Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I'm thinking of taking your advice and going onto google+ for random tech discussion.

Oh I just bought a Galaxy Note for £255 from eBay. Only a month old and got a black one. Think it'll be with me by Friday.

Seen a Galaxy Nexus unlocked in box just go for £253. Bargain surely?

Yep. Get it :)

Google+ is currently a festering cesspit of hate for Apple, reaching fever pitch tonight over iShit day tomorrow.

I thought I added you a while ago. You didn't look like what I expected ;)

I'm thinking of taking your advice and going onto google+ for random tech discussion.

Oh I just bought a Galaxy Note for £255 from eBay. Only a month old and got a black one. Think it'll be with me by Friday.

Seen a Galaxy Nexus unlocked in box just go for £253. Bargain surely?

Amazon Germany selling them brand new for £259.00 according to hotukdeals

I think I'm the same horse as I am on here just a different shot :)

I am gonna get the Galaxy Nexus, too good value, gonna keep an eye on eBay and try pick one up for £250. Think I'm gonna need a pure Google phone when my Nokia/WP8 experiment kicks off some time in November.

My mate is taking my S3 for £350, prob let him have it after JB drops and I can have a play around with it. I'll sell the note when my interest in it wanes, though would love to throw AOSP on it and do some rom flashing again. Been since the Galaxy S since I last flashed a non stock rom.

Yep. Get it :)

Google+ is currently a festering cesspit of hate for Apple, reaching fever pitch tonight over iShit day tomorrow.

I thought I added you a while ago. You didn't look like what I expected ;)

Google+ is pretty much my first port of call every morning, its superb

New Nexus 7 owner, love it to bits but a few things;

Maybe its me expecting too much from a relatively cheap product but is there a way of changing gamma/saturation levels as the screen looks a little muted and washed out?

How do you purchase films rather than just rent them from the google play store? Or do we not have that option in the uk yet?

Any good sites/apps for HD wallpapers as the stock ones while good are a little fuzzy and lack something. None of them 'pop' or stand out but that may be down to the screen itself I guess.

Any good apps for typing? An equivalent to ms word? As I write short stories and what not so would be handy.

Any other must have apps, tips, tricks etc?.......

I think you should try out SwiftKey tablet for Nexus 7. I load my own video content onto the device a d don't use the play store for rentals. I don't know ow about the screen. I'd check over on xda about that.

I'm sure there are some good hd wallpapers on the play store like quickpic

Maybe its me expecting too much from a relatively cheap product but is there a way of changing gamma/saturation levels as the screen looks a little muted and washed out?

How do you purchase films rather than just rent them from the google play store? Or do we not have that option in the uk yet?

Any good sites/apps for HD wallpapers as the stock ones while good are a little fuzzy and lack something. None of them 'pop' or stand out but that may be down to the screen itself I guess.

Any good apps for typing? An equivalent to ms word? As I write short stories and what not so would be handy.

For gamma / saturation / colours, you'd probably have to flash a different ROM. Not worth it IMO. Tried turning the brightness up?

You can't purchase digital copies of films anywhere. You only ever rent them. Even if you can keep the copy on your device, it still has DRM that doesn't allow you to move it anywhere else and can be revoked at any time. All legit movie downloads are rentals.

I like pattrn for nice wallpaper patterns. Try the popular ones. Otherwise something like wallpapers hd has lots. I quite like the Dualboot live wallpapers as they work nice and smooth on the N7

Finally, just use Google Drive for office stuff. Auto-syncs with the cloud so you can work on the docs anywhere.

Ah Samsung. You had a chance to redeem yourself. But you've just thrown it away. S3 update not till October according to Samsung Denmark. Good news on the S2 which is slated to get updated to JB in November. Which means the Note will too.

But still. 3 months for skinned updates seems to remain the norm. Let's hope the 3 month early access to next release can cut that time down.

For gamma / saturation / colours, you'd probably have to flash a different ROM. Not worth it IMO. Tried turning the brightness up?

You can't purchase digital copies of films anywhere. You only ever rent them. Even if you can keep the copy on your device, it still has DRM that doesn't allow you to move it anywhere else and can be revoked at any time. All legit movie downloads are rentals.

I like pattrn for nice wallpaper patterns. Try the popular ones. Otherwise something like wallpapers hd has lots. I quite like the Dualboot live wallpapers as they work nice and smooth on the N7

Finally, just use Google Drive for office stuff. Auto-syncs with the cloud so you can work on the docs anywhere.

Cheers for that, will look into that

Not sure about the film thing though as you can 'rent' or 'buy' on PSNetwork, iTunes etc.......

Ah Samsung. You had a chance to redeem yourself. But you've just thrown it away. S3 update not till October according to Samsung Denmark. Good news on the S2 which is slated to get updated to JB in November. Which means the Note will too.

But still. 3 months for skinned updates seems to remain the norm. Let's hope the 3 month early access to next release can cut that time down.

Not great is it.

What will be very interesting is if the big players all bring out top specced nexus handsets, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Sony & HTC. You would then at least have a choice of skinned or vanilla from your favoured manufacturer.

I do wonder why they bother skinning them now.

Yeah Mykey, will be interesting what Samsung do if Google take nexus to Sony next as rumoured. Will Samsung continue with a vanilla android handset? They've had best of both worlds since the debut of the Galaxy S line as they've made the Nexus handsets too.

I think they are making their skins less intrusive though. Now Andoid is a fully featured OS on its own there is little real reason to add much. So I imagine the next version of touchwiz will be lighter and will update speeds taken into account. The early access to Android will certainly help. But by how much we don't know yet.

When I get the Galaxy Nexus I'll likely keep it for quite awhile. Having one means having first access to new versions of android. Which means you can evaluate it yourself.

I do love the S3 though. I am a fan of Touchwiz and a big fan of the home button. But I'm selling it to go try out other things. Ebay is very handy and will let me try devices for a few months and then sell it on for little loss.

My Galaxy note will be with me by the end of the week. Looking forward to testing it out.

Just been reading more reviews on the One s, even more excited now

and can't wait till it Arrives :D

Good choice. I wish I had of got one instead of my One X. I do love my One X, but much prefer the size/shape of the One S. Should have tried them both out really before buying.

Just been reading more reviews on the One s, even more excited now

and can't wait till it Arrives :D

Good choice. I wish I had of got one instead of my One X. I do love my One X, but much prefer the size/shape of the One S. Should have tried them both out really before buying.

Yeah Was looking at the One X, but didn't think it was worth the extra money..

Plus if I want to see it on a bigger screen, ill just get my Tablet out :P

Anyone know why you can't purchase movies on Google play? Seems you can only rent them, where as on iTunes, PSNetwork etc. you can either 'purchase' or 'rent'. Is it a licensing issue or something that will come to us eventually?

Just seems a bit odd is all.

Â