90 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

Am I completely missing something regarding the fact that Lord Paul (who dontated £500k to the Labour party) has only just rescinded his non dom status (9th March)?

Also not forgetting the fact he was forced to stand down as deputy speaker of the house of lords for being completely incapable of explaining £38k of expenses including admitting he never stayed in a staff flat which he put down has his main residence!

and to add fuel to the fire, even Heer Dictator Mandelweasel wormed and wriggled out of giving any sort of clarification over other Labour Donors Mandelweasel

he really is Labours answer to Sauron

Oh KL - you really should avoid listening to the mail and the torygraph for your "facts" - sigh....... (and PS Mandweasel - it wasn't even humorous the first time you said it - at least Gideon is his real name!)

Loads of hypocricy around.

Pete, I'll post a reply for you later but my figures do include quangos and also civil servants contracted out but still based in govt offices (ie bits of the inland revenue)

and PS Mandweasel - it wasn't even humorous the first time you said it

Tell you what else isn't funny, the fact that this crook (and yes there is plenty of substance for that one) was made a Lord in the first place, holds a position of power in this country's govt of such magnitude and was not even elected by the people.

Mandelson, just another Tory crook, he just wears a red tie

Oh KL - you really should avoid listening to the mail and the torygraph for your "facts" - sigh....... (and PS Mandweasel - it wasn't even humorous the first time you said it - at least Gideon is his real name!)

sigh

not the torygraph

not the heil

"For a company to be successful - for it to benefit not just its shareholders but its workers and the community that it serves - its managers must act ethically," Lord Paul said

says the man who 'claimed £110,000 in expenses for living outside London despite owning a property with 25 luxury flats close to Westminster.'

and Madelweasel merely sums up his behavior and it wasn't even me that came up with that.

and PS Mandweasel - it wasn't even humorous the first time you said it

Tell you what else isn't funny, the fact that this crook (and yes there is plenty of substance for that one) was made a Lord in the first place, holds a position of power in this country's govt of such magnitude and was not even elected by the people.

Ah House of Lords argument - and you don;t mention Ashcroft - ah well we all know about that dont we

Crikey, so people who 'possibly' support Labour now call Labour party members that they don't like Tories?

There's nothing like conveniently packaging things up :winkold:

Minimum wage - considering how many Tory MP's and members of the shadow cabinet voted against its introduction - will they maintain it?

they'd just keep it and let it fall to an insignificant level. :winkold:

Minimum wage - considering how many Tory MP's and members of the shadow cabinet voted against its introduction - will they maintain it?

Your assuming Labour will loose Ian?

Its not cut and dry i though? :?

I am assuming nothing Jez - the question is if the Tory party were the Gvmt would they maintain the Minimum wage. Past history and voting records of those in the shadow gvmt would indicate that they would not

You try and defend Ashcroft Tony but the facts are there. The instances you mention are for people who are / were in Gvmt. Ashcroft has funded millions to the Tory party with private jets and the like, while avoiding taxes in the UK despite his assurances and his "boy" Hague that he would pay them.

Blair refused to fly in RAF VC-10 and TriStar aircraft because they were 'too old' and subsequently spent shitloads of taxpayers money on chartering private jets and the occasional BA 777, a habit that has continued with Gordo.

they'd just keep it and let it fall to an insignificant level. :winkold:

considering Cameron by his own admission admitted it turned out better than expected probably sounds out he has u-turned on his initial thoughts back in 1997.

Loads of hypocricy around.

This pretty much sums it up Richard.

If your a Red then the Tories are scum and do terrible things which are offensive, when pointed out that their very own party behave in exactly the same way then we ignore it or point out more wrong doings by the Tories.

If your a Blue then Labour are scum and do terrible things which are offensive, when pointed out that their very own party behave in exactly the same way then we ignore it or point out more wrong doings by Labour.

The very same people can go to the match last night and then post that they think Everton played well and were well organised, but wouldnt even consider watching the televised debate tonight and then post how well the other leaders did - they are so biased their own sense of common decency would prevent it.

Meanwhile the rest of us feel even further disenfranchised by the main parties and look in vain for someone to support.

I am assuming nothing Jez - the question is if the Tory party were the Gvmt would they maintain the Minimum wage. Past history and voting records of those in the shadow gvmt would indicate that they would not
Interesting. If you'd have gone on past history and voting records of Labour MP's over the years I wonder if you would have believed that they could have changed so much.

As it has been established by a number of correspondents to this thread that the Tories are an untrustworthy, money grabbing, all for the rich party, I think it highly unlikely that the minimum wage, which has become *the* wage paid to the majority of staff by unscrupulous, money grabbing employers (who undoubtedly vote Tory) will be removed. I think that this piece of legislation will be preserved by any Tory government as one of the big money grabbing plus of Labour's tenure.

As it has been established by a number of correspondents to this thread that the Tories are an untrustworthy, money grabbing, all for the rich party, I think it highly unlikely that the minimum wage, which has become *the* wage paid to the majority of staff by unscrupulous, money grabbing employers (who undoubtedly vote Tory) will be removed. I think that this piece of legislation will be preserved by any Tory government as one of the big money grabbing plus of Labour's tenure.

Yes it's strange isn't it.

You would think anybody who hates the Conservatives so much would expect them to keep any policy with the word "minimum" in it :winkold: