Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think in 12 months time many fans will be talking of the good old days of doug ellis" - Many Bloose fans possibly. But, this can't be a quote from one as he claims to have developed the ability to think and Bloose fans have yet to evolve that far.

By the way as far as the takeover is concerned only one man can stand in the way of what has been agreed so have you had a word with him Denis?

Can anyone see us taken over by sunday?

Yes. I hope by Sunday if not, very shortly after that.

why would you think that?

If it does happen, look for a cloud of steam rising over the Isle of Wight where I have pissed my pants.

Chief wrote:

What questions did you ask him? what vibes did he give?

I have not talked to him one to one myself Chief, but he has said publicly: "The deal won't be completed before Christmas but there is a possibility it could be completed by the New Year." They have met him and discussed a whole range of things. I am still very upbeat about completion of the transaction. It has taken longer than we thought because of the complexities of due diligence. But Mr Ellis has been most charming and most accommodating and things are progressing well. Everything is very cordial and on track. I have got no view of anything which would hinder this deal." :cheers:

sounds like the players want him out as well

Villa players back takeover

Aston Villa players have given their backing to the proposed £64m takeover bid by an Irish consortium which could be completed in the next few days.

Ardent Villa fan Michael Neville, who is fronting the bid from property developers Brian and Luke Comer, has admitted talks with club chairman and leading shareholder Doug Ellis have been positive.

It is unclear how much cash would be available to manager David O'Leary should the deal go through after Neville claimed Champions League football is a possibility within three years.

But defender Mark Delaney and record signing Juan Pablo Angel believe it could be a positive move for a club which has stagnated in recent years.

Delaney, who last week submitted a transfer request, said: "If it (the takeover) does happen it would be a big lift.

"The fans want to see the club going in a direction which is positive. As players, we've just got to get results on the pitch and everything else will follow."

Angel said: "If it is good for the club, it is good for everyone. You never know if a takeover will be good but I am sure the directors will make the best decision for the club and the future.

"When you have money, it means you are going to get more quality players and that is good."

It was originally hoped any takeover would be completed before Christmas but the start of the New Year now seems the earliest time to mark the end of Ellis' 23 years at the helm.