• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We dont go to watch a sporting spectacle, we go to support OUR club.

Of whom they are paid employees, not supporters.

If West Brom offered the Holte Suite bar staff double the wages we offered them would you expect them to stay?

If West Brom offered the Holte Suite bar staff double the wages we offered them would you expect them to stay?

Yes, because they would have to work in West Bromwich. :winkold:

Joking aside, you have a point.

Yes, we won the European Cup. Did you not know this?

I didn't make myself clear here. The joke was that you'd won the Euopean Cup last season, but after reading it back, it didn't actually sound like that. Must try harder.

Definition of top club, let me see...

Top club

Basically, it wouldn't matter if the Grand Emperor of the Andromeda Galaxy landed and bought your club with a billion tons of Alien wargold. You'll only ever be the Birmingham City of Manchester.

Right, so if you're a top club because you won the CL 28 years ago, does that make Forest a bigger club than you? As I say, define your terms of a top club, linking to Wikipedia isn't an argument.

And I'm happy with our position in comparison to United. They're one of the worlds biggest clubs, and we are nowhere near (and won't be for a long time) the size of them. It doesn't bother me in the slightest to be honest, I've grown up in Manchester my whole life and know enough about them and their fans to be comfortable to not be one of them.

Yes, we won the European Cup. Did you not know this?

I didn't make myself clear here. The joke was that you'd won the Euopean Cup last season, but after reading it back, it didn't actually sound like that. Must try harder.

Definition of top club, let me see...

Top club

Basically, it wouldn't matter if the Grand Emperor of the Andromeda Galaxy landed and bought your club with a billion tons of Alien wargold. You'll only ever be the Birmingham City of Manchester.

Right, so if you're a top club because you won the CL 28 years ago, does that make Forest a bigger club than you? As I say, define your terms of a top club, linking to Wikipedia isn't an argument.

And I'm happy with our position in comparison to United. They're one of the worlds biggest clubs, and we are nowhere near (and won't be for a long time) the size of them. It doesn't bother me in the slightest to be honest, I've grown up in Manchester my whole life and know enough about them and their fans to be comfortable to not be one of them.

You've dragged me out of bed to type this message on the computer, after viewing the thread on my phone.

I'm utterly astounded by some of your comments. I must remember you are just ONE Manchester City fan, and the majority are not like you. I live in Mancunia, have done since I was 8 years old, it's a beautiful place full of wonderful Citeh fans. You, however, are not one of them.

How dare you say the best thing about Randy Lerner is that he isn't Doug Ellis. I'd tell you to go ask my Granddad about the old so great Doug Ellis, the man who stopped him from going to watch his football team play for well over 15 years. The man cost us for many, many years. Unfortunately, my Granddad never got to go to VP and witness the Lerner takeover, he'll be smiling upstairs though, I assure you. Just wish he was there to see Ron Saunders make his first appearance back at VP over a similar time period - would have brought a tear to his eye for sure. He talked about that man with such emotion. Randy Lerner has been a godsend to this GREAT football club. I don't need to list what he has done in his short reign, you can "google" and "wiki" that.

Won a European Cup 28 years ago? You dismiss it with such animosity and contempt. My Dad and Granddad went to that final. We have pictures around the house of that glorious day, the glorious day my dad and granddad went to go watch their football team, Aston Villa, win the European Cup - the highest accolade in European club football. Doesn't matter if it was 8 years ago, 28 years ago, 280 years ago, we've won it. Manchester United, Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa. That's an almighty list my Mancunian friend, not. The list speaks volumes. When my Dad tells me about that day, I see it in his eyes and I hear it in his voice, it's real, it was genuine, it was the most amazing day of his life, so don't you dare dismiss it as something the Villa won "28 years ago". To many people on this message board it felt like yesterday.

James Milner may go to Manchester City, so what if he does. I don't know about everyone on this message board; but I support the VILLA. I live down the road from both these Manchester Clubs, and yet you'll find me driving down the M6 every other Saturday to go watch MY team, MY club, MY life. Win, lose or draw, it doesn't matter. Aston Villa is so much more than that, you City fans used to feel that way too. God help me if I ever end up dismissing fellow football fans like you.

Just remember, the pen is mightier than the sword! Stop being so arrogant, it only makes you look foolish.

Up the Villa!!!!

You've dragged me out of bed to type this message on the computer, after viewing the thread on my phone.

I'm utterly astounded by some of your comments. I must remember you are just ONE Manchester City fan, and the majority are not like you. I live in Mancunia, have done since I was 8 years old, it's a beautiful place full of wonderful Citeh fans. You, however, are not one of them.

How dare you say the best thing about Randy Lerner is that he isn't Doug Ellis. I'd tell you to go ask my Granddad about the old so great Doug Ellis, the man who stopped him from going to watch his football team play for well over 15 years. The man cost us for many, many years. Unfortunately, my Granddad never got to go to VP and witness the Lerner takeover, he'll be smiling up stairs though, I assure you. The man has been a godsend to this GREAT football club.

Won a European Cup 28 years ago? You dismiss it with such animosity and contempt. My Dad and Granddad went to that final. We have pictures around the house of that glorious day, the glorious day my dad and granddad went to go watch their football team, Aston Villa, win the European Cup - the highest accolade in European club football. Doesn't matter if it was 8 years ago, 28 years ago, 280 years ago, we've won it. Manchester United, Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa. That's an all mighty list my Mancunian friend, not. The list speaks volumes. When my Dad tells me about that day, I see it in his eyes and I hear it in his voice, it's real, it was genuine, it was the most amazing day of his life, so don't you dare dismiss it as something the Villa won "28 years ago". To many people on this message board it felt like yesterday.

James Milner may go to Manchester City, so what if he does. I don't know about everyone on this message board; but I support the VILLA. I live down the road from both these Manchester Clubs, and yet you'll find me driving down the M6 every other Saturday to go watch MY team, MY club, MY life. Win, lose or draw, it doesn't matter. Aston Villa is so much more than that, you City fans used to feel that way too. God help me if I ever end up dismissing fellow football fans like you.

Just remember, the pen is mightier than the sword!

Up the Villa!!!!

**** top post Jas :clap::clap::clap:

I accept that and fully agree. It would just be nice if some players showed some loyalty. Though I'm not expecting it from anyone.

Another person who feels perfectly entitled to give an opinion on somebody's character because they've read a post they've written on the internet. You are correct when you say that most City fans aren't like me. If you think I'm bad, you should try and visit us on Bluemoon.

How dare you say the best thing about Randy Lerner is that he isn't Doug Ellis. I'd tell you to go ask my Granddad about the old so great Doug Ellis, the man who stopped him from going to watch his football team play for well over 15 years. The man cost us for many, many years. Unfortunately, my Granddad never got to go to VP and witness the Lerner takeover, he'll be smiling up stairs though, I assure you. The man has been a godsend to this GREAT football club.

I didn't say that, I said that Lerner is the best thing that has happened to you, because he isn't a dick like Ellis. Re-read my post.

Won a European Cup 28 years ago? You dismiss it with such animosity and contempt. My Dad and Granddad went to that final. We have pictures around the house of that glorious day, the glorious day my dad and granddad went to go watch their football team, Aston Villa, win the European Cup - the highest accolade in European club football. Doesn't matter if it was 8 years ago, 28 years ago, 280 years ago, we've won it. Manchester United, Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa. That's an all mighty list my Mancunian friend, not. The list speaks volumes. When my Dad tells me about that day, I see it in his eyes and I hear it in his voice, it's real, it was genuine, it was the most amazing day of his life, so don't you dare dismiss it as something the Villa won "28 years ago". To many people on this message board it felt like yesterday.

Right, so what you are saying, is that winning a European Cup in living memory means that you're a top club? Just as Forest must be twice as big as you then? I can dismiss it as something Villa won "28 years ago", because..well...err...Villa won it 28 years ago. I know it's a pain in the arse, but unfortunately, facts are more important than emotional, sycophantic and utterly pointless rants on a forum about your grandad. You fail to address absolutely any point, and your main argument seems to be "you're a bad man because you thought that something that happened nearly three decades ago is irrelevant to the current standing of the team".

Didn't you dismiss me in the first paragraph of your rant?

Besides, don't try and talk to City fans all about loyalty mate, especially the ones who have been to all the divisions that we have been. From Rotherham, to Santander, to the Faroe Islands and everywhere in between. I've watched my club stand in the shadow of the biggest club in the world, in their most successful ever period, during our worst ever period of time, watching from a stand that didn't even have a roof on it. I loved and supported my club when we were in Division Two and nearly bankrupt. I will still love and support my club when we are rich and chasing the Champions League. It doesn't stop because we were taken over by Sheikh Mansour (who if people bothered to read anything up on, would stop with their bullshit stereotypical views of 'rich Arabs'), just as it didn't stop when we were ran by Peter Swales.

The one thing that City has always been is a big family. This is an often overused saying, but the facts of it bare out with reality. We invest a shedload in our local area, we support fans in trouble, hell, the yearly meetup/pissup for forum that I'm an admin on was held at City for free and included a gig from Manford. We have always looked after each other and we continue to to this day. Don't think that because many dickheads who haven't a clue about football spout their nonsense about my club, that we have turned into what they say. We are still the same people who were pulling in 30 thousand fans in Division Two.

I constantly hear the 'classless lottery winners' tag, and y'know what? We did win the lottery, but **** it. I've watched my club go from near bankruptcy to near bankruptcy, and consistently snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. We as a club were wrecked by Swales in the 80s and never really recovered until now. I have spent my whole life following a team whose biggest day out in recent years was a draw against Gillingham. So perhaps, at times, we do come across as inpatient or disrespectful or whatever but I don't think I particularly care that much. We've been laughed at for years and always handled it with our trademark gallows humour, why can't we have our 15 minutes of success before we revert back to type and inevitably find some way to **** up having trillionaire owners?

I'm just hoping that we win the Champions League before some bastard invents a good solar powered car or something. Knowing our luck, someone will run over Tevez in one the day before the derby.

Oh, whilst I've been ranting over here, we seemed to have concluded negotiations for David Silva, so this will probably have an impact on what we will do about Milner.

EDIT: With Valencia I mean, not with the player. With Toure and Silva bids sorted, I imagine that our next priority is to put together a package for Milner so expect a new bid over the next few days. The Sun is already saying that a £25m deal with Milner on £80k a week is done, though I'd take that with a pinch of salt right now.

City to launch £100m spending spree - but no Milner

Man City have lined up a stunning £100million triple swoop this week for Yaya Toure, David Silva and Edin Dzeko - but a proposed move for James Milner is in doubt.

Ivory Coast midfielder Toure, 27, is set to be the first to join Roberto Mancini's Eastlands shake-up this week for £28m from Barcelona.

But Valencia's attacking midfielder Silva, 24, is also expected to agree to join for around £30m despite being away on international duty with his native Spain.

And Man City are willing to splash a massive £36m on Wolfsburg striker Dzeko, 24, who scored 27 goals in 46 appearances last season for the German club.

The triple swoop will end up costing City, bankrolled by Abu Dhabi cash, an astonishing £100m.

The arrival of Bosnia & Herzegovina forward Dzeko will be a huge coup as he has been chased by Manchester United, Chelsea and a host of top European sides.

But City's hierarchy have put securing the signatures of midfielder Toure and Silva ahead of Milner.

And England ace Milner, 24, has told pals he has received no firm recent guarantees that Man City will return with another bid for him.

Aston Villa rejected an opening £18m bid plus £2m in add-ons from City earlier this summer for versatile midfielder Milner.

Villa are holding out for around £28m which looks hugely overpriced given England's dismal World Cup campaign after a last 16 thrashing to Germany.

Milner has told friends he has no intention of handing in a transfer request in a bid to get a move to Eastlands.

But it appears Villa will have to drop their asking price for the star if he is to push through a move to City.

Milner could still end up at Eastlands as City need to boost their quota of homegrown players for this season.

But City's hesitancy to pay over the odds for Milner could let in Chelsea and Man United who both fancy the midfielder and may offer him a better chance of starting.

Milner performed creditably against Slovenia and was one of the few England players to turn in a reasonable display against Germany before being subbed.

Mirror

Oh, whilst I've been ranting over here, we seemed to have concluded negotiations for David Silva, so this will probably have an impact on what we will do about Milner.

EDIT: With Valencia I mean, not with the player. With Toure and Silva bids sorted, I imagine that our next priority is to put together a package for Milner so expect a new bid over the next few days. The Sun is already saying that a £25m deal with Milner on £80k a week is done, though I'd take that with a pinch of salt right now.

I knew it along a "Sun reader"

good for you,Silva is a pile of shit anyway,he'll get kicked up and down English grounds next year then give a rant saying the league is to though and he wants to head back to Spain..