Pelle

Are you a romantic person?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a romantic person?

• Lauraesque (superromantic)
    • Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Probably not as often as I should be, but when you have a stressful job, and are married with two young kids, life tends to get in the way. However, I may just be inspired by this thread to buy her something nice on the way home, old softy that I am.

Well put Ginge.........and your new avatar is **** horrific

This, it scared the living daylights out of me...

On another note, romance is a two way street. One that is always good to go down.

I'd rather have a laugh than all that mush! Nice to be appreciated though.

Men make me laugh, alot pretend to be all hard and unfeeling & won't talk about stuff and just dont' do romance....but when actually they feel just as deeply as a woman, they just feel awkward expressing it all. Maybe it's part of being a Brit!

And once you've been bitten and come through a bad marriage, it makes you different. I'm not sure I am romantic per say now.

Frightened of getting hurt I suppose. Hard to trust. Awkward at the moment because someone I really like alot has kinda drifted back into my life and his marriage is on the rocks and I know he's extremely unhappy - .......but will they get divorce??!!...cos I'm not going near anyone who is tied in anyway.

I am affectionate & loving I'd hope but like Laura - I need my own space!

Well there you go. An unexpected bunch of flowers for the wife last night. And then I remembered, it's our sodding wedding anniversary on Saturday, so what am I going to buy for that having peaked too early in the week?! Curse you all!

Men make me laugh, alot pretend to be all hard and unfeeling & won't talk about stuff and just dont' do romance....but when actually they feel just as deeply as a woman, they just feel awkward expressing it all. Maybe it's part of being a Brit!
Very much this. :nod:

Well there you go. An unexpected bunch of flowers for the wife last night. And then I remembered, it's our sodding wedding anniversary on Saturday, so what am I going to buy for that having peaked too early in the week?! Curse you all!

How many years?

I have tried hard to be romantic but have always failed spectacularly. Those who know me say it looks forced and artificial. Since then , I have decided the effort is not worth it. Just be normal and the girls dig you. No need to go out of my way to please them or anything.

Â