90 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

This debate is going to be quite bizarre. They've banned clapping.

A solemn room of people is going to watch, silently, as 2 men in cultural uniform lie to each other whilst maintaining smiles and calm tones, while another stands there occasionally interjecting.

It's going to be like some bizarre religious ritual.

A solemn room of people is going to watch, silently, as 2 men in cultural uniform lie to each other whilst maintaining smiles and calm tones, while another stands there occasionally interjecting.

I just assumed it would be like the Chancellors debate ..only with out Vince Cable being smug and lying it will be Gordon instead

No the Chancellors debate allowed the audience to, in some way, partake by registering their approval.

However the Tories (IIRC) moaned that there was a bias in the clapping to Cable, and that him being stood in the middle made him look reasonable. So no clapping, no nothing. Tisn't fair.

I can only assume they'll solve the problem of someone being stood in the middle by arranging the three of them in a triangle or something.

So no clapping, no nothing. Tisn't fair.

sounds like a bundle of laughs

It is believed Cameron and Brown will be sitting next to each other, with Clegg sitting on the fence.

Minimum wage - considering how many Tory MP's and members of the shadow cabinet voted against its introduction - will they maintain it?

They absolutely will maintain it. Cameron has said himself. It would be political suicide to not uphold the minimum wage. All it would case is strikes and industrial action, and they need industry to pick up coming out of a recession.

Minimum wage - considering how many Tory MP's and members of the shadow cabinet voted against its introduction - will they maintain it?

They absolutely will maintain it. Cameron has said himself. It would be political suicide to not uphold the minimum wage. All it would case is strikes and industrial action, and they need industry to pick up coming out of a recession.

I agree and I think Cameron agrees as well. If anything the minimum wage should go up a little bit once we are out of recession.

One thing I agree that should be scrapped or certainly have the funding moved elsewhere is the Child Trust fund. Which I think the conservatives and Lib dems said they would do.

I can only assume they'll solve the problem of someone being stood in the middle by arranging the three of them in a triangle or something.

according to GMTV this morning, Clegg will be on the left and Green Dave in the middle.

Gordy will be on the right, apparently because he can't see properly so that will give him the best vision from his working eye. If he was in the middle, he wouldn't be able to see one of them!

If anything the minimum wage should go up a little bit once we are out of recession.

I find it interesting that labour want civil service jobs to have their own minimum wage, what they call a "living wage" at £7.60 an hour.

The conclusion you can draw from that is that anyone earning between the minimum wage, and £7.60 an hour, is clearly not living. If they think £7.60 is the wage you need to be earning to be able to "live", then how come they don't stick the minimum wage closer to it!

If anything the minimum wage should go up a little bit once we are out of recession.

I find it interesting that labour want civil service jobs to have their own minimum wage, what they call a "living wage" at £7.60 an hour.

The conclusion you can draw from that is that anyone earning between the minimum wage, and £7.60 an hour, is clearly not living. If they think £7.60 is the wage you need to be earning to be able to "live", then how come they don't stick the minimum wage closer to it!

exactly and I imagine it's another way of trying to pry more people into the civil service jobs than the private sector jobs.

then again Labour probably thinks the public sector is self sufficient and doesn't rely on the private sector to fund it.

then again with the parking fine i received basically under deception in Bury earlier this month I think perhaps by second paragraph is true.

Where did you get that from TD?

They've banned clapping.

Was there likely to have been much anyway? :P

How are they intending to uphold this ban? Are there going to be 'clap monitors' circling the audience, ready to pounce and forcibly eject anyone looking to register a reaction? Sounds like it might be more interesting than the actual debate. :D