completely different...

something_completely_different.jpg

--------------------------Casillas-------------------------------

---------------Ramos-----Albiol----------Pepe------------------

Maicon----------------------------------------------------Arbeloa

--------------------------Alonso----------------------------------

---------------Kaka------------------Di Maria--------------

---------------------------Higuain----------------------Ronaldo---

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ah, the legendary "Tower Of Pisa" formation. :thumb:

:lol:

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ah, the legendary "Tower Of Pisa" formation. :thumb:

:lol:

Almost zona mista ;)

Why not Iniesta left, Messi right, Villa upfront.

:?

Pretty sure that's how Spain sorta lined up apart Pedro in for Messi.

Iniesta is more effective and visionary in centre midfield and Villa is more effective coming from left.

Where does Pedro fit it. He got 24 goals last year and deserves to play most weeks