• Mark Hughes
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Tony Mowbray
    • Sven
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Martin Laursen
    • Ruud Gullit
    • Ron Atkinson one last crack!

This site is a joke. Some of you need a reality check.

This is the reason I hardly ever post here.

1656 posts suggest otherwise

:lol:

Yep, dead clever, well worth a smiley emoticon (a useful modern invention which beats entering into an articulate debate any day of the week)

Except of course that maybe he meant that most of his 1656 posts were from ages ago, that maybe, like me, he got bored of trying to converse with sneering, semi-literate knuckleheads, and found something else to do with his time. Just maybe

Have to say the question of Martin O'Niell going at this point for me is crazy, frikkin madness, what happened today is history, we are still 7th, we have a Semi Final to contest and we must finish top 6 IMO ask this question at the end of and then it would be due consideration based on what we have achieved this season, who knows MON may look at things and say thats it, i've gone as far as i can with Aston Villa.

So to answer......No not at this time.

Bolton will be a difficult and massive game.

This site is a joke. Some of you need a reality check.

This is the reason I hardly ever post here.

1656 posts suggest otherwise

:lol:

Yep, dead clever, well worth a smiley emoticon (a useful modern invention which beats entering into an articulate debate any day of the week)

Except of course that maybe he meant that most of his 1656 posts were from ages ago, that maybe, like me, he got bored of trying to converse with sneering, semi-literate knuckleheads, and found something else to do with his time. Just maybe

And so it decends into the 'im a better fan than you' thread...

Questioning the management is something I do on a regular basis but I also happen to believe we are where we are, we should be finishing 7th so although it isn't improvement as such, I understand it's a difficult league and don't expect us to finish 4th.

The season isn't over quite yet. We're 7 points behind Tottenham yet with them playing Sunderland away, Arsenal, Chelsea, United then it's hardly unthinkable that in 4 games we could be l1/2 points behind, level or heck even above them.

A thrashing is hopefully exactly what this team needed.

I agree you can't expect anything in football it's ruthless and debilitating like today, but that doesn't mean there aren't flaws or issues to debate, or we can't question MON's management style. We are in competition with Spurs and City and therefore we will use their successes and failings as measuring sticks to our own ability. I'm all for reasonable debate but I accept people's emotions run high over their football team.

I see the reactionary numpties are predictably out in force tonight.

Oh yes dundee because I am supposed to be ecstatic with a 3 month slump being topped off with our worst defeat in 55 years !

You have slagged me off constantly for questioning O'Neill (however, you seem to have stopped since Christmas)

Maybe - just maybe you know - it could be that I am right you know !

I'm getting to the point now where I don't really care if he stays or goes, that result today took me back to the worst days of DOL and when that starts to happen the belief goes.

We are turning into a broken record with our manager failing to learn from his mistakes and IMHO need a fresh start.

im ashamed to be a villa fan today. And not because of a piss poor result. But because David O'leary was right, were fickle!!

MON is god and will be god....look were we've been this season.

Look at how far we've come, yet you people are wanting to replace him...but not with anyone superior, i saw gareth f'g southgates name on that poll.....

Oh my fu***ng god, take a look at yourselves you shameful bunch of small heath alliance lovers!! cause thats all you are. Your like them. Cause Claret and blue certainly aint in your blood.

I am proud of them villa boys today, proud because they ve taken us to wembley not once but twice this season.

Im proud because no matter how tired they are they still play with pride, and dont resort to bumming the ref.

Im proud to be claret and blue!!

im ashamed to be a villa fan today. And not because of a piss poor result. But because David O'leary was right, were fickle!!

Look at how far we've come, yet you people are wanting to replace him...but not with anyone superior, i saw gareth f'g southgates name on that poll.....

Oh my fu***ng god, take a look at yourselves you shameful bunch of small heath alliance lovers!! cause thats all you are. Your like them. Cause Claret and blue certainly aint in your blood.

I am proud of them villa boys today, proud because they ve taken us to wembley not once but twice this season.

Im proud because no matter how tired they are they still play with pride, and dont resort to bumming the ref.

LOL.

Had me going there for a sec

Ha ha. Deluded. This is a results business.

I guess being devastated to lose 7-1 makes me less of a fan eh? LOL

Who'd have thought it? 2 years on the trot we've fallen apart at the same time for the same reasons.

Groundhog Day!

No not at all, im devastated aswell, but calling for Mon's head is a joke!

Yeah we need a kick up the ass!

Fickle fans do my head in.

You all turn into manager of the century come match day! Shit happens, We were slaughtered, but it werent like it was a bolt out the blue.

Were tired, weve had some difficult games, and a lot of pressure! We've got to wembley twice this season does that not account for anything?

Were have made progress from 2years ago. We are a tired small team, and that needs to be addressed.

Stick behind the team, and support them instead of throwing in the towel!

Yeah you aint happy, but you never learn do you, abusing the manager, calling for his head, does nothing but put more stress on the team!!

SHIMPLES!!!

No not at all, im devastated aswell, but calling for Mon's head is a joke!

Yeah we need a kick up the ass!

Fickle fans do my head in

No mate - the kick up the arse should have happened when we went 2 0 down to Crystal Palace.

Every bloody week (and laughably, including tonight) I keep hearing the same people say "Now is the time for a reaction"

We are getting the reaction - we were crap against wolves, MON attacks the fans, we are HUMILIATED - time to eat humble pie MON

It is going down and down and down - how long do you keep throwing good manoy after bad.

Simple

Hey - here is a question

If a Nottimgham Forest side, including Martin ONeill had just been given a hiding like this - what do you think Brian Cloughs reaction would have been ?

The guy is a totally average manager who has bought average players bar about 3 - every season he is found out and every season I hear "lets see what happens next year".

Fickle? Exactly why is criticising MON after a poor run of results and the worst defeat in most Villa fans living memory fickle? This guy has spent money that messrs Hodgson, Mcleish and Moyes can only dream of. Why the hell shouldn't he be open to criticism? Why should people blindly support a manager with obvious failings who has demonstrated in the last 2 months that he is not willing to learn from his mistakes? It's very easy to jump on the 'fickle Villa fans' bandwagon started by DOL and is now a cop out for bad management by MON.

Well explain to me why people are calling for the board to go aswell???

Eh? Well thats news to me.

The board have been wonderful since they took over, its the manager thats the problem.

Its almost a reverse of the Ellis days!

Well explain to me why people are calling for the board to go aswell???

I think thats the last thing people want. Having people like Randy and General Krulak upstairs is most football fans wet dream.