Jez

super mario isn't too far wrong. they aren't better than Barca, no one is, but they aren't half bad either.

----------------Silva-----------------

--Ballotelli-----Dzeko----Tevez----

With Toure/De Jong sitting, that's as good as any. I'd go as far to say that it would be better suited to this league than Barcelona's.

shame he followed up the comment about how good city are with "i'll be back in milan within 2 years" just what you want to hear!

as for pienaar despite expecting to hear otherwise it cant be for anything other than for money, unless lennon is being dropped or even more unlikely bale is going back to left back i cant see him playing, he's not knocking modric or VDV out of the team because they are better, he wont knock palacios / huddlestone out of the team because it makes them lightweight at a stretch he'll keep krancjar off the bench, just waiting for arry to say nikos a smashing lad who still has a future there

"Our attack of Balotelli-Tevez-Dzeko is the best in the world," he said on Tuesday. "We are the strongest. Better even than Barcelona and Real Madrid."

Balotelli....there's also some other stuff he says about how United fans want him there etc....I don't like him.

Na I love him. I think it's brilliant fun :lol:

He's kind of like a WWE wrestler or something :D

must be something rotten at Chelsea if he turned them down as he would have got more games there

Not just about games though is it. One club is progressing, showing ambition, talking of wanting to try and win a title, talking of a brand new massive ground to give them the finances to compete and constantly looking to improve and invest in the squad under a well supported manager. That team isn't Chelsea.

Chelsea are an ageing side propped up by a few stars like Cech, Terry, Lampard and Drogba all of whom have either reached or passed their peaks. They have a manager who appears to be a bit of a dead man walking, an owner who no longer invests in the way he once did and gets far too involved in team matters. Oh and at the moment there in danger of slipping out the top 4 and the CL unless they sort their form out.

I've got to be honest, given the choice of the two clubs had I been him I think I would have made the same decision. Especially as it seems like only one of the two managers was trying to make the signing...

i like balotelli, if his comments in bizarre where he slaps down the big brother winning trollop are to be believed, he seems kind of cocky and brash without being gobby, he speaks well and in a strange manner, seems almost educated for a footballer

Chelsea are now being heavily linked with a £25m move for david luiz, sums up their problmes IMO, they dont need a £25m CB they need 3-4 good £6-8m players to provide competition for the 1st team

Balotelli's a word removed.

Downing-Bent-Young-Albrighton is far better. ;)

Seriously though - Arsenal have a far better attack. Citeh's attack is so great they had ZERO shots on target in their game at Arsenal.

Ian Holloway attacks Liverpool’s £4.5m bid for Blackpool captain Charlie Adam

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway has launched an outspoken attack on Liverpool, claiming the club’s £4.5 million bid for Scotland midfielder Charlie Adam was “disgraceful”.

Double it: Ian Holloway says Liverpool's £4.5m offer for Charlie Adam is too low Photo: ACTION IMAGES

By Telegraph staff and agencies 11:21PM GMT 22 Jan 2011

Holloway confirmed Liverpool caretaker manager Kenny Dalglish wants to sign Adam, who has enjoyed a fine season and scored from the penalty spot in his side’s 2-1 defeat against Sunderland yesterday.

But Holloway was unimpressed with Liverpool’s offer, having also rejected bids of the same amount from Aston Villa and Birmingham.

“I was thinking Liverpool and Charlie,” he said. “I thought: 'Fantastic, what a great club for him to go to’. Then when I heard the bid I thought it was disgraceful.

“I don’t think it was Kenny that put that offer in. Mr (Damien) Comolli (Liverpool’s director of football strategy) should look at what is going on and get realistic.

“What they offered is about the price Charlie would have been worth when Kenny was last playing.

“Is it a destabilising tactic from the three clubs, Birmingham, Aston Villa and now Liverpool? I don’t know. Maybe I am the only one who can see what his value might be.

“They had better start by putting a figure one in front of the complete rubbish they have been offering so far.”

Meanwhile, Rafael Benítez has rejected suggestions that Liverpool’s struggles are partly down to his management.

The Anfield club endured a poor season last year as they finished a lowly seventh under Benítez, before the Spaniard departed and was replaced by Roy Hodgson.

Liverpool’s fortunes have plummeted even further since then, but Benítez has refused to accept full responsibility.

“We know we made some mistakes,” he told the BBC. “But I think the team is good, the problem may be the mentality. So I think Kenny can change these things and will hopefully be good for the team.

“But the other thing is that Christian Purslow [the former managing director] and Hodgson, they signed seven players. Seven players is enough to change a squad. It’s not my fault, sorry.”

Clicky

That last one from Kenny is probably what Charlie would have been worth 19 years ago or nine years ago or whenever Kenny was in charge before

The way he said it was annoying and again just came across as being disrespectful to people he should be looking up to not trying to belittle.