Pelle

Are you a romantic person?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a romantic person?

• Lauraesque (superromantic)
    • Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I don't have the energy for it these days what with having 2 sons and everything else that drains the life out of you, a wife, mortgage, nursery fees, work yadayada....

Used to be though.

In my day ya got nowhere without being romantic. So i'd always tell me girls that i loved them, even after a first date. Seemed to work.

Oh, that happened to me too when I was in Tunisia. She said she loved me after about 2 hours. :? Didn't know what to say. Not very romantic but I shagged her and dumped her the day after. THAT was scarying me off if anything. Probably mever should've shagged her, but sometimes you just feel the need for it. :oops:

And mrweedgrass, I'm very cautious about the girls I meet. Maybe too cautious.

The misses will say I'm not, or I am, depending on her mood with me at the time.

I dont sit there thinking up plans of how to be romantic, etc, I think its more the things I do for her to make her life easier which should be looked kindly upon, rather than spending a fortune on some shit plants that will die within 3 days.

But if it gets me a blowie, I'm all for it :)

Yeh I am but nobody to be romantic too at the moment.

Even 4 years into my last relationship I used to send flowers for no reason, there are too many to list to be fair and would hate to give away my secrets :lol:

I love romance but its no fun if its all one way.

Guest Ricardomeister

Call me mr cynical but I have learned through the years that romance is basically just legalised prostitution....instead of giving her 50 quid in notes for a shag you buy her 50 quid's worth of flowers and choccies...she doesn't feel like a whore and you don't feel like a desperate saddo paying for sex and everyone's happy! :winkold:

Yeh I am but nobody to be romantic too at the moment.

Even 4 years into my last relationship I used to send flowers for no reason, there are too many to list to be fair and would hate to give away my secrets :lol:

I love romance but its no fun if its all one way.

This will be why your single. Keep you secrets cause they clearly arn't working.

Treat em mean keep em keen. Never fails.

Treat em mean keep em keen doesn't work for the right kind of woman. The cheap and easy ones - for sure. But when you start wanting more, your philosophy will bite you on the arse. Until then - enjoy.

And Mr Cynical, that's absolutely abhorrent. Shame on you and your definition of romance.

Guest Ricardomeister

If romance were a two way street then that is fine but for the vast majority in my experience romance means the man giving and the woman taking. If women want equality then that should apply to romance too. That is why I am quite happy to be mr cynical or, more accurately, mr realistic.

No. I used to be but its a pain in the arse, only ever one way and if you don't do anything for a while they start spouting out shit about you not caring anymore or you get accused of cheating. Causes more problems than its worth and I can get the same benefits from romance just by being a dick to them, its free and is more entertaining.

If romance were a two way street then that is fine but for the vast majority in my experience romance means the man giving and the woman taking. If women want equality then that should apply to romance too. That is why I am quite happy to be mr cynical or, more accurately, mr realistic.

I don't know how to say this any clearer than:

YOU. HAVE. NOT. FOUND. THE. RIGHT. WOMAN, THEN. :)

Everything in a relationship should be a two way street, otherwise it's not much of a 'relationship'. Both partners need to understand this for it to be a success. You are equals who deserve and should command, that respect.

Don't give up though, if your intentions are honourable, you will meet the right person who will have those standards.

Call me mr cynical but I have learned through the years that romance is basically just legalised prostitution....instead of giving her 50 quid in notes for a shag you buy her 50 quid's worth of flowers and choccies...she doesn't feel like a whore and you don't feel like a desperate saddo paying for sex and everyone's happy! :winkold:

Is the correct answer :)

I can be romantic but I wouldn't say it was a succesful strategy. Although it's not how it should be, I think treating women mean generally keeps them keen. I have no idea why but from personal experience it works.

Â