The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Haven't seen it, but All Out is rated higher at the moment than All In on Cagematch - which is kind of extraordinary given the circumstances. 

I really must try and keep up with AEW. 

Edited by hogso

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Haven't seen it, but All Out is rated higher at the moment than All In on Cagematch - which is kind of extraordinary given the circumstances. 

I really must try and keep up with AEW. 

I watched it and thats bizarre as all all in was 10x better than all out.

Also the atmosphere was dead in Chicago. Obviously the whole punk episode. Surprisingly there was hardly any cm punk chants from what i heard

Edited by Demitri_C

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If thats the case i hope punks career is over. Khan gave him a opportunity to revive his failed career and thats how he repays him. clearing in the woods.

Failed UFC figher, failed aew 

Good riddance

I don't think you're being very fair here.

Punk has obviously handled things very badly, but there's more to this than has been mentioned here. Many people backstage had asked Jack Perry not to do the spot with real glass, and he wasn't having it. They asked Punk to say something to him, which he did, and then Perry not only does the spot but also mocks Punk with his "Cry Me A River" comment on live TV directly afterwards. If I was Punk I'd be very annoyed that not only did Perry mock him, but also not do what he'd been told by the management and bookers. Tony Khan's lack of control and the lack of fallout for anything backstage for previous incidents has led to this.

Punk is obviously a ship's cat, but AEW backstage is unprofessional and disorganized. This has been proven time and again and is beyond dispute. I don't think its in any way fair Punk is being made the scapegoat.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I don't think you're being very fair here.

Punk has obviously handled things very badly, but there's more to this than has been mentioned here. Many people backstage had asked Jack Perry not to do the spot with real glass, and he wasn't having it. They asked Punk to say something to him, which he did, and then Perry not only does the spot but also mocks Punk with his "Cry Me A River" comment on live TV directly afterwards. If I was Punk I'd be very annoyed that not only did Perry mock him, but also not do what he'd been told by the management and bookers. Tony Khan's lack of control and the lack of fallout for anything backstage for previous incidents has led to this.

Punk is obviously a ship's cat, but AEW backstage is unprofessional and disorganized. This has been proven time and again and is beyond dispute. I don't think its in any way fair Punk is being made the scapegoat.

Yes and no

So what if perry mocked CM punk? You cant keep acting like a hooligan and then have the owner of the company be put in danger. He is notorious for falling out  with people. Not with the elite in aew but in wwe too. He also was rude to regal and called him a 'triple h stooge' jungle boys been punished as well so thats him for his part.

The part i do agree with you on is how unorgansied and badly run the company is. Khan needs stop acting like a weak fanboy  and someone that owns the company with strong leadership 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

So what if perry mocked CM punk? You cant keep acting like a hooligan and then have the owner of the company be put in danger. He is notorious for falling out  with people. Not with the elite in aew but in wwe too. He also was rude to regal and called him a 'triple h stooge' jungle boys been punished as well so thats him for his part.

I did say Punk was out of order the way he reacted, but his frustration is understandable, in my opinion. He was asked by the management team to have a word with Perry as he wasn't listening to them, and then Perry does it anyway. 

I don't get why anyone would have a problem with Regal, it's another example of how much of a loudmouth Punk is. I agree with you wholeheartedly there.

22 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I did say Punk was out of order the way he reacted, but his frustration is understandable, in my opinion. He was asked by the management team to have a word with Perry as he wasn't listening to them, and then Perry does it anyway. 

I don't get why anyone would have a problem with Regal, it's another example of how much of a loudmouth Punk is. I agree with you wholeheartedly there.

All comes to your original point regarding perry - weak management.  I personally would have turned this into a big angle. This would have been tv gold. 

But you can't behave your a animal. I do wonder what people like kingston HMP and the other elite members make of this.

Id be stunned if punk ever enters a wrestling ring again

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

All comes to your original point regarding perry - weak management.  I personally would have turned this into a big angle. This would have been tv gold. 

But you can't behave your a animal. I do wonder what people like kingston HMP and the other elite members make of this.

Id be stunned if punk ever enters a wrestling ring again

The whole situation was a mess from Punk not being picked up at the air port to what happened backstage after, the glass spot was a reference to a slight altercation on Collision involving Punk and Perry a week or so prior (which proves what Punk said about talent not listening to coaches) months ago .  AEW lack leadership I think the situation and how it should have been handled lies somewhere in between The Elite & friends/Perry + Punk have been incredibly unprofessional the way the company is being run isn’t sustainable.

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

The whole situation was a mess from Punk not being picked up at the air port to what happened backstage after, the glass spot was a reference to a slight altercation on Collision involving Punk and Perry a week or so prior (which proves what Punk said about talent not listening to coaches) months ago .  AEW lack leadership I think the situation and how it should have been handled lies somewhere in between The Elite & friends/Perry + Punk have been incredibly unprofessional the way the company is being run isn’t sustainable.

Its amateur hour and you can tell the inmates run the place with all the flippy shit and no selling. Its not wrestling

Punk comes across as an egomaniac but this time it has the smell of a set up. AEW or the EVPs orchestrated it to get rid of him once and for all. Kevin Nash was right, AEW has no leaders and WWE wouldnt have allowed this shit to go on

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Punk comes across as an egomaniac but this time it has the smell of a set up. AEW or the EVPs orchestrated it to get rid of him once and for all. Kevin Nash was right, AEW has no leaders and WWE wouldnt have allowed this shit to go on

For as bad as Punk is, how long did he last in WWE where he hated it in comparison to AEW? Not counting injuries and the time he missed due to the backstage "incident", how long was he with AEW for? A year? Shows how much more unprofessional it really is.

I don't agree with his more extreme views, but Cornette's view of this incident and also the people running AEW is bang on.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its amateur hour and you can tell the inmates run the place with all the flippy shit and no selling. Its not wrestling

Yup it’s been a steady decline since Cody left yes big names came through the door but storyline wise it’s been pretty directionless , Collisions has been the only show I’ve been able to sit through from start to finish recently I wonder why that was? It’s a shame that such a promising promotion has come to this.

Are there really any smarks who are actually surprised by the AEW product though? I don't think so. It was always going to be a big budget PWG / ROH mash up, and that's what it is. 

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Yup it’s been a steady decline since Cody left yes big names came through the door but storyline wise it’s been pretty directionless , Collisions has been the only show I’ve been able to sit through from start to finish recently I wonder why that was? It’s a shame that such a promising promotion has come to this.

I have to say i really dont like collison.  The intro music is terrible, the commentary team is bad (kevin kelly ergh) and I its overall a poor ahow. I much prefer Dynamite 

This might be controversial but i think he should bring in someone like bischoff in to help him run things.  Khan needs a experienced head in there ans i think he can add value there in terms of storylines

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I have to say i really dont like collison.  The intro music is terrible, the commentary team is bad (kevin kelly ergh) and I its overall a poor ahow. I much prefer Dynamite 

This might be controversial but i think he should bring in someone like bischoff in to help him run things.  Khan needs a experienced head in there ans i think he can add value there in terms of storylines

Dynamite used to be awesome but now it’s just random matches without any build thrown together the only storyline the kept going in recent months was MJF - Cole.  

3 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Dynamite used to be awesome but now it’s just random matches without any build thrown together the only storyline the kept going in recent months was MJF - Cole.  

I agree with that but same with collison its just random matches. Why didnt they before announcing collison have like a draft and then have a tournament for a collison world champ? They also have too many belts.

World title, international, TNT, triple titles tag titles, not to mention they have ROH titles defended on here. Its a mess

Have one world title each show and one secondary 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree with that but same with collison its just random matches. Why didnt they before announcing collison have like a draft and then have a tournament for a collison world champ? They also have too many belts.

World title, international, TNT, triple titles tag titles, not to mention they have ROH titles defended on here. Its a mess

Have one world title each show and one secondary 

Collision built the house of black strong which led into a feud with the acclaimed,  elevated Ricky Starks, gave Bullet Club Gold a direction. Andrade was finally getting over it was leading to the reintroduction of LFI. The show was building on the same talent each week. And yes I agree with you on the titles they could have used the RoH titles on Collision or Rampage for that matter .

Edited by gwi1890

22 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Ah come on!  No Honky Tonk Man coming out to try and preserve his record?

I mean no one on this planet thought gable would win. At least make it someone who you think MIGHT stand a chance.

Again so trash booking by wwe.

Hopi ngg for gunter vs lesnar at WM. That would have been epic

Â