Jez

Dunno, I think it's a good signing.  He probably only has one or two years left in him but at £4m (the fee I've seen) it's not much money and he will be able to slot straight into their squad ahead of a Champions League campaign. 

That's certainly feasible, because £8-10m for a 32 year old who's not that good is a bizarre price. But is that type of thin allowed? I'd think Bournemouth might take umbrage with a deal like that.

Well their striking back up last season was Iago Aspas....he does add depth and can score goals in the premier league.

What a fire sale it's going to be at Southampton. No way are they having as good a season next time.

• Like 2

Well their striking back up last season was Iago Aspas....he does add depth and can score goals in the premier league.

What a fire sale it's going to be at Southampton. No way are they having as good a season next time.

Yes Southampton are going to struggle next year.

They're doing exactly the same as we did, play an exciting type of football people enjoy watching, got some good youngsters, got players in the England squad, real buzz about the place, picked apart in the summer

Rinse and repeat

I don't see how you can stop it, FFP rules certainly won't, it's killing the prem IMO, it's finished us already, anyone who is any good will see any club below the top 4 as a stepping stone

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Apparently lambert was a Liverpool youth player. It's pretty cool for him to be honest. Gone from league two to playing in the champions league with his hometown club. I doubt they're short on them, but maybe this is partially to meet the homegrown at the club requirement for the UCL?