• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone just please tell me who pete fraser is and how if he says James Milner wants to leave, then it means James Milner wants to leave?

Exactly what i was thinking, who is this guy?? And where are the quotes???

Live on SSN, the reporter said he had just spoken to MON and he said that milner wants to leave and he can go if Man City meet the price. They were direct quotes on the telibox so im sure that they could print an article up with the quotes in for you.

Can someone just please tell me who pete fraser is and how if he says James Milner wants to leave, then it means James Milner wants to leave?

Use your common sense, isn't obvious? He's a Sky Sports reporter, presumably out in Ireland at the moment.

but at the moment it may still be total bollocks might it - is my point.

Right - now theres a proper article with no quotes so it could still be bollocks. in fact its just the same story that it has been for months just reworded.

Milner can basically **** off and rot with the other Man City mercenaries.

A "model professional" they called him on SSN. Absolute and utter bollox, his actions are showing him to be just a pro, more interested in who he can screw more money out of. The club owe him nothing, in the whole scheme of things he owes us after taking him from that shower of Geordie shite twice. If he had stayed at NU would he have played in the last WC?

Milner the next Bosnich

you may be shocked ian...but i agree with you!

ladies and gents offically this is the day the games killed part of my love for football. money has taken over and now citeh have a super squad where on earth are they going to play him?

i just hope we rip the **** off and get 30m off them or 20m and a few players

as for you jimmy, you shown your true colours a money grabbing fool. you wont be playing each week and your england career will diminish in the next few seasons. your not bigger than the club and i ahve faith mon will replace you like he did with barry

cheerio

Expected it, prepared myself for it, but my heart still sank when I read it on the BBC website (although admittedly without quotes!).

As far as I'm concerned theres no point in keeping a player that wants to leave, especially when the Man £ity come calling. Yes he would be in the Gareth Barry mould of money grabbing ****. However, can you blame him? Same thing every season for The Villa, bright start, fade out. Little transfer activity or talk of players coming in. MON refusing to look outside the UK and if the rumour of him being replaced with Scott Parker is true, well that just sums MON up perfectly for me. Whilst I don't doubt Parkers abilities, is he really the type of player a club with supposed big four ambitions (LOL) should be chasing? However £20m + Ireland and I'd personally drive him up to Manchester myself...

If the BBC are publishing it, then thats about as reliable as you can get without any direct quotes.

the BBC who wouldnt even commit to that photo being the actual photo of the whale hitting the boat have linked this directly to MON so IMO its pretty safe

I don't know why this is a shock..it's been leaked for a while out of VP that Mr Milner has been offered a ridiculous amount

of £££s as an incentive to leave for Middle Eastlands..

Let him go... they bought Barry last summer for about £12M off us in similar circumstances and we got Dunne later on.

As things ran their course over the season I think MON can be quite pleased... If we land Stephen Ireland & lose

Moneybags Milner, then so be it.

Spuds lost Berbatov,& others but they ain't looked back since

But the overall idea that we seem reluctant to spend the relevant amount of money to finish top 4 means that I will be even more happier wioth a top 6 finish next season

Hmmm, I really wouldn't look at Cole going to Liverpool as an example of us being reluctant to spend. After all, he turned down a club that was in the top 4 in order to go there. I'll be more interested to see what happens if and when Milner moves. And in a situation where I felt we weren't spending sufficiently, I wouldn't adjust my expectations downwards and be happy with 6th, I'd adjust my opinion of the board in the same way that we used to moan about the previous board not spending sufficiently. That's all hypothetical at the moment because IMO it hasn't actually happened yet. Just saying that you shouldn't (IMV) shift the bar of what would make you happy. We're going for top 4. The only thing that should change is our view of how capable the board is of delivering that.

I never boo former players but i think i'll break that habit for Judas Jimmy when he comes back to Villa Park. I hope his career goes down the drain.

I just don't get this.

We signed him for £12 million.

He's played well for a couple of years.

We'll sell him for double that.

It's a pretty good deal all round to me.

I would just like to ask all the people being negative..why? Did you really think his head hadnt been turned the minute the 1st offer came in? The fact that he has never once came out and denied it?

I say thank James Milner, thank you for your service and thank you for the £25-30m we are about to recieve!

Lets all just face fact...Villa are better with £25-30m in the arse pocket to rebuild a team, than keeping hold of James Milner for another season and against his will to be here.

Lets look on the positive side, true or not Villa will have to now comment on this.

If it's true then i think City will be keen to get it done quickly as i can see another couple of teams entering the bidding and City will be wary of this! Anything over 25mil will be a good deal for us or 15mil and Ireland. Milner is a very good player but for 25mil+ we can make the squad much stronger than if we keep him.

Loyal players are hard to come by

This irritates me too. If he started playing badly would we stay loyal to him? As fans we always want it one way. As players they do too. There's no real middle ground.

All I ask is that a player doesn't go whining to the press as Barry did, and he hasn't.