Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a gamble form the lad Delaney there! He's clearly hoping for a takeover before the transfer window. Players who criticise the ambition of the club end up at one place, and one place only, and that's a certain smog bound shithole in the North East!

Mr Neville has recently said that he can't see what will prevent this deal from being completed. And with no further comment from the club or Ellis.

We have yet another mediocre season, and been told there is no money to spend in January.

There have been reports that Mellberg might be wanting a more ambitious club.

Some players have now given their approval on this takeover.

It will be very hard for Ellis to back down this time, if that's his intention.

Demitri - any chance of showing where that set of quotes came from mate?

sorry drat it was from teamtalk. im suprised our players are coming out and talking about to be honest, as they didnt when ranson made the bid, well to my knowledge anyway.

My information is that the Evening Mail article shouldn't have been printed...... well certainly not at the time it was.

Remember there are two sides in this 'takeover' and who is to say that there are not other people 'sniffing around'.

Who is to say that Mr.Ellis would not prefer to sell to a 'football man' rather than a consortium with something of a chequered background.

I accept I 'could' be wrong but my money would definately go on the Comers not completeing a deal.......... now it could be that Ellis refuses to sell but they were definately trying to pressure him last week with Nevilles statement. And as we all know one thing Ellis doesn't like is being pressurised into anything.

True Denis.

But if they weren't seriously interested in buying the club, why go through all the trouble? Time is quickly running out for Ellis now. He will be 82 soon, he recently had heart surgery and his age is clearly showing. Even though the Comers might not be his prefered choice if he could choose freely, he has put himself in a position where he might have no real option than accepting their offer. Their valuation of around £64m seems to have been accepted. So anyone who seriously wants to buy the club not only know that Ellis wants to sell, they also know the price he is willing to sell at. There must be months since the Comers made their intentions known. If there currently were serious interest from others don't you think they would have made an approach by now?

As it is months since the Comer interest, and if Ellis wanted to sell and the price has been agreed why is it we are no further forward and the only statements have been from Neville talking of completion dates?

Neville might be serious and Comers might be serious but there is another person involved who may not want to sell to them.

I'm confident the only factor holding up the takeover by the Comers is Ellis trying to edge his bets in the hope the Russians, Norwegians and other UK based groups finally put in offers more liking to his proposals.

As usual there's always the chance they might be transferred to another club as often happens.

The day the Comers come out from their hiding place and comment is the day we'll all know one way or the other.

As it is months since the Comer interest, and if Ellis wanted to sell and the price has been agreed why is it we are no further forward and the only statements have been from Neville talking of completion dates?

Neville might be serious and Comers might be serious but there is another person involved who may not want to sell to them.

Murphy on 5L has said the other day that Ellis wants to sell, and has a good working relationship with Neville. It's fairly well accepted that Murphy is close to Ellis.