• Mark Hughes
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Tony Mowbray
    • Sven
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Martin Laursen
    • Ruud Gullit
    • Ron Atkinson one last crack!

Ok its an embarrassing defeat, but one during a season where we have already been to Wembley, we have another semi-final coming up at Wembley (no matter what happened yesterday) and again despite the hammering by Chelsea we are still scrapping for the a European position, albeit highly unlikely to be CL. So how people can be looking at the next manager is beyond me. Surely now is the time to get behind the team and pick them up ready fot the Bolton game.

if he was to walk id go for Jol,been honest and its not after yesterday result but i think MON has taken us as far as he can,the style of football is pure shite to watch same crap over and over,we cant even hold onto the ball for anymore than 10 passes.he has over spent on some real shite players..

I'm pretty sure Martin Jol was quoted quite some time ago in German media as saying he would never manage in England again. With that in mind I'm not sure he is as a realistic a possibility as some of us would like to believe.

I read some quotes saying he definitely wanted to manage in the premiership again - but I suppose he could have changed his mind!

Guest Ricardomeister

To be fair, nobody who wants MON out (I am still in the "review the situation in the summer in spite of various reservations" camp) is doing so based on 1 result.

IF he goes, then out of that last the only one worth a punt is Hughes. The rest are **** wank. May as well pop Dolly back on there.

Personally? I'd love Moyes in, but why come to Villa when I'm sure it's just a matter of time before Old Trafford goes calling. Jol? Yep wouldn't be adverse to that. Magath, Blanc too if we are going foreign. The games changed since Dr Jo was one of the first foreign managers. Sadly for MON, the game has changed since he was at Leicester too.

The most pointless thread I have ever seen. Why should a manager who has taken this club to Wembley at least twice this season, and for the first time in a decade, have to leave because we might finish a place or two behind where we ended up last season? This Villa team is progressing, whether the league table states so or not. As if we could find a decent replacement anyway. Martin Jol is no better, Klinsmann is just a big name who has been crap as a manager, Gullit - wtf?! He was awful at Newcastle. As for the others on this list - you honestly think any of them would do better than O'Neill? Give me strength. Stop these pointless discussions and get on with supporting the team.