Pelle

Are you a romantic person?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a romantic person?

• Lauraesque (superromantic)
    • Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

From Dante's thread about sending flowers I'd like to see how many on here that consider themselves as romantic or not. Would you do special things for your beloved without any particular reason at all? Do you believe in eternal love and all that comes with it?

I have to say I would and I am a romantic person. Just haven't had someone to express that to in a long time. Unfortunately that means that I sometimes show it to my mistress or whatever I should call her and that might send the wrong signals. Although she knows what I'm looking for so she doesn't expect this to last forever anyway. But that wasn't the point. :P

And I made a poll out of it, just for all those who loves polls, like Rob. ;)

Hahaha @ Lauraesque! I went for that one. Love makes the world go round.

:lol: It sure does and I was almost voting for that one too. :P But I saved it for you and Trim. ;)

really all depends on the girl. Soem of them get put off by blokes been overromantic

I get your point but how you are as a person shouldn't depend on the gf, really.

romance is for girls

So you voted yes, Bicks? :D

There's always room for the wrong 'un, Rob. :nod:

it's quite simple this romance lark

when you met them you do nice things , say nice things , buy them flowers etc

once you are married you just become a bit meh and tell them they are getting fat etc

but to answer the question seriously I guess my answer would be "sometimes"

There is a fine line, I'm a pretty headstrong girl, I'm not a 'call 20 times a day' type and I don't like wasting my time, I'm not clingy, or obsessive, or needy or all those things usually associated with a very romantic person.

I just know how to some someone that I love them, with dignity & credibility. And I think there's nothing better than to do so - and get shown back.

Hm, so one of my dreams, getting married, is really something I should try to avoid? :? If you weren't cynical before, reading this site would do the trick. :P

And yes, obsessive is one thing, romantic another.

clingy, or obsessive, or needy

The three characteristics I absolutely cannot stand in a woman.

Expressing affection is nice done in genuine , non overbearing and classy manner. The ones that need comforting all the time and are overly sensitive are the kind to watch out for. They are nothing but trouble.

Most male/sports oriented websites are cynical , this being no exception. Although the degree of cynicism is a bit on the higher side here with lovely people like us crawling the forums. :P

Hm, so one of my dreams, getting married, is really something I should try to avoid?

Not really , nothing wrong with wishing to find a compatible partner for life. What you need to watch out for is the type of girl and how much trouble is she likely to be in the future. Too many naive men stupidly get married to incompatible women without thinking of the long term and become disillusioned with the concept.

really all depends on the girl. Soem of them get put off by blokes been overromantic

I get your point but how you are as a person shouldn't depend on the gf, really.

I wouldnt be into it myself but would for a gf if she was romantic. Doubt she would be my type though

Â