• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason people hated Barry (or at least for me anyway) was that he gave all this spiel about wanting to leave for CL club and wasn't going for the money, and then left for a club not in the CL paying loads of money.

Whilst I'm not happy about MIlner wanting to move, I won't hate him for it. At least he hasn't lied.

And if this sell to buy shit is true then I hope we do sell him as it's the only way we'll have a substantial transfer budget.

Milner can p*ss right off. Villa gives him the chance to shine and play in a WC and this is how he repays us.

The £30m will come in handy though. No player is bigger than the club.

The real worry is that this shows how much of a joke the league has become thanks to the new Man City. No club will be allowed to build a team. Citeh will just come in a hoover up any talent, like Rangers and Celtic have done in Scotland for years.

We are truly a third rate club now in terms of the type of players we can buy and hang on to. You have City (who can afford anyone and pay the wages to get them), then the Sky 4 and possible Spuds, and then us and Everton.

Depressing but it's somethign we will have t get used to.

Totally agree.

I honestly thought that Milner wasn't the sort of lad to get his head turned by money but obviously i was wrong. Especially after the season we had i thought he would stay for at least one maybe two more years to see if we could crack it and win something or qualify for CL.

For me this is worse than Barry wanting to go. He gave us most of his career before he pissed off for a final payday, whereas Milner is off at the first sign of it.

I can accept that at some point City will be challenging for honours regularly but how often will he get a game up there? I just think its the wrong time for him to go.

But hey...fook him. As long as we get a good price we should come out better for it in the long run.

Oh and i was thinkin bout changin my avatar anyway... :winkold:

MON needs to get rid of him.. I'd speak to man city before he even got back and tell them £10m plus bellemy and Ireland.

the 2 positions Milner had made his name in the last 2 years are covered by 2 better and more experience players, plus with extra intensity in the

midfield which in eyes has looked a little light weight since Nigel fell out of favour!!

then with a starting 11 of friedel, cuellar, Dunne, Collins, warnock, petrov, reo-coker, young, Ireland, bellemy and gabby up front on his own!! sorted!!

Of course MON has known this for weeks and shortlisted targets. Still interested in the fact that Milner himself has said nothing yet, or handed in a transfer request, just the word of MON that he wants to leave.

CALL THE SIDWELL DEAL OFF...CALL THE **** SIDWELL DEAL OFF!!!

Haha, made i chuckle, which is a bad thing as I'm supposed to be working and my cover has now been blown.

I wonder how many people are running round like the little men on your avatar after the recent news? :lol:

CALL THE SIDWELL DEAL OFF...CALL THE **** SIDWELL DEAL OFF!!!

Haha, made i chuckle, which is a bad thing as I'm supposed to be working and my cover has now been blown.

I wonder how many people are running round like the little men on your avatar after the recent news? :lol:

Its not an avatar, its a view from a hidden camera in Martin's Office.

Yeah. As easy as that,

like an echo from the barry threads last year - surely he's known for long enough that others were interested and so has a contingency plan in place?

You'd hope so.

On a seperate note, I wonder how much of the Milner money O'Neill will want, and have to spend.