• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all this talk from Milner's camp that he hasn't asked to leave - you have to query who is telling the truth here. It's also disappointing it appears MON has fallen out with another player.

I can't imagine the club would allow the press releases regarding Milner wanting to leave unless it was true. Prior to the World Cup, from the chairman down the club stated how much they wanted Milner to stay and I can't see what has changed apart from the player wanting out.

As for Milner's camp, it's just spin and attempts not to make him look like a money grabbing mercenary.....

With all this talk from Milner's camp that he hasn't asked to leave - you have to query who is telling the truth here. It's also disappointing it appears MON has fallen out with another player.

Didn't O'Neill suggest that Milner wasn't going to sign a new contract and said that he wanted to hear what City had said?

Milner camp?

Quotes off Milner/agent/representative please?

Both O'Neill and General K have said he wants to leave. Why would they both make something up about a key player? :?

Milner camp?

Quotes off Milner/agent/representative please?

Both O'Neill and General K have said he wants to leave. Why would they both make something up about a key player? :?

exactly - if there was any glimmer of Milner wanting to stay, there wouldn't be any mention of a potential move away from the club.

I can't believe some are so quick to jump on the managers back over this.

What kind of message would it send to the rest of the squad if milner didn't want to leave and MON was trying to force him? Why would MON risk pissing off most of his important players in order to get milner to leave? Why would randy allow MON to risk losing other players when they hear that the manager would go to the press and lie about them in order to push them out of the club?

Why would a manager who has a great reputation for his man management skills go and throw all that out the window and risk being hated and untrusted by his team?

It would be such a stupid move on behalf of MON if he told the press that milner wants to leave when its completely untrue.

Well up there with suprises, that's with Dale Winton announcing he's gay.

It's also now being disputed that he wants to leave - which is more in line with the club statement that the meeting before the World Cup went well with the player. None of us know what's going on.

MON is stubborn and known to fall out with players.

Milner has overnight turned into a scumbag.... apparently.

Why would Milner be angered that MON has said he wants to leave. There is no reason for that other than he might have changed his mind.

Perhaps he cannot get in touch with MON and MON has decided you said you wanted to leave thats it. I could easily imagine MON being that stubborn, L Young was dropped (for a season almost) for complaining about playing left back for gods sake!

Something fishy going on and its certainly not all down to Milner, MON can do no wrong.

Nobody really knows what the hell is going on.

Sorry but this is bollocks. You believe paper talk about Milner saying he doesn't want to leave despite the fact that there are no quotes?! MON has actually said that Milner wants to leave, so there is solid evidence. If Milner really didn't want to go then he could quite easily have come out and said it. He hasn't, which means that the papers are fabricating this idea of him not wanting to go...

Time to get rid and fast. I don't want any players at this club that don't want to play for us. Simple.

L Young was dropped (for a season almost) for complaining about playing left back for gods sake!

Nothing to do with his brother or cuellar playing well? Just that MON is a stubborn man?

Why would Milner be angered that MON has said he wants to leave. There is no reason for that other than he might have changed his mind.

Are there any quotes to suggest milner is angered by this?

You're right so surely instead of making up bullshit scenarios to once again moan about the manager you should go with what you do know and at this point what we do know is that man city want milner and milner wants to go to man city.

There's an easy way for Milner to show that he doesn't want to leave - sign a new deal when he gets back on Monday.

Probably the first chance he has had since the World Cup to talk to MON.

When has Milner and his agent ever done anything through the media?

Well if you're foolish enough to believe milner really wants to stay and mean old Martin is forcing him out then i can see why you're disappointed.

As I said. No one knows what's going on. Are you saying you believe the manager over an official club statement? Actually don't answer that - it's pretty obvious what answer that will be.

The club needs to come out and tell us the truh. None of the nonsense Randy was telling us we were nowadays sell to buy club but left it open to suggest we actually aren't. Say sorry chaps, Milners off/we need to sell/whatever. Just let us know what's going on in a mature sensible manner and the reasoning instead of wrapping it up in spin - whoever is not telling the truth - club, player or manager.

MON is stubborn and known to fall out with players.

Milner has overnight turned into a scumbag.... apparently.

Perhaps he cannot get in touch with MON and MON has decided you said you wanted to leave thats it. I could easily imagine MON being that stubborn, L Young was dropped (for a season almost) for complaining about playing left back for gods sake!

Something fishy going on and its certainly not all down to Milner, MON can do no wrong.

Fully agree with this. I feel both parties are to blame here. I really like MON but do have to question certain aspects of his man management skills given how he appears to have fallen out with a number of players in the last couple of season.

daily star

FURIOUS James Milner will have showdown talks with Aston Villa boss Martin O’Neill on Monday.

The England international will let O’Neill know he is far from happy at the way he has been cast as the villain over his possible big money move to Manchester City.

The 24-year-old midfielder feels his manager is in danger of hanging him out to dry with Villa fans after suggesting that he had expressed a desire to leave.

Milner is anxious that City’s interest in him could spectacularly backfire if the two clubs fail to agree a fee for him.

City have bid £20m for the player but Villa insist their man is ­valued at around £30m.

Milner has kept quiet on the matter.

But he is concerned that O’Neill’s ­comments could put him in a ­similar situation to when Gareth Barry left the club last season.

Angry fans vented their angry at Barry who had been at the club for 10 years, ­accusing him of only being interested in money.

Milner has told close friends that he is happy at Villa and has not asked to leave the club.

Now he is worried that if City fail to meet Villa’s valuation and the proposed deal ­fizzles out, he is left ­between a rock and a hard place through no fault of his own.

Milner has two years left on his contract ­following his £12m move from Newcastle.

City are expected to come in with an ­improved offer in the region of £25m to land their man next week.

But that will be ­pre-empted by O’Neill and the player clearing the air in talks on ­Monday when the club return from a pre-­season trip to Ireland.

Milner is not due back at Villa Park until then anyway because he was given an ­extended break along with the other Villa players involved in World Cup duty.

He will make his views known to O’Neill and insisted that he is quite happy to carry on furthering his career at Villa if City’s interest goes no further.

But he will express his concern that O’Neill’s remarks could taint his relationship with the supporters.

Well if you're foolish enough to believe milner really wants to stay and mean old Martin is forcing him out then i can see why you're disappointed.

As I said. No one knows what's going on. Are you saying you believe the manager over an official club statement? Actually don't answer that - it's pretty obvious what answer that will be.

The club needs to come out and tell us the truh. None of the nonsense Randy was telling us we were nowadays sell to buy club but left it open to suggest we actually aren't. Say sorry chaps, Milners off/we need to sell/whatever. Just let us know what's going on in a mature sensible manner and the reasoning instead of wrapping it up in spin - whoever is not telling the truth - club, player or manager.

Why should the club come out and answer to lies in a newspaper?! Seriously, the assumption that they should do this is totally beyond me.

MON has come out and said that Milner wants to leave. That is enough for me and I'm sure he would not just come out and lie about it.

On the other hand, the news about Milner not actually wanting to go has no legs. There have been no actual quotes or anything.

This means that I see no reason why the club should have to confirm anything. It seems pretty clear to me that Milner wants to leave. Do you want it in blood or something?!

What if Milner comes out in a few days and says that he wants to stay? Will you believe that he felt this way the whole time? I certainly wouldn't. I think the only reason he will stay now is if Man City don't meet our valuation. I really hope they do though...

I'm sorry but if James Milner was really worried about being left out to dry then why not phone any of the papers and give them a couple of quotes and the situation is instantly resolved.

If its true that he wants to stay and MON is making shit up in order to push him out the club then the fans would certainly be on his side as i would imagine most of the first team squad would be and it would leave MON in an unworkable situation.