Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hev wrote

Daily Mail today (Neil Moxley) has the Headline "Villa Cast Doubt Over Takeover Bid" and says it looks no nearer completion and that Neville's comments were "greeted quizically" inside Villa Park with officials suggseting that if anything the deal is as far away as ever. A club spokesman apparently said "as far as we are concerned, nothing has changed". It also intimates that the group have still to prove to Ellis that they have the funds.

The bit in bold really got my goat (although I concede there are no quotes :winkold: )

He wants them (the Comers) to prove they've got funds. This is following him stating we won't be involved in the transfer window in Jan due to no funds!!!

F**king hell, if the Comer Bros gave us a fiver it'd be more than that old pant pisser :evil: :evil:

Quote:

Daily Mail today (Neil Moxley) has the Headline "Villa Cast Doubt Over Takeover Bid" and says it looks no nearer completion and that Neville's comments were "greeted quizically" inside Villa Park with officials suggseting that if anything the deal is as far away as ever. A club spokesman apparently said "as far as we are concerned, nothing has changed". It also intimates that the group have still to prove to Ellis that they have the funds.

Mixed messages galore -- ffs £llis take the money and GO.

I think it will happen and quickly.

But then I'm known for being a glass half full person -- much required as a Villa fan lol

I think its widely acknowledged that Ellis wants to sell, and is happy to sell at the price. The fact that Murphy has come out and said this only adds credence to it to me. However, he doesnt want it dragging on forever either - particularly as what happens in January will shape our season, and if he cant see a deal, he cant see a deal

thing is Ickle, is that if Murphy and Moxley are right, what's the rush, why does Ellis want to impose a deadline, surely for him he could just carry on dragging it all out ....

Maybe our resident Doc could enlighten us :wink: but is this more an indication that Ellis needs to sell soon because it is clear the club is up for sale isn't it ?

only been a day since the story broke and already there are serious doubts about it all...

why does my intuition tell me that this is all bollocks and we will end up stuck with ellis for another few years yet and more than likely get relegated in the process?!?

PP, I know where u r coming from but the fact Ellis appears to be a willing seller is the difference isn't it ?

I think he realises he is at the end now, he can give no more and wants to go out in his own style, that may mean some frustrations but he is going, the only dispute in my mind is when.

tbh, i think its all the usual smoke and mirrors...

its coming up to transfer window time and we are not buying..

what a great way to take the flack off, by pretending to all and sundry, including the potential buyers, that the takeover is in full force...

worked at the agm after all and ellis has always deflected the issues somehow in the past..

its all a little too convenient for my liking and i just dont buy it...

its too good to be true and usually when somethings too good to be true, it usually is...

especially when ellis is concerned....

i will be extatic to have those words rammed down my throat though...

tbh, i think its all the usual smoke and mirrors...

its coming up to transfer window time and we are not buying..

what a great way to take the flack off, by pretending to all and sundry, including the potential buyers, that the takeover is in full force...

worked at the agm after all and ellis has always deflected the issues somehow in the past..

its all a little too convenient for my liking and i just dont buy it...

its too good to be true and usually when somethings too good to be true, it usually is...

especially when ellis is concerned....

i will be extatic to have those words rammed down my throat though...

From what I have read (and that's quite alot) it seems that it IS going to happen but........... the first time this story surfaced it seemed then it was going to happen I cant get excited over this(even though I desperately want to) because I cant trust Doug. The only scenario I can see is when the 31st comes there will be no more news and for a couple of weeks after there will still be no more news. I still think this has come out quite convieniently in time for the January transfer window (makes you wonder) and the last time this news surfaced was just before the AGM.

Yep I said the same sort of thing earlier. This is all a bit too convenient for me and like PP said it's all smoke and mirrors.

rememeber this story has surfaced again from the Comer's/Neville NOT from ellis

Exactly Ian. Why would they want to take any heat of our departing chairman? News was anticipated before Christmas and I think this is their way of telling us that they are still active and ready to takeover and this news also serves to make it more difficult for the old man to pull out as he did with Ranson. The talk of showing the money is rubbish, the money is there. When you sell a property for example the money does not turn up until the completion date, so why all the talk about wanting to see that it is there?

This deal will happen and only one old man can stop it and this news will make it more difficult for him to stand in the way of this bid.

Out with the old and in with the new on 31/12/05! :clap::clap::cheers:

seems the blosers are getting bitter about the takeover. from one of the oily knobs.

All bluenoses should have their fingers crossed this vile takeover goes ahead at the moment.

While the vile fans might think anyone is better than Ellis they are in for a surprise.

I know some things that have gone on at vile park in the last few weeks.

For a start the commisson to determine the number of houses that could be built on the land around vile park was the first thing the group did before even touring the stadium or studying the books.

If these irish gypsies manage to buy vile there will be some funny times ahead for us Blues fans.

yes you will be playing swansea why we will be playing chelsea :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

does anyone reckon there could be some truth in this?

I have it on good authority the first thing this group also have planned as soon as they take control is the cancelling of villas training ground re-development.

In reality this group dont want to destroy vile as they need them to remain a saleable asset.

Their intentions are simple, buy the club, make big profit from its land assets while maximising revenue in a similar way to what is happening at Man U (higher ticket prices & merchandising) then 2 or 3 years down the line re-sell the club again.

This group wont want vile to slide into oblivion as they wouldnt be able to re-sell them but they are most definately not investing for the 'love of the game' and have no intention of plouging their own money in for new players.

Its a money making venture pure and simple. I think in 12 months time many fans will be talking of the good old days of doug ellis, when they had a chairman who cared about the football club.