• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the big deal about so called 'sell-to-buy'? Name a club that doesn't (apart from City).

Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea...feck me, even the Noses have spunked shit loads! :x

Chelsea I'll give you, but all the others also have to sell players to balance books. Where else does our money come from?

even if we do have to sell to but why the F*CK ARE WE TELLING PEOPLE???!!! Sureley ridiculously stupid strategy?

You mean.. Why are the papers making it up and then telling people?

Errrmmmm, no, why did Oneil just say it in an interview. :? Duuuhhhh

even if we do have to sell to but why the F*CK ARE WE TELLING PEOPLE???!!! Sureley ridiculously stupid strategy?

Dont be silly, whats better?

a) Telling everyone we are on a sell to buy basis, and dont have shit loads of cash?

or

B) We have plenty of money in the transfer pot and intend on spending the lot?

Dont be silly, whats better?

a) Telling everyone we are on a sell to buy basis, and dont have shit loads of cash?

or

B) We have plenty of money in the transfer pot and intend on spending the lot?

I understand your position, but A) leaves us at a big disadvantage when negotiating deals for selling our players B) is self explanatory, so I would go with a C) Either keep completely quiet, or say we've got a very limited transfer budget, but we don't necessarily need to sell.

Milner can p*ss right off. Villa gives him the chance to shine and play in a WC and this is how he repays us.

The £30m will come in handy though. No player is bigger than the club.

The real worry is that this shows how much of a joke the league has become thanks to the new Man City. No club will be allowed to build a team. Citeh will just come in a hoover up any talent, like Rangers and Celtic have done in Scotland for years.

We are truly a third rate club now in terms of the type of players we can buy and hang on to. You have City (who can afford anyone and pay the wages to get them), then the Sky 4 and possible Spuds, and then us and Everton.

Depressing but it's somethign we will have t get used to.

if the truth be told you can't blame milner for wanting a move, with the size of our current squad and the lack of money avaliable for mon to spend, we don't look like finishing in the top six, never mind top four.

people need to get real and realize that we wont be buying the likes of defoe, huntelaar and sneijder, but we will probably end up with keane,parker and mcgeady.

Call it blind faith if you will, but until Randy or Paul Faulkner prove me otherwise, we have absolutely no reason to doubt their business acumen or strategy.

at the end of the day, if milner doesnt want to play for us, then in my book he can piss off and play for someone else. Got no problem with that, as long as we got a lot of money, e.g 30 million and get some GOOD players in, e.g Ireland, Bellamy, Parker, Keane... that sort of player because realistically as the above poster commented on, we will not attract the big name players!

If he wants to go lets just get it over and done with quickly so we have some time to get someone else in!!

Think he is making a mistake, but thats his choice.

Good luck James.

if the truth be told you can't blame milner for wanting a move, with the size of our current squad and the lack of money avaliable for mon to spend, we don't look like finishing in the top six, never mind top four.

people need to get real and realize that we wont be buying the likes of defoe, huntelaar and sneijder, but we will probably end up with keane,parker and mcgeady.

Almost a relief really. Got really excited there for a bit when Randy bought us and Mon became manager. Now sanity will return, it will be like putting on an old comfortable pair of slippers and reading the paper.

I imagine by stating Milner's availability it invites other clubs like Chelsea and Man United to submit bids at which point we'll have leverage to really take Man Shitty to the cleaners.

I think when your're offered 25-30 million for one player then most clubs would happily take the sell to buy policy - it's not an idictment on the transfer policy of any one club. Just a reflection of the transfer market.