Jez

Qatar investors have taken over 70% shares of PSG..

Owner of Paris Saint-Germain in 2006, the U.S. investment fund Colony Capital announced Tuesday that the Qatari fund QSI was now 70% shareholder of the Paris club, Colony retaining 30% of the shares.

With this acquisition, a budget transfer of 50 million euro is expected for the next summer transfer window.

http://tinyurl.com/3sor2m4

Full article here.. PSG are going places..

Interesting. As a Marseille fan, I hope the Qataris **** them up big style, although I'm not that optimistic! They've always had a few decent players though, but in-spite of that it's been a long time since they mounted a credible title challenge.

yep and pellegrini as the manager as well as some potentially good players such as camacho (on loan) edu ramos, rondon, asenjo (loan)

but they have a fairly rubbish stadium averaging 24k people in a city with 500k people in it and is mainly for tourism, they dont have alot of history and they are arguably close enough to the seville to lose fans to sevilla/betis as well as real madrid (theres a supporters bar in the town i stayed at) the general interest in the peace cup suggested to me they are a pretty small club and it will take years for this money to change that

You want to see MON do well?! :shock:
I want to see Forest do well. Other than Villa doing well, Forest would be right up there in my wishlist. If it's him that achieves it for them then so be it. I'm also a bit of a romantic when it comes to football, so I can't deny that MON going back to Forest to bring back their good times wouldn't put a smile on my face. See, there are limits to my hatred :)

and they are arguably close enough to the seville to lose fans to sevilla/betis

There is 100 miles between Seville & Malaga, and that's as the crow flies. I can't imagine they would lose any fans to Seville or Betis, even acknowledging the fact that Betis have been promoted for next season.

There is 100 miles between Seville & Malaga, and that's as the crow flies. I can't imagine they would lose any fans to Seville or Betis, even acknowledging the fact that Betis have been promoted for next season.

in the same way that you wouldnt expect villa to lose fans to london or manchester/liverpool clubs but we do

the point i was trying to make is that can you think of a big european club that can only attract 25k people to matches? monaco as an exception maybe, but i cant see how far this guy intends to take malaga, they dont have the catchment area, the nearest towns are either holiday centres or places that are equal distance to seville, or even the shitter teams cadiz and almeria

i just think they are going to fail, europa league team tops

in the same way that you wouldnt expect villa to lose fans to london or manchester/liverpool clubs but we do

the point i was trying to make is that can you think of a big european club that can only attract 25k people to matches? monaco as an exception maybe, but i cant see how far this guy intends to take malaga, they dont have the catchment area, the nearest towns are either holiday centres or places that are equal distance to seville, or even the shitter teams cadiz and almeria

i just think they are going to fail, europa league team tops

I only meant losing fans going through their turnstyle. I don't doubt they might lose the odd floating couch supporter to Betis now that they're promoted. I just can't see a fan going 100 miles in the other direction to support someone else. In the same way that I doubt Villa's attendance is affected at all even if a couch supporter switches allegiance from the comfort of his ... eh, couch :)

Samba and Vermaalen will be a good defense next year.

If they sign a good goalkeeper now then they'll finally have done what everyone's been saying Arsene Wenger needs to do for about 5 years now.

I think Samba is probably the second best value signing in the league given what Blackburn paid and the service they've got, after Jaaskelainen. Ver ygood defender.

The perfect signing for Arsenal but not the most crucial one.

Probably still need a GK and defensive midfielder. And a striker.

Basically a new spine really! :lol:

Yep Samba will go between £6-8 mill i understand. Which was the price mooted when we were close to getting him in January wasnt it?

Arsenal also have a great looking centre back on loan at Rangers, Kyle Bartley. Is only 18 i think, has the physique and has been great when he has played for Rangers.

I think we will see a different summer spending spree than we are used to from Wenger. I think Fabregas will go for about the 40mill mark, and Arshavin will go back to Russia.

That ontop of the existing kitty they must have gives them the money to do what they want this summer window. I think they are going to sign a top clas midfielder, a top class striker of the Benzema ilk, and then the usual smattering of Wengers unknown gems plucked from nowhere.

I think he realises he needs to strengthen the spine of the time and beef the squad up physically. Theres an interesting interview he has given recently where he says just that.

I think the Samba deal if true backs that up. Wouldnt be surprised to see them go for Parker either if they could get him under 10 mill. (Arse have close relations with West Ham and wouldnt surprise me to see them through them a loan signing or two to sweeten the deal).

I can see them challenging properly for the title this coming season. They need to sort the Nasri situation out though.

I think this end of season collapse more than the others will shock Wenger into action. To go from challanging for 4 trophys to finishing 4th and winning nothing after he said this was the year the team was supposed to come of age, I think he will make changes.

seen on bbc sport than notts county have offered Marlon Harewood an 2 year contract.

Think he's a bit better than that and will score golas in Championship. I'm surprised Blackpool let him go and brought in Beattie.