Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We might need a bit of rain.

Could do with Brook sticking around with Root for a bit.

Why do we need rain? If it rains the chances of a win narrows.

If we continue batting til about 5 or 6 we'll have a 300-350 lead & at that point I assume we stick them in to bat. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

250 would surely be the lowest..

Agreed.

I know stokes has said he'd rather lose trying to win than seeing out a draw, but turning the game into a T20 is surely a step too far?

It's exciting that I'm not sure though! :lol:

2 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Why do we need rain? If it rains the chances of a win narrows.

At the moment Pope was out we looked a little delicate on 77-3, thankfully these two have steadied the ship.

It's such a shame the forecast tomorrow has so much rain in it - I think a draw looks very likely unfortunately.

It'll be interesting to see how much Stokes is willing to risk losing the test in order to give himself a chance of winning it.

We'd need to be declaring before tea you'd have thought to give us a chance of bowling them out if the weather forecast stays as is - but any declaration at less than 300 gives us a risk if it doesn't rain tomorrow.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

If we were to get a full five days of this game, who would you make favourite to win it right now?

England 56%.

Ozzie's 30%

Draw 14% 

According to the sky sports guessometer

• Like 1

It's all about how much England trust that weather forecast for tomorrow.

It looks like there might be playable conditions for parts of the afternoon, and the chance of a couple of hours cricket tomorrow should make a massive difference to Stokes' thinking.

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Brook is such a talent. 

He's going to have a big career across all formats. 

Although pulling a slow, length ball at knee height hopefully won't be a shot he keeps in his locker :D 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Although pulling a slow, length ball at knee height hopefully won't be a shot he keeps in his locker :D 

Frustrating. I feel like we've got ourselves out more than the Aussies have got us out in this series so far. I know we play high risk cricket but some of the dismissals have been very soft. 

Â