Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Uninstall Skype and see if the problem goes away. What does the battery usage display say is using the power?

The Facebook app was the worst battery hog I ever experienced. That lasted a day on my phone.

Uninstalled Skype and rebooted the phone and all seems well again.

Changed a few settings on my battery guru too allowing my apps to refresh only when used or opened.  Will keep you posted to see if it makes much difference.

Cheers for the tips  :)

Apparently Google is aware of a bug which afflicts Skype and similar which basically runs the camera app in the background and drains the battery and are working on a bugfix.

• Like 1

For those of us who dont yet have Chromecast apparently Wednesday is the day it goes on sale with a price rumored to be between £30 & £35. Apparently there is also a rumour that the UK edition will be Blue not Black which doesnt ring true but you never know.

I can now order a Nexus from google!!!!!!!!!! Rejoice and party!!!!

Aaaaand it costs more than in the usual web-stores here. TOSSERS!

I might have said the same a while back.

But after getting a Smart TV< it's pretty cool to be able to stream stuff from your phone to your TV without wires, which is essentially what this allows.

I can't think of a single reason why I would by a Chromecast at present.

It's the only thing I use now. Either Netflix, iPlayer, YouTube, Google Play Movies, Music, Plex.

Sky never gets turned on unless villa's on. Even then I hope sky player will get Chromecast support soon.

From my limited knowledge, not much difference. But doesn't screen mirroring require Smart TVs? Or at least TVs with the function built in?

Chromecast allows you to do it on any TV (with an HDMI slot). And you can move it and use it on several TVs.

There's a whole api behind Chromecast so the Chromecast will connect directly to the internet source and play the media at highest quality. You effectively use the laptop, Chromebook, phone, tablet etc as a remote control. Screen mirroring is a hack that doesn't work very well.

Once they bring a GPe of the new HTC One I'll buy it. 

The smartphone world will be a bad place if they don't sell loads of these. They're making the best phones, hands down. Well done again HTC

• Like 1

I don't understand the huge attraction to chromecast, I think it's cool but it hasn't tipped over into something I must have.

If you use Netflix, they're a must. Even if you don't, then YouTube on the TV is nice. Then you have the Google play stuff through it if you use any of that.

Â