1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Mr Clegg that's another reason to vote for you!....I'd much rather align our country with the French than the warmongers from across the pond!
Given a choice of allies it's usually best to side with the one that will fight rather than hoisting the white flag on the nearest flagpole.

Well done Mr Clegg that's another reason to vote for you!....I'd much rather align our country with the French than the warmongers from across the pond!
Given a choice of allies it's usually best to side with the one that will bomb and strafe their allies rather than not turn up.

Edited for accuracy :winkold:

Apparently that was the reason he took it off his hands free cradle because he didn't want to wake his kids up. Ahhh nice.

Putting their lives in danger by using the phone while driving though is ok

Guest Ricardomeister
Given a choice of allies it's usually best to side with the one that will bomb and strafe their allies rather than not turn up.

Edited for accuracy :winkold:

and don't forget also start illegal wars, steal other people's oil, bomb, kill and maim innocent civillians and steal all their burgers to feed all their 60 inch waist mates back in the good ol' Land of the Free! :winkold:

Dunno. Some guy from Oxfam, probably.

The critic Sheridan Morley, then a student at Merton, was present and recalled the occasion:

"At the interval I went to the toilet, and there beside me was Ringo Starr. He asked if I knew this Jeffrey Archer bloke. I said everyone in Oxford was trying to work out who he was. Ringo said: 'He strikes me as a nice enough fella, but he's the kind of bloke who would bottle your piss and sell it.'"

Say what you like about Ringo, but he was a good judge of character. :)

Jeffrey Archer and the Beatles!

archer-beatles-parool.JPG

Who is the guy second from left?

That'll be James Purnell - he wasn't available for the original shoot, so they 'shopped him in later on.

Tory plan to have top up fees for nursery places

More basic privileges for those with money?

However, nursery providers warned the sector was in crisis. It emerged yesterday that nearly 900 nurseries and playgroups in England shut last year – with many claiming that inadequate state funds for free places had made running the businesses financially untenable.

A campaign, known as Save Our Nurseries, has been calling for the suspension of the code of practice since 2006. The Conservatives say allowing nurseries to charge the top-up would be temporary while they tried to create a fairer funding formula to make the sector sustainable.

on the basis of nurseries closing left right and centre it doesn't seem such a bad idea as a temporary measure.

Plus with more child minders appearing (in particular in built up areas) it seems like the nursery isn't as important as it once was. There are a hell of a lot more child minders than nurseries in Coventry for example. And with stricter limits on child minders in terms of numbers of children they can look after, more often than not your child gets more attention and care anyway.

Plus they are cheaper than a nursery even with the same offsted rating.

It seems that Labour are hell bent on offering things in every area that they simply cannot afford.

They talk about how conservatives are going to cut a,b,c, but they haven't actually come out and said what they are going to cut themselves.

They are also hell bent on keeping the child trust fund cheques which is quite possibly the worst use of public money to date. There are so many ways in which that money could be used better.

Wonder what he said?

Labour Party suspends South East Cambridgeshire hopeful

The Labour Party has suspended its candidate for South East Cambridgeshire over allegations of inappropriate comments on an online forum.

A party spokesman described the actions of John Cowan as "totally unacceptable and well below what the party expects of its candidates".

A decision will now be made whether to expel him from the party.

It had been reported that Mr Cowan had made a number of offensive comments on online forums.

Mr Cowan's suspension comes too late for him to be replaced on the ballot paper.

He was unavailable for comment on Monday morning.

The declared candidates for the South East Cambridgeshire seat are: Christian Peoples Alliance: Daniel Bell; Liberal Democrat: Jonathan Chatfield; Labour: John Cowan; UKIP: Andy Monk; Conservative: James Paice; Green: Simon Sedgwick-Jell; Independent: Geoffrey Woollard.

How many candidates have we lost through posting on the internet and tweeting