Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by O'leary's comments on Sky just, it would seem the takeover looks well advanced and not affecting the players or himself

Neither is the demand for that superb player DLC although it does seem despite reports he isn't part of the notorious dressing room unrest, he just wants away to get first team football.

Wish Ellis did

Manager David O'Leary insists that talk of a takeover at Aston Villa has not had an adverse affect on his team's performances in The Premiership.

Villa have struggled for form this season and prepare for a New Year's Eve clash with Arsenal in 13th place but a mooted takeover by an Irish consortium headed by Michael Neville brings hope of a new dawn.

A deal to buy out long-standing chairman Doug Ellis is reported to have stalled, although O'Leary insists he is not privy to such talks.

The Irishman is instead focused on the job in hand of preparing the first team even if he admits that his own future may yet be in doubt.

"I heard that on the radio driving in - that's how I get my news," O'Leary told Sky Sports News, when asked if he had heard that a takeover bid had stalled.

"I run the football team and the takeover stuff is in no way affecting us as a team.

"I don't know whether we could be disappointed or not disappointed - I don't know if it would be good for me or bad for me as I'm not party to negotiations.

"If Aston Villa is sold I just hope it goes to a good home. If people come and want to push this club forward then that's all you can ask."

O'Leary also denied speculation of a rift with wantaway winger Ulises de la Cruz.

The Ecuadorian is keen to leave Villa Park in search of first team football and to prepare for next summer's World Cup finals.

But far from being at odds with de la Cruz, O'Leary admitted that he is sympathetic to the 33-year-old's plight, although he revealed that no bid for the player has yet been forthcoming.

"I don't think he said that he isn't getting on with me," questioned O'Leary.

"He is unhappy he's not in the team but he's a wonderful professional lad who like anybody is thinking of the World Cup that is coming up.

"He's not in the team because [Aaron] Hughes is playing well so his agent came to see if he could leave. We said we'd listen to offers but as I speak we haven't had an offer yet."

Mooted Aston Villa takeover dead

30/12/2004 16:25

LONDON (Reuters) - A potential takeover of Aston Villa mooted in Decemeber is dead after a major group said they was no longer interested in the English premier league club.

The Comer home group worth a reported £1 billion said in a statement on Friday they would no longer take part in the bid made late this year that also involved Michael Neville a life long Villa fan.

Brian and Luke of Comer homes group dont think Villa chairman Doug Ellis is looking to sell and it is reported to be looking for a £75 million buy out.

"Mr Neville reiterates his potential interest in making an offer for Aston Villa and continues to consider other options in this regard. However, there can be no assurance that any offer will be made," the statement said.

Birmingham-based Villa rejected the takeover approach in November saying it significantly undervalued the listed company.

According to Reuters data, Aston Villa’s current 582.4 pence share price values the club at just over 62 million pounds

Mooted Aston Villa takeover dead

30/12/2004 16:25

LONDON (Reuters) - A potential takeover of Aston Villa mooted in Decemeber is dead after a major group said they was no longer interested in the English premier league club.

The Comer home group worth a reported £1 billion said in a statement on Friday they would no longer take part in the bid made late this year that also involved Michael Neville a life long Villa fan.

Brian and Luke of Comer homes group dont think Villa chairman Doug Ellis is looking to sell and it is reported to be looking for a £75 million buy out.

"Mr Neville reiterates his potential interest in making an offer for Aston Villa and continues to consider other options in this regard. However, there can be no assurance that any offer will be made," the statement said.

Birmingham-based Villa rejected the takeover approach in November saying it significantly undervalued the listed company.

According to Reuters data, Aston Villa’s current 582.4 pence share price values the club at just over 62 million pounds

I hate Ellis. If this is true I don't know what I'll do. :cry: