Jez

Shouldn't laugh (from the BBC)

1. We've been asked how much money Southampton will make from the Gareth Bale transfer.

The answer is absolutely nothing.

Saints did have a 25% sell-on clause in the deal to sell Bale to Tottenham, but is was renegotiated when the south-coast club were in deep financial trouble.

As part of the new deal, Saints got Spurs goalkeeper Tommy Forecast.

Daniel Levy is some sort of arch-negotiator.

What a scumbag club.

why?

1. We've been asked how much money Southampton will make from the Gareth Bale transfer.

Saints did have a 25% sell-on clause in the deal to sell Bale to Tottenham, but is was renegotiated when the south-coast club were in deep financial trouble.

What a scumbag club.

why?

Like a vulture, Levy saw an opportunity to take advantage of their financial troubles to re-negotiate better terms.

What a scumbag club.

why?

Like a vulture, Levy saw an opportunity to take advantage of their financial troubles to re-negotiate better terms.

If we were in the same situation as Spurs i would be angry at the people in charge of our club if they didn't do the same thing.

Anichebe and Sessegnon to WBA apparently. Or at least in talks.

I cant believe Sunderland are going to let Sessegnon go!

Sessegnon got caught for drunk driving and DiCanio didn't take that too kindly so he's gonna be sold.

Wonder if he will regret that code of ethics.

Mesut is not worth £42 million, good player though.

7 more than Andy Carroll. hasnt even his his prime yet either

You can't judge any transfer against the ridiculous amount played for Carroll otherwise every transfer will look like a good deal. That Carroll deal was an anomaly.

Perhaps not quite worth £42m, but that's about the same as PSG paid for Cavani, so you'd have to say that it's about right in today's market. £40m seems to be the entry price for established world class players these days.

It's a pity he's joining Arsenal but I can't wait to watch Özil in the Premier League. Wonderful footballer. I love watching him play. I will concede that Arsenal are probably the right style to bring out his best though.

• Like 2

Perhaps not quite worth £42m, but that's about the same as PSG paid for Cavani, so you'd have to say that it's about right in today's market. £40m seems to be the entry price for established world class players these days.

think Pastore was 38 to PSG. Ozil is much better than him

• Like 1