1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not Voting
    • The Party for the reintroduction of the European Beaver

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A selection of different survey results over the last week

[table][row][col][col]Blue[col]Red[col]Yellow[col]

[row][col]02-May[col]34[col]28[col]29[col]Con +5

[row][col]02-May[col]33[col]28[col]28[col]Con +5

[row][col]01-May[col]38[col]28[col]25[col]Con +10

[row][col]01-May[col]34[col]27[col]30[col]Con +4

[row][col]01-May[col]35[col]27[col]28[col]Con +7

[row][col]30-Apr[col]35[col]23[col]29[col]Con +6

[row][col]30-Apr[col]36[col]29[col]27[col]Con +7

[row][col]30-Apr[col]34[col]28[col]28[col]Con +6

[row][col]30-Apr[col]33[col]24[col]32[col]Con +1

[row][col]29-Apr[col]34[col]27[col]28[col]Con +6

[row][col]28-Apr[col]34[col]27[col]31[col]Con +3

[row][col]27-Apr[col]36[col]29[col]26[col]Con +7

[row][col]27-Apr[col]33[col]29[col]28[col]Con +4

[row][col]27-Apr[col]36[col]27[col]28[col]Con +8

[row][col]27-Apr[col]34[col]27[col]30[col]Con +4

[row][col]26-Apr[col]33[col]29[col]29[col]Con +4

[row][col]26-Apr[col]33[col]28[col]29[col]Con +4

[row][col]26-Apr[col]34[col]25[col]28[col]Con +6

[row][col]26-Apr[col]32[col]25[col]30[col]Con +2

[row][col]25-Apr[col]32[col]28[col]31[col]Con +1

[row][col]25-Apr[col]34[col]28[col]30[col]Con +4

[row][col]25-Apr[col]33[col]28[col]30[col]Con +3

[row][col]24-Apr[col]34[col]28[col]29[col]Con +5

[row][col]24-Apr[col]34[col]26[col]30[col]Con +4

[row][col]24-Apr[col]35[col]27[col]28[col]Con +7[/table]

Other than YouGov - has anyone else on VT ever been a "input" into one of these polls? - what is the typical input numbers are what are the criteria ?

This might be a very naive question but... with all these polls and surveys are they determining the support for individual candidates, the party as a whole or the individual leaders? Because people might be asked what party they will support but their local candidates for that party are complete numpties who they won't vote for.

This might be a very naive question but... with all these polls and surveys are they determining the support for individual candidates, the party as a whole or the individual leaders? Because people might be asked what party they will support but their local candidates for that party are complete numpties who they won't vote for.
Or, they might be trying to scare the bejeeesus out of you and then asking how you intend to vote.....see above.

puts through an interest rise on student loans

I thought Student loan rates are linked to the Retail Prices Index , so they are going up anyway ..Cameron or no Cameron

There was a independent report which is highly "likely" to influence a review of university funding backed by both Labour and the Tories , in the Autumn ..so the candidate letter you have seen seems sounds slightly misleading

puts through an interest rise on student loans

I thought Student loan rates are linked to the Retail Prices Index , so they are going up anyway ..Cameron or no Cameron

There was a independent report which is highly "likely" to influence a review of university funding backed by both Labour and the Tories , in the Autumn ..so the candidate letter you have seen seems sounds slightly misleading

Correct. And the hiperinflation that is required to negate the national debt will see those with index linked debt suffer heavily.

Luckily Gordon was smart enough to put off the index linking of pensions until 2012 so those scrounging coffin dodgers will just have to lump it.

news statesman

so the new statesman is having a pop at other media outlets and how they are trying to influence people ..anyone seen their current front cover ?

2rge2k5.jpg

news statesman

so the new statesman is having a pop at other media outlets and how they are trying to influence people ..anyone seen their current front cover ?

2rge2k5.jpg

But from that, they seem to be quote honest and upfront about their preferences instead of spreading sleaze stories to try and dog whistle the electorate to heel.

earlier in the day I was listening to 5live whilst tidying up a kitchen that had had a heavy saturday night. It was the female presenter that is on before the seven day sunday programme (I think it might have been Kate Silverton). Anyway, I was getting really annoyed about the panel of red / blue / yellow spokespersons never actually answering a bloody question. Every question asked was either ignored and answered with the usual pre prepared statement or it was answered with a scare about what the others would do. So, being a bit of a saddo, I decided that regardless of what the next question was I was going to see how long each rep could go without mentioning the other parties.

The next question once I'd found a pen was something about upping the pensions by scrapping the nukes. I've managed to note down the answers, but will only transcribe them up to the point they mentioned an opponent:

Liberal answer:

Of course, it was the conservatives......

Labour answer:

I'm proud to have reversed the conservative....

Conservative answer:

As ever Labour....

Absolutely pathetic. The trouble is, on May 7th one or two of these parties will take getting more votes than the others as public endorsement of the policies they've refused to actually inform us about.

Your own fault, listening to that stupid fecking cow kate silverton, stupid brainless fecking whore. I remember her broadcasting from iraq on xmas day when a major battle was ongoing, and she was showing the viewers round the pool table in the soldier's mess, useles waste of **** oxygen

Your own fault, listening to that stupid fecking cow kate silverton, stupid brainless fecking whore. I remember her broadcasting from iraq on xmas day when a major battle was ongoing, and she was showing the viewers round the pool table in the soldier's mess, useles waste of **** oxygen

a fair point well made

It's all balls.

REFORM.

Also, it occoured to me that the system in place is doomed to fail from the off. If Labour is voted in, they'll just piss of the conservative voters. If the conservatives get voted in, they'll just piss of the progressives. If anyone gets voted in, they'll piss of Alex Salmond. Why must one party be right? Why can't there be a coalition in which the parties compromise in the best interests and be properly representative of the population?

To me a coalition government makes more sense, at least then the natural divides in peoples opinions of how a country should be run won't divide the country but instead bond them in order to find common ground.

Then at least we won't have Tory bummers or die hard Labour fondlers won't be bickering like little bitches, determined to prove that one way is the right way.

Something needs to change.