1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not Voting
    • The Party for the reintroduction of the European Beaver

It's all balls.

REFORM.

Also, it occoured to me that the system in place is doomed to fail from the off. If Labour is voted in, they'll just piss of the conservative voters. If the conservatives get voted in, they'll just piss of the progressives. If anyone gets voted in, they'll piss of Alex Salmond. Why must one party be right? Why can't there be a coalition in which the parties compromise in the best interests and be properly representative of the population?

To me a coalition government makes more sense, at least then the natural divides in peoples opinions of how a country should be run won't divide the country but instead bond them in order to find common ground.

Then at least we won't have Tory bummers or die hard Labour fondlers won't be bickering like little bitches, determined to prove that one way is the right way.

Something needs to change.

You're getting there but you need to abandon the concept of parties and you might see the light

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

news statesman

so the new statesman is having a pop at other media outlets and how they are trying to influence people ..anyone seen their current front cover ?

2rge2k5.jpg

It would be strange if the bible of the left wing didn’t do something like that? Its good though Geoffrey isn’t involved anymore?

Just watching Nick Clegg, wow, anybody see that guy wading into him, actually thought as he kept moving forward he was going to plant one on him, think the security did as well, its Ok but Clegg isn't even in power or his party been in power since Jesus walked on water. Couple of things that are beginning to look ominous to me are the fact that we see this "time for change" thing being thrown at the public, when in actual fact you only have to listen to any of the parties to realise there is going to be no change, nothing different, no change of thinking except how we deal with the crap we are in. Another thing that is starting really to piss me of is the fact that there seems to be a huge machine that's now kicked in and we are seeing this momentum to get things back into the comfortable system or zone that the city requires, we see both Labour and Tory slipping back into the 2 party politic and Lib Dems taking up there 3rd party role of filling in, and yet just days ago it was all Lib Dems, even the polls seem to be working that way, are people really that precarious, i wouldn't imagine so.

The other point i think is if i was any of these blokes, Cameron, Brown or Clegg i genuinely wouldn't want power in this country over the next 5 years, a) I don't think they will be in power that long before another election is forced, B) they will have to legislate and enforce such austere laws it really wouldn't be worth it and c) most importantly they will become so hated and detested because of the problems they will never hold power again for donkey's years, If it where me as leader i would dumb things down, even talk the losers card, let the other party take up the mantle, bide my time over the next few years ans slip into power afterwards, but that's me, and politicians ego's don't allow them to see further than the end of there noses.

Just watching Nick Clegg, wow, anybody see that guy wading into him, actually thought as he kept moving forward he was going to plant one on him, think the security did as well

This Guy?

There was a thread on the subject on here a few weeks back

That's the fella....handful or what, I actually didn't get what he was saying or was on about because he was shouting a fair bit and talking over etc, another fella a few days back had a go at Cameron, Cameron clearly couldn't deal with it so using his arm swept the fella aside and walked of, and we've all watched Brown in the soup, don't recall ever seeing an election campaign with so many disgruntled voters at every turn.

Tory leader David Cameron acknowledged that the Conservatives would have to go further in cutting public spending than they had so far admitted in order to tackle Britain's record £163 billion deficit. But he insisted that he would ensure that the most vulnerable in society were protected.
- What a load of tosh.

Tory leader David Cameron acknowledged that the Conservatives would have to go further in cutting public spending than they had so far admitted in order to tackle Britain's record £163 billion deficit. But he insisted that he would ensure that the most vulnerable in society were protected.
- What a load of tosh.

Which bit?

The BBC lady following Gordo on the campaign trail (Jane Hill, I think her name was) just said:

Labour seem very pleased with their blitzkrieg on London.

A rather unfortunate turn of phrase, I'd say.

The BBC lady following Gordo on the campaign trail (Jane Hill, I think her name was) just said:

Labour seem very pleased with their blitzkrieg on London.

A rather unfortunate turn of phrase, I'd say.

A thirteen year war of attrition would be more accurate.

You're getting there but you need to abandon the concept of parties and you might see the light

Well if you see other posts i've made on the subject you'd see im very much against party politics, and all for independent candidates being voted seperately into each department, and a different vote for the PM.

So come voting day you vote like this:

1.) Your local MP

2.)Vote for the best candidate for Health, Justice, Education, Foreign Affairs, Home Seceratary and Chancellor.

3.) The person best seen as a leader.

Which essentially would (hopefully) mean the end of party politics, and people instead of voting on which candidate has the best policies regardless of their political spectrum.

Of course you would still get people who would X all tory or all labour regardless, but it's a better system than now IMO.

Also, the PM wouldn't be aligned to any parties, it'll be a requirement. They would merely be the figure head so to speak.

How?

Focus will be on the policies and on the individuals.

It'll also be a requirement that there has to be no vested interests in their campaigns, they need to finance themselves ''organically'' rather than having some rich benefactors. If they have little money then they would have to focus on policies rather than spending dosh on airbrushing their appearance.

When it comes down to it, people are more likely to vote on polices if you break it all up and put focus on each department, rather than having a few blokes standing around throwing shite around and hoping they come out smelling of roses in the hope of getting some floating voters to side with them because they present themselves the best.

Scottish footballer backs Tories

Ex-Scotland footballer Murdo MacLeod backs Tories

Murdo MacLeod is lending his support to the Conservatives

Former Celtic and Scotland football player Murdo MacLeod has given his backing to the Conservative Party.

Mr MacLeod said it was time to give the Tories "a kick of the ball" as the SNP and Liberal Democrats would not get Labour out of power.

Elsewhere, the SNP leadership team was in constituencies across Scotland.

Lib Dem treasury spokesman Vince Cable visited Aberdeen and Scottish Secretary Jim Murphy was in Edinburgh to unveil Labour's latest campaign poster.

Mr MacLeod joined the Tory campaign in Argyll and Bute, saying: "It's time we gave the Conservatives a kick at the ball. Labour have had their chance over the last 13 years and they've run out of puff and have no new ideas.

"The best thing we can do is to vote for the Conservatives to give Britain a fresh start. The only way of getting a new government is to vote for the Conservatives.

"The Lib Dems and the SNP can't get Labour out of power. A vote for them will risk another five years of Labour and we don't need that."

Campaigning is continuing in the wake of BBC Scotland's main election debate programme, which was held in Edinburgh on Sunday evening.

The poster of David Cameron was unveiled by Labour

The Liberal Democrat's Mr Cable spoke with business leaders and students in Aberdeen to discuss economic concerns.

He said: "The concerns I heard today echo those I have heard across the country. Banks are not lending to viable small businesses.

"The banks in public ownership should be lending, to stimulate the economy. Liberal Democrats have the vision and the economic plan to steer Aberdeen and the whole country through these turbulent times."

For the Tories, Ms Goldie was campaigning in Argyll and Bute.

SNP leader and Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond has started a whistle-stop tour of key seats in Dundee, Aberdeen, Ochil and Falkirk, while his deputy, Nicola Sturgeon, has been visiting constituencies in the west of Scotland.

Vince Cable was in Aberdeen and Alex Salmond began his key seats tour

On Monday, Mr Salmond told BBC Radio Scotland's Good Morning Scotland programme that his party could balance the budget.

He said: "Over the last two years we have had a programme of 2% efficiency savings, that has worked, it has been proven. That has improved frontline services in Scotland.

"What we have to do with the Westminster black hole, of course, is use the same programme which has been established to be part of the contribution to closing that black hole, along with the cuts in things that don't matter - like Trident missiles - so that we can concentrate on the things that do matter, like health and education, to every family."

Undecided voters

In Edinburgh, Mr Murphy unveiled Labour's latest poster, an image of Tory leader David Cameron laughing beside the statement: "If you don't stop him no one will."

He said: "Many people in Scotland are afraid, they're very afraid of a Tory government.

"We don't want to go back to the old Tory divisions of the 1980s. Scotland's worked too hard to go back to those days of a government that couldn't care less about the poor or didn't do much to support families."

And he added: "I think we can still win this. There's still a huge number of undecided voters across the whole of the country."

It's not just the tartan wearers....Kevin Beattie has come out as a tory due to the 50% tax rate...and a picture of "Dave" was in yesterday's blunderland match day program

- What a load of tosh.

Which bit?

The spending cuts in the public sector is really a major worry of mine; and also this potential Tory Government haven't been totally upfront with their plans for the future of our Country, I mean they plan to hold a emergency budget meeting 25 days into their internship, not telling us the full extent of their ideas and how they will recoup the deficit until we've voted them into Downing street.

I have a vision of them ruining the NHS and other public run sectors, which ordinary people depend on and I can also see jobs being cut in these sectors immediately. I really hope they don't get in.

not telling us the full extent of their ideas and how they will recoup the deficit until we've voted them into Downing street.

But all the parties are the same in that respect.

They all refuse to deny that they will raise VAT to 20%, but they all will.

not telling us the full extent of their ideas and how they will recoup the deficit until we've voted them into Downing street.

But all the parties are the same in that respect.

They all refuse to deny that they will raise VAT to 20%, but they all will.

Don't get me wrong, all of them will break promises and lie to the public, it's in the political nature to do so and some times it's necessary to act with taxation. But the Tories are threatening the public services, we can't afford the NHS to take a dip in quality when so many people are reliant on this service, not all of us can afford private health care. It's vitally important we preserve the welfare system and try to improve the system steadily over the years.

Labour's political plan has an eye of sagacity in it; I think Brown is genuinely trying to keep a balance in the Country, we need this foundation to build upon for the future. The Tories uncertainty is really worrying me, I can't hide that feeling.

I don't see why they won't tell us they will raise VAT, it's the easiest option and will save tax raises in the long term. Don't think too many people will be pissed off about it.
Because VAT is the most regressive tax and the one that punishes those that earn the least the most. If gideon says he was raising VAT, he would be lambasted by the other two. Any sensible politician would propose abaolishing VAT