Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but they were definately trying to pressure him last week with Nevilles statement

Yes and with good reason. He has let this drag on and on and has kept moving the goalposts. This bid is serious and I think the consortium wanted the fans to know that they were still there and wanting to do something before the window. Only one man can stand in the way of this going through and by saying nothing it would have made it easier for him to do so as he has done with other past bids.

Out with the old and in with the new on 31/12!

This bid is serious and I think the consortium wanted the fans to know that they were still there and wanting to do something before the window.

I hear what you are saying, but how do we know its serious? Has anyone seen any details on how the Comers will fund it? Do we know what they plan for us if they do take over? Have they even got the cash to invest in us?

Yes, they may appear to be wealthy in net terms. But if they cannot even provide simple details as to how it will all be funded to the seller (Doug) then it does not fill me with confidence.

I hope it does happen. But only if it improves on what we currently have. Not hard I know, but I want to be sure.

But if they cannot even provide simple details as to how it will all be funded to the seller (Doug) then it does not fill me with confidence.

I think he is well aware that they have the money and that he should not expect to see it until the deal is done and dusted. But, he follows the X-Files and "trusts no one" until he sees the colour of their money. I think he may be using this as a reason to delay doing the deal when there is none. :cry:

Aston Villa Investments Limited

Proposed Bid for Aston Villa Plc

Aston Villa Investments Limited ("Avil") the acquisition vehicle formed for the

purpose of making an offer for Aston Villa Plc wishes to clarify the current

status of its plans.

Discussions are ongoing with Aston Villa PLC's advisors. Due diligence is

progressing and Avil is focused on settling its financing arrangements.

Avil also wishes to make it clear that it is committed to concluding a

transaction on terms acceptable to the major shareholders of Aston Villa and to

enable the club to prosper in the future.

For the avoidance of doubt there can be no certainty that an offer will be made

nor as to the terms on which an offer might be made nor as to the timing of any

offer.

From London Stock Exchange Site

It seems to be saying "Avil" are looking over Villa's accounts whilst simultaneously confirming that they have the money in place to do the takeover. Avil are committed to the best interests of the club but the takeover is by no means guaranteed at this stage.

It is pretty much what you would expect.

Avil also wishes to make it clear that it is committed to concluding a

transaction on terms acceptable to the major shareholders of Aston Villa and to

enable the club to prosper in the future.

For the avoidance of doubt there can be no certainty that an offer will be made

nor as to the terms on which an offer might be made nor as to the timing of any

offer

This seems further good news in that the consortium are still clearly in the race and are still placing pressure (albeit more tentatively) on "the major shareholders" to go through with the deal.

Is the last bit something that they felt they needed to add as the feathers of those "major shareholders" had been ruffled by Neville's previous statement as it had raised expectations and placed what they considered to be undue pressure on them for an early decision? Better to wait a couple of days than see the whole thing blown out of the water by these "major shareholders" getting a touch upset. :roll: But, it really needs doing before the January window passes us by and I think the only ones who do not realise this or don't care enough to sort it out before then are these or should it read the "major shareholder"? :bang:

Out with the old and in with the new a.s.a.p.

So, they are saying they are serious (perhaps looking for fan support?) ....

... with a get out clause in case it all (inevitably?) goes sour.

So no change then ? Why the sudden need for a statement ?

After Neville's comments that the deal could go through before the New Year, this seems to be a major step backwards, as it indicates we're a long way off an agreement.

it indicates we're a long way off an agreement

It takes us a step back & another one forward Dukes because the "major shareholders" don't want to be seen to be being rushed by the new boys who have now set up something that will have the affect of doing just that.

So, they are saying they are serious (perhaps looking for fan support?) ....

... with a get out clause in case it all (inevitably?) goes sour.

So no change then ? Why the sudden need for a statement ?

After Neville's comments that the deal could go through before the New Year, this seems to be a major step backwards, as it indicates we're a long way off an agreement.

Not a step backwards at all dukes. The takeover boys made an announcement earlier that they would like to get this concluded by the start of the year. Its obvious that things may take a bit longer so to show to all concerned that things are sstill progressing they make a fairly general statement. Deals of this size and I supsect with partners on both sides that are somewhat difficult to deal with will naturally take longer than buying a tin of beans at Netto.

Its positive, I'd be more worried if we had heard nothing

Yes, they may appear to be wealthy in net terms. But if they cannot even provide simple details as to how it will all be funded to the seller (Doug) then it does not fill me with confidence.

I hope it does happen. But only if it improves on what we currently have. Not hard I know, but I want to be sure.

Perhaps Richard could comment but I'd suggest its difficult enought to show you have funding for a 1.5 million takeover, especially if you have financed some of it with 'other' money

To do a deal with Ellis must be a nightmare, to keep him happy a miracle that alone makes it a sterling performance