The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

• 3 weeks later...

I think we have been conned

Aew all in is 4 weeks no card annouced. Furthermore the PPV all out is a few days later on September 3rd in Chicago.

So this wont be a major ppv like the impression they were giving. They will save all the big matches for that ppv and we gonna get a shit to average show i bet.

Ffs tony khan. I might sell my ticket

I'm sure there will be a bit more of a build now, although I have heard talk that Ospreay may face Jericho, which I wouldn't personally be a fan of. 

On the topic of All In, and at the risk of sounded like a complete idiot...I cannot find any record of a ticket in my emails. I can log in to the Wembley site and see confirmation of my booking, but I don't have an actual e-ticket. Is that just me?

Also of interest to some may be the current season of Dark Side of the Ring. The Chris Candido, Abdullah the Butcher, Junkyard Dog and Bam Bam Bigelow episodes were all decent, and this week it's Bash at the Beach 2000.

50 minutes ago, hogso said:

Also of interest to some may be the current season of Dark Side of the Ring. The Chris Candido, Abdullah the Butcher, Junkyard Dog and Bam Bam Bigelow episodes were all decent, and this week it's Bash at the Beach 2000.

Watched them all so and the I found the Chris Candido one quite moving.

On 22/07/2023 at 19:30, Demitri_C said:

I think we have been conned

Aew all in is 4 weeks no card annouced. Furthermore the PPV all out is a few days later on September 3rd in Chicago.

So this wont be a major ppv like the impression they were giving. They will save all the big matches for that ppv and we gonna get a shit to average show i bet.

Ffs tony khan. I might sell my ticket

I think that's a huge mistake if they don't put some big matches on. 

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think that's a huge mistake if they don't put some big matches on. 

The build for all in has been very poor. Im not a fan of wwe but MITB and clash at the castle were a much bigger build than aew have announced.

Literally zero matches announced and its a month away.

Osprey va Omega III WOULD BE AWESOME

16 hours ago, hogso said:

I'm sure there will be a bit more of a build now, although I have heard talk that Ospreay may face Jericho, which I wouldn't personally be a fan of. 

On the topic of All In, and at the risk of sounded like a complete idiot...I cannot find any record of a ticket in my emails. I can log in to the Wembley site and see confirmation of my booking, but I don't have an actual e-ticket. Is that just me?

Nope i havent got mine either still says coming soon which is wierd 

With dark side of the ring ive been watching it. Very very good. The chris candido one was very upsetting bit it really is a great show.

One of my fav episodes in the korean trip one 

All In has currently sold 77,470 tickets without a single match announced.

Matches will likely start getting unveiled, or feuds will start ramping up in intensity for All In starting this Wednesday at Dynamite 200.  

I know AEW fans in the UK want All In to be some kind of dream event, but I don't think Tony Khan is going to throw continuity out of the window just to set up 8 dream matches. I think the goal will be for All In to create matches for All Out, so many of them will have to make storyline sense. Of course, I could be wrong as Forbidden Door every year pretty much throws the script out the window to appease NJPW, but it depends if AEW see All In as a one off. If it's a one off then it'll probably be more dream match heavy, but if the plan is for All In and All Out to happen at this time of year every year then All In will likely be a regular PPV for better or worse. 

The lack of build is worrying. If it's a bad card or any of the matches aren't up to it the British fans have shown already they'll hijack the event and entertain themselves. If any of the wrestlers bite or get upset by it then the fans will only do it more. 77k upset fans would be a bad look for AEW.

I'm really not too concerned. AEW for the most part has gotten into a cadence of rolling feuds at a simmer until about a month before a PPV and then turning the heat up.

AEW used to build for a PPV for 3 whole months, but the fans would get tired of the feud before the match at the PPV even happened. Now, they still set feuds in motion, but they don't go full tilt until a few weeks out from the event. 

I fully expect things to start kicking into gear starting tomorrow at Dynamite 200. 

Need to get that pre-show VT meetup sorted!  Who's gonna be going?

8 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I fully expect things to start kicking into gear starting tomorrow at Dynamite 200. 

Not that I don't like Storm as a champ (though this Renegades/Originals feud has been tepid at best) but I either want a Shida win or the match to end with shenanigans resulting in a rematch at All In where Shida takes the belt.  From lockdown champion to packed stadium champion would be *chef kiss*.

• Like 2

On 21/04/2023 at 00:50, Chindie said:

Eddie Hall in the wrestling game? 

Obviously he's not got anywhere near the training to be legitimately good at it, but I dunno, he might be good value for a guest appearance or two somewhere?

Following on... Why they've used that logo I don't know but he's took part in a regional event. Nothing major, a slam and carrying a bloke, classic gimmick stunt slot. Looks worryingly like a shaved Zangief.

I still reckon if he committed to it he could get a decent gimmick career out of it. He's more than strong enough, he's got enough of a personality for it, he's starting to slim down from the true power gut thing and he's reasonably athletic for his size - before the strongman stuff he was a swimmer and I think did some diving as well. Obviously would depend on whether he could be arsed with it, which is a decent question given he's made solid money already, has a young family and doesn't seem like a guy who cares that much about anything else.

7 hours ago, Daweii said:

I'm really not too concerned. AEW for the most part has gotten into a cadence of rolling feuds at a simmer until about a month before a PPV and then turning the heat up.

AEW used to build for a PPV for 3 whole months, but the fans would get tired of the feud before the match at the PPV even happened. Now, they still set feuds in motion, but they don't go full tilt until a few weeks out from the event. 

Whats alarming for me is that the all out ppv is a few days later. They will be saving all the big matches for that. I expect a random card that will have no bearing on major storylineS/championships which for me feels like we have been conned abit. Not even wwe does this shot with events over here

I think cm punks going as is jericho. Worth going for the singalong for jerichos  song

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats alarming for me is that the all out ppv is a few days later. They will be saving all the big matches for that. I expect a random card that will have no bearing on major storylineS/championships which for me feels like we have been conned abit. Not even wwe does this shot with events over here

I think cm punks going as is jericho. Worth going for the singalong for jerichos  song

I mean sure if it works out like that then it won't be that great, but we're 26-days out which is 12-episodes of AEW TV (4 episodes of Dynamite, 4 episodes of Rampage, and 4 episodes of Collision). I think they have more than enough time to build to All In without throwing a card together. Now, we will have to wait and see of course, but I feel like AEW have more than enough time and almost every AEW PPV for the last 12-18 months has had 90-100% of its build happen in the 3-4 weeks before the PPV. Of course, this is slightly different because of All Out also happening, but All Out can also be partially booked based on the fallout from All In.

If a couple weeks from now the card is essentially random and boring then I'll be concerned, but the build hasn't really started yet for All In or All Out, so they're both in the same boat currently and both of them will likely be fine. 

9 hours ago, Daweii said:

I mean sure if it works out like that then it won't be that great, but we're 26-days out which is 12-episodes of AEW TV (4 episodes of Dynamite, 4 episodes of Rampage, and 4 episodes of Collision). I think they have more than enough time to build to All In without throwing a card together. Now, we will have to wait and see of course, but I feel like AEW have more than enough time and almost every AEW PPV for the last 12-18 months has had 90-100% of its build happen in the 3-4 weeks before the PPV. Of course, this is slightly different because of All Out also happening, but All Out can also be partially booked based on the fallout from All In.

If a couple weeks from now the card is essentially random and boring then I'll be concerned, but the build hasn't really started yet for All In or All Out, so they're both in the same boat currently and both of them will likely be fine. 

The biggest issue is all out PPV is like a week after all in.  I doubt they will want all in to over shadow all out as that will be a major ppv.

I think they will just jumble a lit of matches together that dont really have much meaning to the ppv or show

As you say though there are a few shows left so lets. Cm punk was the 1st wrestler to mention all in on a promo on collison this week. So hopefully khan gives us something soon.

He needs to make this a major ppv as he doesnt it will flop next time they try it

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Will Adam Cole turn heel on MJF or vice versa?   

I think MJF is an exceptional wrestling talent but I prefer him as a heel. 

This is what the big question is. I ahve two scenarios that i think this plays out. Rodderick strong turns in cole and aligns with heel MJF (would seem to make most sense) or cole throws a swerve and turns on MJF after MJF beats him. But the reason i dont think the second scenario will happen is strong. They are building something with him. 

Also when MJF said he is a scumbag i can see after he turns on cole saying i told you all i was scumbag promo

I feel like they're building to MJF vs CM Punk with both the AEW World Championship and the "Real" Worlds Championship on the line.

Now, CM Punk heeled it up big time last week on Collision, so given the best way to book a match is to have a face vs a heel I think MJF might be staying face, or at least as an anti-hero for a while. 

Â