What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

People on here who think Milner wont go to Man city are deluded. Stop being biased and get real. The chance to earn 100k+ a week will tempt most footballers.

I hate the money in football too, but its real and Man City have it.

I dont want Milner to go either but kidding yourself into thinking he is definately going to stay is ludicrous. Yes, he may well stay but if the right money is on the table Villa will take it, and so will James Milner.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skysports.com understands Manchester City have tabled a big money offer for Aston Villa winger James Milner.

The England international enjoyed a sparkling 2009/10 campaign, considerably raising his profile.

Reports in January speculated that a number of top clubs were keeping tabs on the talented 24-year-old, with it widely believed that there is still more to come from him in the future.

City have now made the first move, with it believed that Roberto Mancini is willing to part with around £20million to take the reigning PFA Young Player of the Year to Eastlands.

It is easy to understand why the Blues are so keen on the former Leeds and Newcastle man, as he has just finished his most productive season to date.

A respectable return of 12 goals from midfield marks him out as a useful addition to any side, while his versatility can also prove priceless.

Busy summer

Milner is able to operate on either flank or at full-back, while he blossomed in the centre of midfield for Villa since being shifted inside by Martin O'Neill.

He has been included in Fabio Capello's preliminary squad for this summer's World Cup and is widely regarded as a shoo-in to make the final cut.

Villa have yet to respond to the offer on the table from City but will be reluctant to part with their key performers.

Unfortunately for O'Neill, there are plenty of other teams rumoured to be ready to make a move and he could be in for a busy summer.

Premier League champions Chelsea are also said to be keen on Milner and they could be tempted to chance their arm in an effort to prevent one of their rivals from strengthening their squad.

Sky sports

Skysports.com understands is a euphemism for talking out of our arses.

By the way, Blue Moon people who are reading this thread right now.....can post this:

You will need more than £20 million for Milner, our most influential player and the current golden boy. Last year we scared teams away with a price tag of £30 million and I'm sure the same if not more will be on Milner. We are not looking to sell our best players and I really don't think we will this summer either.

Sky Sports said we had agreed a deal with Spurs for Kevin Prince two years ago. They might be more accurate but it's still shite.

(I think they may have got confused with the Routledge signing. I quite like the thought of KPB being here now!)

Ok thought i would chip in with my thoughts on the Milner to City thing for what it's worth!

Sky sports quoting 20m? ..NO CHANCE!! :shock:

Do they really think we would be stupid enough to let him go for peanuts?!

Everything is in our favour here surely?

1. His age

2. The fact he is Englands hottest young prospect at the mo & that in a key position.

3. He is British so like gold dust with the new "8 british players" rule coming in soon.

4. According to rumours the top 3 teams Man City, Man Utd & Chelsea are all after him 2 of those being the richest clubs in the World!!!

5. Man City have already made a rod for their own backs by paying what they did for Lescott & 1 or 2 others.. Milner is younger, hotter & plays in arguably the most important position on the pitch & can play in other positions too!!

6. We have no real need to sell as Lerner has promised funds are avaliable anyway... Ok it would boost those funds but then we would still have to replace him & everybody would then over-charge us for all our signings making the money practically worthless anyways!!

7. He is really happy at VP & was desperate to come back to us after his 1st spell here (but for that idiot Newcastle owner). So after finally finding his "Home" would he really want to leave so soon when everything is going so well?

8. He is just about to showcase his talents on the biggest stage possible in a World Cup finals... Surely this means to accept any price now would simply be stupid as his value could sky rocket in a few weeks time?!

Have to say you can kind of see the benefit of MON's buy British policy now though with this new "8 Brits rule" coming in.. Surely it puts us in a massively strong position?

So for me start looking at 35-40m & maybe that would be worth considering... to let him go for less would be giving away the 1st really powerfull position we have had for a long long time surely?

I'm more inclined to believe the words of our owner that Milner won't be sold rather than the word of what remains utter speculation with no quotes attributed to either club or player. I won't believe anything written until I hear/read officially from the club.

Is Milner that much better than Ireland? The latter had a superb season 2 years ago when played on a regular basis. Am I the only one that thinks a swap plus cash could be great business for us? Milner is a great young player but he isn't a world beater. Nows the time to cash in.

Is Milner that much better than Ireland?

Yes. Yes, he is.

There's a good reason why there are stories about Ireland potentially leaving Man City for £6-10m and Milner potentially leaving Villa for £24-30m.

Sky Sports are more accurate than anything else.

No they're not really, if the BBC said they understood such and such you can be sure they got that information from a good source while Sky will say anything.

Is Milner that much better than Ireland? The latter had a superb season 2 years ago when played on a regular basis. Am I the only one that thinks a swap plus cash could be great business for us? Milner is a great young player but he isn't a world beater. Nows the time to cash in.

I think the thing is that everybody is about to juggle for position on the "8 Brits" rule. We currently have a very strong hand with Milner, Young x 2, Gabby, Heskey, Warnock, Downing, Delfounso, Dunne, Reo Coker etc etc all falling into this catergory (with possibly the exception of Dunne). That gives us 7 international quality brits & Delfounso as a possible 8th.

Surely that puts us in a fantastically strong position? Why ruin that when it could see us challenging right at the top when this rule kicks in?

As for Stephen Ireland does he qualify as a brit? Am sure it is only Northern Irish players but isn't he Republic of Ireland?.. Good player it seems but surely something has to be not quite right if he can't get a game? Also don't see any top 4 sides going for him either which seems to tell a story?

I think Milner will go and if we get a bid close to £30m or a decent player plus cash deal then I would take it!

He's a good player but I don't think he's as good as some make out and I actually would prefer it if he wasn't in centre midfield anyway!

I think if City are serious about this then they will sign him. We can try to put them off like we did Liverpool with Barry, but the difference here is that to City money is no object, they can spend millions and millions on whoever they want as it is just a drop in the ocean to them. We will get a very good deal from it because we don't need to sell, but I really hope the reports aren't true.

no, no, no, a thousand times NO. We are NOT a selling club, Bluemancs can bugger off. we are The Villa, the Lion is on the march and we have our own business to attend to, and that business includes James Milner, thankyou very much.

If City offered us Needum Onouha and Stephen Ireland + £15 Million. I'd take it personally. Good replacement aswell as another very good defender who can play RB and CB. Plus if that £15 Million is spent on a very good striker than it's a good deal.

I wouldn't do just cash only though.