1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

Susan

I'm sure I've missed something but is there anything particularly significant in the name you've chosen? :?

In honour of Susan Boyle the TV "sensation" from BGT .. seems rather appropriate , No ?

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone catching the BNP party election broadcast? :shock:

was it on TV or the one on the internet with Marmite in the corner?

Just on BBC2 - lots of Churchill (I'm sure all of his relatives will be happy), lots of 'our boys' and they managed to find a Sikh chap saying he was 'pro BNP' who looked like someone had his family at gunpoint off camera.

If Spitting Image were still around and had decided to parody a BNP election broadcast then it would have gone pretty much like the actual one.

I couldn't make up my mind whether to gape at it aghast or die laughing.

We need to make £37 billion to make it up; hows it going to be done?

Well one obvious way would be to let the banks have free reign for a while and coin it in .. but just make sure we put some legislation in once they've done it so they don't **** us all again :-)

Susan

I'm sure I've missed something but is there anything particularly significant in the name you've chosen? :?

In honour of Susan Boyle the TV "sensation" from BGT .. seems rather appropriate , No ?

Oh.

Where's that tumbleweed picture? :mrgreen:

a Sikh chap to be 'pro BNP'

He was in the news the other week and was their first non white member after that ruling that said they had to accept all races

I've not heard whether he is still their only non white member but i suspect he is

Anyone catching the BNP party election broadcast? :shock:

was it on TV or the one on the internet with Marmite in the corner?

Just on BBC2 - lots of Churchill (I'm sure all of his relatives will be happy), lots of 'our boys' and they managed to find a Sikh chap to be 'pro BNP' who looked like someone had his family at gunpoint off camera.

If Spitting Image were still around and had decided to parody a BNP election broadcast then it would have gone pretty much like the actual one.

I couldn't make up my mind whether to gape at it aghast or die laughing.

For those old enough will remember the National Front party political broadcasts which showed lots and lots of Churchill. Nicholas Soames iirc is the grandson of Churchill

He seems to forget that 2 weeks ago the country didn't appear to want Lib Dem policies , and possibly they still don't ? unless someone is going to tell me the recent surge is down to Lib Dem Policies and not the recent performance on the TV debates ?

I think your signature says the same about Cameron, Tony

Cameron doesn't need to be a messiah. All he has to do is not be Brown.

The Country largely feels they don't want Brown, but tbh there's not that much enthusiasm for the policies of anyone.

The Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg made clear today that he would be prepared to support a Labour Party that had slumped to third in the share of the vote — but not if Gordon Brown remained in No 10.

With opinion polls pointing to a hung Parliament, Mr Clegg said it would be “inexplicable” for Mr Brown to remain as Prime Minister if his party finished with fewer votes than the Tories or Lib Dems, even if Labour had the most seats.

But he said he would be prepared to work with anyone else within Labour or any other party that was prepared to deliver his aims — including electoral reform, which is an “absolute pre-condition” for renewing British politics.

oh well clegg you just put a massive nail in your coffin with these remarks. clegg looks sneaky and untrustworthy to me

oh well clegg you just put a massive nail in your coffin with these remarks. clegg looks sneaky and untrustworthy to me

How so, Dem?

How can being honest about possible outcomes be classed as sneaky and untrustworthy?

Maybe he means that the fairly sensible comments that Clegg has made are going to be misinterpreted by people without the wit to read the whole article or understand the contents and that could mean they don't vote for him.

But to be honest they're probably the same people who only learned who he was when he was put on the telly, so there won't be a net loss.

We need to make £37 billion to make it up; hows it going to be done?

Well one obvious way would be to let the banks have free reign for a while and coin it in .. but just make sure we put some legislation in once they've done it so they don't **** us all again :-)

Or...........

Just a thought.

Don't spend the planned £100 Billion on Tridents replacement, find something cheaper

MHmmmmmmmmmm

Don't spend the planned £100 Billion on Tridents replacement, find something cheaper

Or we could stop using this ludicrous figure of 100 billion spread around the media and start quoting the real cost, which is 25-30 billion spread over 25 years. Not that expensive at all for the ultimate national insurance policy.

If we are going to maintain some form of strategic nuclear deterent then the R & D costs attached to developing and producing a new weapon and delivery system would far exceed the actual cost of Trident. We'd also be trusting the British defence industry to produce it....Given their long and undistinguished list of failures we'd probably be better off keeping the cash and tooling up a Sopwith Camel with a box of hand grenades.

Clegg may think that unilateral disarmament is a good idea but for me it's just another reason not to believe he is a credible leader of this country.

We'd also be trusting the British defence industry to produce it

:?

Ignoring the dodginess surrounding the privatization of RSRE/DRA/DERA (Qinetiq), the bribery and grubbiness surrounding BAe and anything else to do with the arms industry, I thought the 'British Defence Industry' was supposed to be (relatively speaking) quite good at what it does.

Guest Ricardomeister

“I have never wanted a huge gesture. I just want him to stand by what he says he’s going to do. He’s just not a man of his word.”

Very damning words on a possible future PM. Not my words, but those of ex-soldier Chris Bullock, who accuses Call Me Dave Cameron of betrayal for a second time after Cameron again promised to help Mr Bullock and again has not followed up on his promise.

If Call Me Dave is either too incompetent or too dishonest to follow up on a simple promise to an individual then how on earth can he be trusted to be competent enough or honest enough to keep his promises to an entire nation!

We'd also be trusting the British defence industry to produce it

:?

Ignoring the dodginess surrounding the privatization of RSRE/DRA/DERA (Qinetiq), the bribery and grubbiness surrounding BAe and anything else to do with the arms industry, I thought the 'British Defence Industry' was supposed to be (relatively speaking) quite good at what it does.

SA80A1 - Fail. A2 is good but that's because it was rebuit for us by Heckler and Koch.

Bowman secure radio system - Fail.

FRES - Fail.

Super Lynx - Fail.

I could go on all night but it's past my bed time. The British defence industry is broadly a big bag of wank - with the exception of BAE who produce some rather nice and shiny fast jets.

Are those examples of the British Defence Industry being incompetent or just that defence industries per se are incompetent?

You 'could go on all night'. It sounds as though no one would ever be able to kill any one else in any kind of military conflict because everything produced is a piece of shit.

I am, however, incredibly glad (bearing in mind loads of people keep going onabout how important our defence industry is in respect of exports) how utterly shit we are at producing things that kill people.

British incompetence for the **** win!