New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bitterly dissapointed. Especially after seeing those 1974-1981 templates.

The new one looks like Hummel Meets Croatia

Not buying it, those checks remind me of the O'Leary days

Funny how the marketing picture is of Delfouneso and not Heskey....just saying....

It's looking like MM was right in that they're going to put more faith in Delfouneso this year.

I'm excited by the idea of having Gabby and Fonz upfront, but I'd really hope that we're not putting too much pressure on the two of them.

That will be the first question I ask the Gen when it is re-open.

When the new regime came in they said it was a priority to keep a shirt for a period of time - 2 or 3 years were mentioned.

Because of various reasons which I can understand , deal with 32 Red, then the yearly thing with Acorns, we could not do it.

There is nowno excuse, we have Nike and FX Pro for at least 3 yrs - so i would hope they now stick to what they said.

When the new regime came in they said it was a priority to keep a shirt for a period of time - 2 or 3 years were mentioned.

Because of various reasons which I can understand , deal with 32 Red, then the yearly thing with Acorns, we could not do it.

There is nowno excuse, we have Nike and FX Pro for at least 3 yrs - so i would hope they now stick to what they said.

I do agree with you, but I suppose it's a major revenue stream. We have cheap tickets, we don't get that many fans, but we have people demanding big-money signings. They can't really win.

I agree with you paul but I wouldn't be hopeful. I think they should do what 'pool used to do and change 1 jersey per year alternating the home & away. That way every jersey lasts 2 years but you still get a new one each season.

I think I'm gonna be sick, those checks are awful. If it was solid blue, it'd be really nice. The trim on the cuff is hideous too. I actually don't mind the claret v-neck collar, or sponsor logo. Meh, I hold out hope for the away kit!

I'm not sure if I've misunderstood your point..

So you'll be raising an issue as you think we should have the same kit, unchanged, for 2-3 years?

If that's what you mean then I think a lot of people will disagree with you. I like us having a new kit every year. It gives us something to look forward to while we're hoping for signings.

I like a new shirt each season.

a home kit should really be 2 years, let them change the away every season though

but at the end of the day theres nobody forcing you to buy the kit. im picking up last seasons for £15 at the online store today, like ive done every previous season

The marketing pictures seen so far include, Agbonlahor, Defouneso, Collins, Dunne, and Petrov.....again just speculating but it will be interesting to see at the reveal this afternoon who is pictured in the new kit and who isn't...Milner for example...

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say it's the best home kit we've had from Nike by a country mile. Simply gorgeous. I've not bought one Nike home kit so far. This may very well change my mind.

Cant really tell from the piccie

Wonder if it is skin tight like a lot of the world cup kits - can you imagine some of the sights on the holte if it is !!!.

For all those who don't like it - remember, it could have had packaging tape all across it like the France kit ! (how many people do you know actually said "why have they got masking tape on the back ?"

I like a new shirt each season.

Me too

Fir enough - presume you dont have kids then ?

Coz if so, can't see why you would be chuffed and look forward to spunking £200 down the drain each year for a shirt that has a miniscule change from the one you already have.

And before you say "you don't have to buy it" - just wait until you have kids - then say that !

a home kit should really be 2 years, let them change the away every season though

but at the end of the day theres nobody forcing you to buy the kit. im picking up last seasons for £15 at the online store today, like ive done every previous season

I hope your an extra large then.

Â