Jez

anyone heard of this boselli wigan have signed? £6m argie striker, not sure how he got a work permit

he has Italian roots.

Carson Yeung tried to sign him in January but McLeish vetoed the move

Di Maria signs for Real

The 22-year-old has signed a six-year contract at the Bernabeu and moves for a reported fee of €25million (£20.3million).

Di Maria had been linked to a number of top European clubs after catching the eye for Portuguese outfit Benfica in the Europa League last season.

But Los Merengues have snapped him up and he becomes new manager Jose Mourinho's first signing since taking charge in the Spanish capital.

A statement on the club's official website said: "Real Madrid and Benfica have reached an agreement for the transfer of Angel di Maria.

"The player will sign a six-year contract with Real Madrid."

Di Maria is currently playing in the World Cup with Argentina, who have reached the quarter-finals of the competition.

The exciting flair player switched to Benfica in 2007 after moving from hometown club Rosario Central.

He is expected to be the first of a number of signings for Real this summer as Mourinho looks to make his mark on the team.

This could approach 36M €.

anyone heard of this boselli wigan have signed? £6m argie striker, not sure how he got a work permit

Mauro Boselli didn't make the grade at Boca, but he was a big part (alongside Verón) of Estudiantes' recent success and Copa Libertadores win. Top scorer in last season's Clausura as well. It's a heck of a step up, straight from the Argentinian league to the Premiership but personally I think it's a very shrewd move on Wigan's part.

Will be interesting to see if the intention is for Boselli to form a partnership with Rodallega, or act as his replacement.

Any update on this as I had a drunken bet with a toffee today, VT ITK, that he would be gone before September (I hope his child recovers).

He's been tapped up from what I hear but Everton are still hopeful of persuading him to stay. Everton said it's nothing to do with his kid.

Kjaer and Cavani look like they're on the way to Spuds:

Palermo have accepted Tottenham's £28million double bid for Simon Kjaer and Edinson Cavani.

A host of clubs have been linked with the highly-rated pair with Palermo resigned to losing the star duo this summer.

The likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Inter Milan have been credited with an interest in Danish international Kjaer, while City and Wolfsburg are thought to be keen on Cavani.

However, Tottenham are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by making a double bid for both players.

Zamparini claims Spurs have tabled a bid of €35million (£28million) for Kjaer and Cavani and that the offer was too good to turn down.

"Tottenham have bid €35million, an offer we cannot refuse, seeing as the two players have both said they want to leave," Zamparini told Sky Italia television.

"We will reinvest the money for these players," said Zamparini. "The midfield is my biggest concern, whereas in defence and attack we are fairly covered."

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is keen to bolster his squad as he prepares for the Champions League next season and landing Kjaer and Cavani would be a major coup for the White Hart Lane outfit.

Click

More central defenders.

Bassong, King, Kaboul, Dawson, Woodgate, Kjaer now.

Obviously Woodgate and King suffer injury problems, but still.....

Cavani as well surely signals the end for Robbie Keane?

Crouch, Defoe won't be sold. Aren't they still trying to go for Gudjohnson too?

More central defenders.

Bassong, King, Kaboul, Dawson, Woodgate, Kjaer now.

Obviously Woodgate and King suffer injury problems, but still.....

Cavani as well surely signals the end for Robbie Keane?

Crouch, Defoe won't be sold. Aren't they still trying to go for Gudjohnson too?

Spurs have denied it..

Link

citeh sign silva no suprise there. yaya toure coming soon too apparently.

how many players do they have? i think we should be looking into singing some of their players. ireland and maybe even swp would be worth a punt