Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

England are the better side. Of the Aussies, only Michael Clarke gets a game for England.

I think it will be close - 2-1 England with the Aussies to win in Brisbane. 

That's not really true. If you look at the at the icc bowling rankings then both Harris and Siddle are higher than any other England seamer. Add Johnson as there third seamer, they definately have the edge in bowling. Tremlett is not the bowler he was 3 years ago. There's also a few questions about Anderson being slightly on the way down. 10 years bowling at the highest level will take its toll on the body.

Edited by PaulC

There wasn't much between the two teams in the summer. The Australians then lacked the killer instinct to turn positive situations into winning positions.

I think it will be much the same again this winter. It wont rely on class of the performers but on which team can press their advantages into wins.

There wasn't much between the two teams in the summer. The Australians then lacked the killer instinct to turn positive situations into winning positions.

I think it will be much the same again this winter. It wont rely on class of the performers but on which team can press their advantages into wins.

There was one test that england won by 19 i think and another where rain save England. so it could have been 2-2 but England have more experience of winning. Australia only lost 1-0 in a 4 match home series to South Africa and we saw what they did to us so its not a foregone conclusion

There was one test that england won by 19 i think and another where rain save England. so it could have been 2-2 but England have more experience of winning. Australia only lost 1-0 in a 4 match home series to South Africa and we saw what they did to us so its not a foregone conclusion

There was also one match where we was only minutes from winning until bad light ended it. So it could have just as easy have been 4-0. We won the last series without actually playing very well. 

It's going to be tight but I think England will edge a classic series 3-2

There was also one match where we was only minutes from winning until bad light ended it. So it could have just as easy have been 4-0. We won the last series without actually playing very well. 

It's going to be tight but I think England will edge a classic series 3-2

Yes but that final test was setup by Clarke's declaration so i don't think its relevant. True we didn't play great but we've been like that in a few series lately. Last few away series we have lost to Pakistan, drew with Sri Lanka, won in India and drew in New Zealand. 

England are the better side. Of the Aussies, only Michael Clarke gets a game for England.

If was fully fit Ryan Harris would walk into England team and if got his head screwed on maybe Shane Watson

If was fully fit Ryan Harris would walk into England team and if got his head screwed on maybe Shane Watson

Agree with this.

Nervous about this series... It'll be a 2-2 draw or 3-2 to them.

AUSTRALIA: Rogers, Warner, Watson, Clarke (capt), Bailey, Smith, Haddin (wkt), Johnson, Siddle, Harris, Lyon.

ENGLAND: Cook (capt), Carberry, Trott, Pietersen, Bell, Root, Prior (wkt), Broad, Swann, Anderson, Tremlett.

Aussies batting first. 

Looking like a decent toss to have lost, currently.

Bloody Johnson & Haddin.

Other than that, very good day for England.

Looks like a decent enough track for batting, this.

Â