• Mark Hughes
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Tony Mowbray
    • Sven
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Martin Laursen
    • Ruud Gullit
    • Ron Atkinson one last crack!

Fickle? Exactly why is criticising MON after a poor run of results and the worst defeat in most Villa fans living memory fickle? This guy has spent money that messrs Hodgson, Mcleish and Moyes can only dream of. Why the hell shouldn't he be open to criticism? Why should people blindly support a manager with obvious failings who has demonstrated in the last 2 months that he is not willing to learn from his mistakes? It's very easy to jump on the 'fickle Villa fans' bandwagon started by DOL and is now a cop out for bad management by MON.

Agreed

Fickle? Exactly why is criticising MON after a poor run of results and the worst defeat in most Villa fans living memory fickle? This guy has spent money that messrs Hodgson, Mcleish and Moyes can only dream of. Why the hell shouldn't he be open to criticism? Why should people blindly support a manager with obvious failings who has demonstrated in the last 2 months that he is not willing to learn from his mistakes? It's very easy to jump on the 'fickle Villa fans' bandwagon started by DOL and is now a cop out for bad management by MON.

No no, were all entitled to moan about certain things regarding the TEAM as a whole, we are the ones, who contribute to their ridiculous pay packets!!

Whats fickle about it all is the fact people seem to think the TEAM consists of Martin O'neill. He can implement things, and yes some of that isnt correct but he doesnt get on the pitch and kick the ball.

Some things are out of his control.

Fickle is calling for MON to be sacked even tho we have made an improvement.

Fickle is calling for the board to leave......

Im all for critisism when its due, and a 7-1 defeat does deserve some moans but its the way people go about it.

I see the reactionary numpties are predictably out in force tonight.

Oh yes dundee because I am supposed to be ecstatic with a 3 month slump being topped off with our worst defeat in 55 years !

You have slagged me off constantly for questioning O'Neill (however, you seem to have stopped since Christmas)

Maybe - just maybe you know - it could be that I am right you know !

How do you know I was referring to you?

You're always right Paul, always. Everyone on VT knows that.

1) He is the manager. He controls the playing side of the club and lives or dies on results.

2) We've finished 6th 2 seasons in a row, currently lying 7th with not too many games to go. Improvement? Yeah, maybe on his first season.

3) I still can't find any evidence of anyone wanted Randy and General Krulak to leave. I personally would literally pay them to stay. We have the best chairman and board in the league bar none.

I tell you what Dundee

I am 100% right about one thing - and I am sorry no one can disagree because it is a fact

IT IS TOTALLY 100% UNACCEPTABLE FOR ANY ASTON VILLA SIDE TO LOSE 7-1 !

AND THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED

MON should be counting his lucky stars that Randy is our owner = because in the vast majority of situations and clubs - he would be looking for a job tomorrow !

I said las week - he wants to slag the fans off - its his perogative - but he better make sure his results stand up

He deserves all he gets today

I tell you what Dundee

I am 100% right about one thing - and I am sorry no one can disagree because it is a fact

MON should be counting his lucky stars that Randy is our owner = because in the vast majority of situations and clubs - he would be looking for a job tomorrow !

I said las week - he wants to slag the fans off - its his perogative - but he better make sure his results stand up

I never said it was acceptable to lose 7-1. It isn't.

But these kind of knee-jerk threads are stupid. And that list is plain ludicrous.

It gives you the chance to post things in CAPITAL LETTERS though so I guess you're happy. Carry on.

1) He is the manager. He controls the playing side of the club and lives or dies on results.

2) We've finished 6th 2 seasons in a row, currently lying 7th with not too many games to go. Improvement? Yeah, maybe on his first season.

3) I still can't find any evidence of anyone wanted Randy and General Krulak to leave. I personally would literally pay them to stay. We have the best chairman and board in the league bar none.

You see no improvement???? Really, and i ve been called deluded.

Up until today we were undefeated!! I would take a draw over a loss anyday! Yes we aint flying like you would hope we would and yes that is down to MON, and to the fact he isnt expanding the team like he should be.

NO improvement, i dont see us looking at relegation.

I see us actually achieving something, by reaching WEMBLEY TWICE, this season!

But if you lot reckon there is no improvement, i must be wrong!!

I look at it like this, this is a smack in the face for MON.

We've been raped by a bloody good team, and they werent firing on all cylinders!!

But seriously what did you all expect were a tired team!!

I tell you what Dundee

What you say about the match today and MON deserving the criticsm i think is totally correct.

What you say about O'Neill being sacked i disagree with.

This is the first year with O'Neill that we haven't made progress. Nore have we declined in our performances. Having got us to a top 4 challenging team for 2 consecutive years is an achievement considering four years ago we were 16th in the league.

We all want success and it doesn't come immediately. Some of his managerial decisions and tactics are up for discussion but I think we just need to look at the picture on the whole.

So we've got less points than this time last season (having played more games) and are lower down the table, but we're improving?

And we should be happy to be avoiding relegation after what MON has spent? Are you serious?

As for 2 trips to Wembley, I'm sorry but I agree with Brian Clough, the league is the bread and butter. Thats the real test of a team, not one-off games against lower league opposition.

I think MON deserves a lot of criticism after today's game (as do the team as well) but a sacking he does not deserve.

thank you. If i could climb through the pc to kiss you i would!!

I am utterly outraged today, however, I can't believe this thread has even been created.

No manager is safe from the consequences of a poor performance, but lets put this into perspective.

We've reached a cup final this year and we have a much improved side now than we did when Martin took charge.

This thread is the equivalent of touretts syndrome lads. Sleep on it before you create a thread like this i beg you.

So we've got less points than this time last season (having played more games) and are lower down the table, but we're improving?

And we should be happy to be avoiding relegation after what MON has spent? Are you serious?

As for 2 trips to Wembley, I'm sorry but I agree with Brian Clough, the league is the bread and butter. Thats the real test of a team, not one-off games against lower league opposition.

You just said it yourself, having played MORE games, the team is tired. What do you expect, you cant have your cake and eat it! We could be flying bloody high winning the league and you lot would still bitch that we werent in europe or winning the fa cup.

Make your bloody minds up!

Someone said its like tourettes too bloody right!!

I aint saying MON is in the right, but he certainly wont lose his job over it!

SO IF WE WIN NEXT WEEK, I WILL SEE HOW MANY OF YOU ARE CRAWLING UP MON'S ARSE THEN SHALL WE!!

You just said it yourself, having played MORE games, the team is tired. What do you expect, you cant have your cake and eat it! We could be flying bloody high winning the league and you lot would still bitch that we werent in europe or winning the fa cup.

Make your bloody minds up!

Someone said its like tourettes too bloody right!!

I aint saying MON is in the right, but he certainly wont lose his job over it!

SO IF WE WIN NEXT WEEK, I WILL SEE HOW MANY OF YOU ARE CRAWLING UP MON'S ARSE THEN SHALL WE!!

I mean less points from more league games Kimmie. Cup games should not be counted. You have a squad for a reason.

Zola will be available tomorrow! I didn't see him on the list...

(I remember a number of posters on VT, just after the Wigan game last August, arguing that we should replace MON with Zola.)

There's a lot of moaning and groaning going on today... We lost today, but we'll bounce back!!!

Cheer up, you Victor Meldrews!! It's no way to live your life. :)

Up the Villa!!!