Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Dunno, but surely you would have been better off just not updating it and keeping the version with the old permissions?

Tbh I'd pretty much stopped using it. It was still advertising last season's season tickets at the end of the season

Just ordered a Galaxy Nexus. To go with my Nexus7. I'm the Nexus kid!

Ahem, GN, N7 and NS here ;-)

Okay then, I'm A Nexus kid ;-)

Ordered it Friday. Arrived Saturday. Within 90 seconds of startup it updated to Jellybean. Great phone. Much love to Google.

Is the Huawei G300 still king in the £100 phone bracket? It's the sister in law's 30th in November and she likes the idea of having a smartphone but hates the handset she currently has (cant remember what it is exactly, but it has a resistive touch screen!) so my wife has tasked me with picking a good phone out for her. It has to be either on T-Mobile or unlocked (or easy to unlock) as she has a pretty sweet SIM only tariff at the moment and, £100 is really all the wife has to spend. What version of Android does the G300 ship with btw, and what is the battery life like? (probably with light use most days)

I know September is the month where phone announcements tend to happen too and Huawei have announced successors to the G300 but they look like they are going to be mid range handsets costing £150 and £200 so they are probably too much. Have there been any other announcements of £100 phones I have missed though?

Seems to be widely available on PAYG Vodafone for under £100.00 from Tesco, Argos, Sainsburys but cannot find it on T-mobile or sim unlocked for anywhere near the £100 mark. According to Hotukdeals these were in-store at Tescos for £80.00 last week so you might be lucky......

1 guy on ebay is selling unlock codes for £5.49 if needed.

Anyone interested in the Droid Razor Maxx? There's something appealing about a phone that's probably just ok but has mega batterylife. If they end up with Stock Android and keep this big batterylife option it could become a winner.

Anyone interested in the Droid Razor Maxx? There's something appealing about a phone that's probably just ok but has mega batterylife. If they end up with Stock Android and keep this big batterylife option it could become a winner.

Moto are bigger in the USA than anywhere else, The phone looks great, could be a winner if it runs stock android.

So you're looking at extra expense to get one? Maybe the new Google owned moto might be different. But Engadget review of the new Razor Maxx HD seems very positive and it'd be interesting to have a phone that lasted 2 days on a single charge instead of the standard 1 day. I wouldn't be mad on specs too much (though this phone seems to be pretty high end), just a decent smartphone with epic batterylife definitely has some appeal. It could become moto's niche in this competitive Android world.

None of the Motos launched yesterday have what I would call edge to edge display or are running Jellybean which is just unforgivable considering who now owns Motorola. I think the Droid RazrM is the one being launched in London next week.

The Maxx HD was running jelly bean but it was not a final build. But engadget said it was pretty final. They promised it would get a very rapid upgrade to Jelly bean though. Since Google own them you'd hope that the promise would be a bit more solid than before from motor.

Â